Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Brake caliper removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 01:50 PM
gamocles is on a distinguished road
Brake caliper removal

Hi all, I have spent several hours researching trying to find how to remove the front calipers from my 07 Bentley GTC, and could use some help. I am replacing the front brakes, and have gotten the hex head bolts off, and it is loose but it isn't coming out. I don't want to force it, in case I'm missing something. None of the diagrams I have seen exactly match my setup. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151210_120422_resized.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	298.1 KB
ID:	434881   Click image for larger version

Name:	20151210_121939.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	765.5 KB
ID:	434882  
Old 12-10-2015, 02:02 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
if you are just changing the pads, have you opened the pistons up slightly, also you need to remove the plate on the front with Bentley written on it. Not sure what you are showing in the second picture, but to remove calliper the steps are ..remove outside plate (bentley written on it, Remove two plastic caps on the inner side so you can access the 7mm hex bolts, loosen those , release the bleed nipple so as you can push back the pistons in the calliper. Then remove calliper from its carrier.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:44 PM
gamocles is on a distinguished road
Awesome, that did the trick! Unfortunately, the Bosch brakes I purchased do not match the brakes on the car. I'm also confused about the pad sensors. They are obviously there and functioning, because my brakes are low and my dash makes sure I know it. However, I don't see how it knows, I don't see any sensor? I also don't see anything about them in the diagram for the assembly. Where are they?

Old 12-10-2015, 09:13 PM
bentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of lightbentleytech is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by gamocles
Awesome, that did the trick! Unfortunately, the Bosch brakes I purchased do not match the brakes on the car. I'm also confused about the pad sensors. They are obviously there and functioning, because my brakes are low and my dash makes sure I know it. However, I don't see how it knows, I don't see any sensor? I also don't see anything about them in the diagram for the assembly. Where are they?
Sensor is on the right hand side from what I remember. Could be the left. But you should see wiring for it