Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

05 continental gt o2 sensor removal?

Old 01-06-2016, 11:08 PM
turbo_secret will become famous soon enoughturbo_secret will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
It's shown in the second video that I posted, below the blue 3 chamber vacuum reservoir in the drivers side wheel well. Johnny J J
Ill take it out and test it. I wonder tho if the vacuum pump is not working, will it cause the car to run rough? What exactly does that pump even do?

Old 01-08-2016, 07:56 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi TS.

The blown fuse indicates that the electronic brake vacuum pump has seized. That is exactly what happened to mine. Good news is that it is a VW/AUDI part. Mine came from an AUDI A8 so was a lot less expensive than going the Bentley route.
It is fairly easy to change once the wheel arch is removed.

Here is a picture. The part number is the same. The letter at the end of the part number simply denotes the year.

The bad news might be that I also had a rough idle when the vacuum pipes over the gearbox split. As you know, it's an engine/box out job.

Good luck.

Les.

Last edited by ExSF; 01-08-2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:33 PM
turbo_secret will become famous soon enoughturbo_secret will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ExSF
Hi TS. The blown fuse indicates that the electronic brake vacuum pump has seized. That is exactly what happened to mine. Good news is that it is a VW/AUDI part. Mine came from an AUDI A8 so was a lot less expensive than going the Bentley route. It is fairly easy to change once the wheel arch is removed. Here is a picture. The part number is the same. The letter at the end of the part number simply denotes the year. The bad news might be that I also had a rough idle when the vacuum pipes over the gearbox split. As you know, it's an engine/box out job. Good luck. Les.
That's what im going to replace tomorrow and hope for the best! Also we had the engine out couple months ago. I really wish i knew about the plastic hoses that are a common problem on the tranmission before we put everything back together.