Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

who has the fastest bentley gt?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 10:18 PM
Joe Boccia is on a distinguished road
who has the fastest bentley gt?

Just curious on who has done some tuning to their gt and what kind of power is it making. Eurocharged said they can build one around 900hp for 18k and it would be rock solid reliable and good for a daily driver.

Old 12-15-2015, 08:35 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
I think Wedgeduck had perhaps the fastest here on 6Speed with the hopes of still being street drivable. Alas, he no longer posts here. Did meet him in Newport Beach a few years back and the car looked VERY aggressive and fast.

www.6speedonline.com/forums/bentley/329952-only-because-s-bentley.html

ECU tune, new air intake, vents on the front hood for additional cooling, and exhaust mods should do it for plenty of 'reasonable' power. If you want to go extreme, then perhaps add uprated turbos/cooling too. IMHO around 800HP and 725TQ is far more than 'good enough' for public roadways where there are speed limits. But, hey, the need for speed and all that yet stress and wear will have consequences.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 12-15-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:50 PM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
I did the Fabspeed H pipe, muffler replacements and ECU tune that they said netted me about 90hp. Can't remember the tq number but the whole package did make a nice difference. Not the fastest but not stock.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:36 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
I have a question. I'm looking at a 2009 GTC and a 2011 Supersports GTC.
If you do a ECU tune on the 09 will it be almost as fast as the supersports GTC?
thx in advance

Old 01-12-2016, 07:33 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
With ECU tune the 2009 will have more HP/TQ than stock 2011 SuperSport. You might also want to see what a more free-flowing exhaust would do to further increase things a bit.

Old 01-13-2016, 04:10 AM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
With ECU tune the 2009 will have more HP/TQ than stock 2011 SuperSport. You might also want to see what a more free-flowing exhaust would do to further increase things a bit.
Which ECU tune is better? anyone have any experience with etg?

Old 01-13-2016, 07:52 AM
Great question, yet I don't think anyone truly knows 'which is better' ETG or GIAC.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:40 PM
DMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud ofDMaffo has much to be proud of
Its so tempting to send my stuff to them as they make claims like this:

We take the Bentley Flying Spur to 683hp.

90%of our business is done for factory dealerships. We program more Bentleysthan any other tuner.

Checkout our Instagram page.

https://instagram.com/ecutuninggroup/

All else are in the 620hp range

Last edited by DMaffo; 01-13-2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-13-2016, 10:12 PM
You can get 800 or more.... How fast do you want to afford and what type of wear/reliability is acceptable to you? You might get to 900 with a few additional mods.

Then again ETG is $2500 for a 2007-ish GT/GTC and produces very good power whereas GIAC is a heck of a lot more $$$$ for about the same power output.

Last edited by stevenrmusic; 01-14-2016 at 12:59 AM.
Old 01-14-2016, 01:13 PM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
The guy with the biggest speeding ticket. Unless its documented its all just a big fish story. LOL

Old 01-14-2016, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by Joe Boccia
Just curious on who has done some tuning to their gt and what kind of power is it making. Eurocharged said they can build one around 900hp for 18k and it would be rock solid reliable and good for a daily driver.
Read somewhere online of a Bentley with Hybrid turbos, exhaust and tune in the 900 crank hp range. Lots of claims but haven't really seen anything real.
Even the flash tunes claim big numbers but no hard evidence.
We do live in times where a stock block gtr can have 750 to wheels with bunch of bolt ons and tune. Why should our engines struggle to do same with nearly double the size.

Old 01-14-2016, 03:41 PM
BOOMER7 is on a distinguished road
Who has the GIAC tune?
happy with results?
cost?
thx

Old 01-18-2016, 03:32 AM
dtbh will become famous soon enough
I have the GIAC tune which I bought a couple of years ago during a group-buy offer here. I definitely love it over the stock tune.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:34 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by BOOMER7
Who has the GIAC tune?
happy with results?
cost?
thx
I have the Fabspeed mods with exhaust and muffler change and tune and do like it. Can't recall the cost.

Old 01-18-2016, 09:46 AM
Sorry correction and clarification,. I just mailed the guys at Fabspeed and the tune they offer is an EVOMSit tune. I think that is their brand name of a flash type tune to the ECU. All I know is that it works and have no issues in over 20'000 miles.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: who has the fastest bentley gt?