Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

06 GT - Sweating?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2016, 08:41 AM
MikeH is on a distinguished road
06 GT - Sweating?

Hi Guys

I hope someone can help me out with a problem i'm having at the moment with my 06 gt.

The weather its quite cold at the moment approx 6c. when i'm using the car I have the inside temp around 20c and the car warms up nicely. But then when I leave it parked in the cold with a warm interior cabin the car is sweating. When I return to it all the windows are steamed up??

I have tried both auto recirc on and off in the A/C settings but makes no difference

In the same menu there is an option for "Residual Heat" which I thought maybe the problem as this function is to keep heat inside the cabin but every time I press it says "Residual Heat is not available"

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Old 01-07-2016, 11:42 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Weird as had an 06 and never had that sweat problem in the same, and far colder, weather. One thing I do like is how the B seems well-abled to handle a variety of environmental temps and humidity levels.

Residual heat as I recall is only active/available at certain situations (I forget the parameter).

Old 01-07-2016, 02:03 PM
Hawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to allHawk375 is a name known to all
if the condensation is occurring on the inside of the glass, you have some source of moisture/humidity inside the cabin... if it has been raining recently and you have a clogged drain, you could have some moisture intrusion to the interior that can cause this

Old 01-07-2016, 02:11 PM
Hi Hawk

Thanks for the info, its been pouring down with rain for the last few weeks here so im wondering if theres a leak somewhere, possibly wet carpet?

I will check the whole car out tomorrow and see what i find.

Old 01-08-2016, 07:13 AM
Hi guys

I found the parameters for the residual heat. Warm car up enough. Ignition off etc.. and got it to work. However the car steamed up within a matter of seconds this way so i went on the hunt.

Found some mold growing on the boot carpet. Further investigation led me to the spare wheel well. It was about 3 or 4 inches deep in water

Iv drained it all out now and spoke to my indy who suggested it could have accumilated over quite a while and told me to keep an eye on it as im due in, in a couple of weeks to look at a problem with ny esp.

Thanks hawk for the advice as it could and got deeper and possibly caused a more expensive problem

Old 01-08-2016, 08:13 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Mike and Happy New Year to you and the rainy city.

It could well be the drains below the aerofoil that are blocked, or, the boot lid drains.
If you are taking it to Ivor I'm sure he will sort it for you.

These cars do seem to also drop some water into the boot when they are opened after rain.

Good luck with it.

Regards. Les.

Old 01-08-2016, 08:52 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Aerofoil Drains

Hello Mike,

As previously stated, check the aerofoil drains at the base of the boot lid shown in small red circles, BUT also check the drain lines themselves, as can be seen in one of my pictures the line is kinked, the lines in the 05 were flimsy, were as the 07 were more ridged.

Johnny J J

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Aero Foil Drains.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	3.11 MB
ID:	436782   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150809_185359.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	3.95 MB
ID:	436783   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150809_222037.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	3.90 MB
ID:	436784   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150809_182152.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	3.60 MB
ID:	436785  

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 01-08-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:57 AM
New rain, New Puddle.

thanks for the photos johnny it looked so easy so I decided to take a look. pulled out the plastic and the carpet panels. check both pipes, and one of them happened to be disconnected on 1 end, it was quite easy to get in there so iv reattached it by myself which will hopefully fix the leak.

Putting the carpet panel back on was another job. some of the plugs seemed to have already been broken by previous owners. the 2 front main ones was full of glue and have just broken straight back off again so will need re-gluing. of the remaining plugs only 3 was left and after several attempts i just couldnt get it back on so decided to leave it for my indy.

this left the 2 lights floating around the back so I decided to tape them up to the back of the boot lid. as soon as metal touched metal it sparked and now the lights are out too. wooops. my indy is going to have a right laugh when I take it down to him.

all in all its some new glue on the brackets and probably a new fuse which is cheaper than a boot/aerofoil motor or air suspension pump that could have gone wrong whilst being water logged.