Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

09 flying spur homelink not programming

Old 01-04-2016, 11:37 AM
cduluk1 is on a distinguished road
09 flying spur homelink not programming

Hi all:

I just got my 2009 flying spur and am having trouble programming my garage door to the homelink. I have followed all the directions outlined in the manuals, but it's not working. It works with my other cars, but not on this bentley. Any thoughts or tricks? My garage door unit is Liftmaster and it is rolling code.

Thanks!

Chris

Old 01-04-2016, 12:29 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Have also not been successful with Bentley system and rolling code like that. I gave up.

Old 01-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Damn... Do we know what's wrong?

Old 01-05-2016, 11:29 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Stock system too ancient me thinkith (just because the car is a MY 2009 don't think it really is modern, sorry ).

With Homelink you can use some other non-rolling code remote and program that into the car and your garage door opener system. Only prob there is security as non-rolling code is extremely easy to hack.

Old 01-05-2016, 11:45 AM
So you think a new garage opener that's non-rolling code would work on the car?

Old 01-05-2016, 02:04 PM
Yes, or virtual any 'single code' remote probably. Perhaps some obscure button on your old VHS player or whatever. Then use the LEARN function on your Homelink control/button on the all in your garage (usually under the button on the wall controller in your garage you'll see there is a LEARN function). I have not tested this yet it is common sense as a 'learn' remote control.

Old 01-06-2016, 07:26 AM
Hawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to all
Did you hit the learn button on the opener itself after you coded the remote to homelink and then hit the homelink button while the opener was in learn mode?

Old 01-08-2016, 06:13 AM
Yeah i tried everything, every button, every combination. Pi$$ed me off!

Old 01-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Hawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to all
did you clear the homelink memory in the car?

Old 01-08-2016, 02:16 PM
It's NOT Homelink, it the outdated car system. Been there, done that.

Has ANYONE here gotten their Bentley to work with a rolling code? If so, how? State year/model you have if you got it to work.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:20 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
I'm late to the party here but hope someone may find this useful. Some of the newer rolling code openers (Liftmaster/Chamberlain/Sears for sure) - mine are 2014 models -
may not work with older versions of Homelink. My '98 Jag and '09 Continental GT are two examples. Homelink offers a "Compatibility Bridge" #855LM that will solve the problem for under $25 (see Amazon). One bridge will handle multiple doors and cars. The bridge plugs into an outlet in the garage, preferably one on the ceiling with the opener. The one button remote included with the bridge is used to program each button in the car. In the GT follow the instructions in the book and press & hold the remote against the raised trim piece near the right lower corner of the windscreen while pressing the button you wish to program. The slow flash will turn to rapid in less than 10 seconds. Next, climb a ladder and press the Learn button on the opener once and the light will be on steady. Get back in the car and press AND HOLD the programmed button till the opener lights flash, about 2 seconds. Press again and the door should close. Done!

Old 10-20-2017, 08:47 PM
smwalker is an unknown quantity at this point
I just programmed a 07 Continental GTS - Held 1 & 3 to clear the system first. Went through the first step outlined in the manual first (holding both buttons down for each button) no success there, then went on to pressing the learn buttons on each lift devise (one gate motor one door opener) held each button down for about 5 seconds each. Nothing happened during that first press but then the subsequent press of 2 seconds (have to hold it a bit longer than most systems) activated the lift devises.

Believe both my lift devises are rolling code products.