Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2004 Bentley Continental GT Wrecked

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 08:04 AM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
2004 Bentley Continental GT Wrecked

Well unfortunately last week an icy road and a tree did not mix well with my B car.

I've been driving this car full time for a year and a half and it is truly the best car I have ever owed. Unfortunately the tree got the best of it. So it's available to anyone who wants a project or wants to piece it out. I don't have the patience...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bentley-Cont...m=201528134731

I'm glad I was in this car. My guess is if I was in my S550 or my Lambo id be dead. So now selling this and shopping for a new one.

Anyone wondering about the integrity of these cars.... Worry no more... Bentley's rule the world!!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	441015  
Old 02-23-2016, 08:05 AM
glh
glh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud ofglh has much to be proud of
Still starts runs and drives....

Old 02-23-2016, 10:33 AM
Dr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to allDr.Disaster is a name known to all
Originally Posted by glh
Still starts runs and drives....
Looks a little rough though.

Old 02-23-2016, 11:40 AM
vettegood is on a distinguished road
Congrats on your survival! After viewing pictures I would not suspect you would be able to use your keyboard. I am happy for you that is just a car that needs replacing, although I know that hurts too!!
and Remember
Happy Motoring...

Last edited by vettegood; 02-23-2016 at 04:38 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 12:13 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ugh, black ice I assume. Very glad you're ok my friend. Am curious, which tires were on her at the time. Surprised insurance isn't just taking her and writing a check.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:35 PM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Dr.Disaster
Looks a little rough though.
Nothing a good wash and polish could not solve.

Old 02-23-2016, 12:57 PM
vanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura aboutvanslam has a spectacular aura about
Looking at the posted pics and wondering if any of the airbags came out?

Old 02-24-2016, 06:03 AM
glh
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
Ugh, black ice I assume. Very glad you're ok my friend. Am curious, which tires were on her at the time. Surprised insurance isn't just taking her and writing a check.
Tires are
275/40R-19 PIRELLI P ZERO ALL SEASON PLUS XL
They have worked very well for me and I like their endurance, taking into account the weight of this ride. Full performance tires don't last long with me on those cars.

Insurance wise, I have many cars, boats, properties and companies, most have no attached liens so no insurance requirements, so I self insure my first $100k with all assets and have umbrellas to cover for catastrophic events, in the end that matrix works for me instead of carrying dozens of policies and premiums. It is unconventional but makes sense money wise in my current situation.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:07 AM
glh
Originally Posted by vanslam
Looking at the posted pics and wondering if any of the airbags came out?
No airbags deployed. I was surprised that the A frame airbag didn't blow but the hit was further down the car. I don't think it would of changed how I was protected even if it of deployed. Just my guess.

Old 02-24-2016, 06:48 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Ah yes, it does make sense insurance-wise. As we all know insurance is just a numbers game. Am **very glad** you're ok as cars and stuff is easily replaced.

Old 02-24-2016, 11:53 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
I am also glad to hear that you are ok !!

I am bidding, anyone need parts ?
I will not be needing the hood, grill and surround, fenders, trunk lid, rear bumper, side mirror, 95% of the interior, ...

Just asking to get a feel of what it's worth as far as time and breakdown and the fact that most parts seem to be not moving as far as sales on EBay and some other sites, I think mostly to the sellers asking crazy prices.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 02-25-2016 at 06:57 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 05:07 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Ouch! Tough luck buddy.

Old 02-25-2016, 07:27 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Pm

Hello glh,
Please see my PM.