Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Time for Brake Job.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 08:25 PM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
i use the bmw pad in my bentley.. feeling awesome
the rotor i just re run it

Old 05-05-2016, 08:40 PM
REDNOSEGT will become famous soon enough
if its a north american spec car, the rears you can use aftermarket, the front rotors/pads I dont know of any place that makes aftermarket that actually fit, i know they list aftermarket pads for uk spec, but they are a bit smaller for some reason, at least that was my experience.

i had to get custom made low brake dust pads custom made from my old backing plates

Old 05-06-2016, 09:04 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Thanks for the replies guys..updates later.

J

Old 08-24-2016, 07:53 PM
jc_333 will become famous soon enough
Finally had time to work on car and used Bentley pads as had conflicting data on pad shape so didnt bother trying others.

The Bentley pads (Ferodo FER 139-60) came with two brake were sensors but my rear pads didnt have any?

Photos show the inner pads which was making metal to metal contact.

J

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8726.JPG
Views:	29
Size:	2.01 MB
ID:	457342  
Old 08-24-2016, 08:10 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
Anyone know to what min thickness the rotors can be turned?

I've seen some rotors that have that thickness cast right into the metal where its easy to find.

Old 08-24-2016, 09:34 PM
4KB
4KB is on a distinguished road
Front brake pad options

Quick question. So is the general consensus that we get oe rotors/discs but can try the mintex, pagid and textar front brake pad options? If so, which front pads have the sensors attached and source? Thanks

Old 08-25-2016, 02:26 AM
BentleyF will become famous soon enough
Im using Textar pads came just as factory,with sensors installed in the pads. I paid under $200 two years ago. I bought them off of ebay. no difference at all but it has alot of brake dust.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:04 AM
4KB
4KB is on a distinguished road
Thank you.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:54 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
I've just messaged EBC Brakes to ask if they have any plans for the GT & Spur pads & discs. I will update you if they respond.

Les.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:56 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Just had a reply from EBC. Unfortunately they have no plans at the moment for our cars.
Pity.

Les.

Old 08-26-2016, 02:15 AM
Daddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the rough
Too bad, I'm happy with the EBC pads on our other cars

When 'my time comes', I 'll be putting these 2pc front discs on:
http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/front...al-gt-bespoke/

grtz,
christian

Old 08-26-2016, 06:44 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Daddy, those looks like some really nice rotors! Not sure we really need slotted, and NEVER go drilled as they may play 'connect the dots' with cracking at times. Seem that many times at the track and even on some street cars.

BTW: Slotted will dust up even more than stock(!), so i'd opt for flat surface for more grip potential.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:08 AM
Daddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the rough
Dear Stevenrmusic ,

Myself, I'll go for the plain ones. No need to show off. I like understatement.

If you're interested, you can check the manufacturers credentials (they are Italy-based and have F1 background).

Groupbuy anyone ?

...an alternative could be the Brembo's as in their upgrade-kit for the car. The disks can be ordered separately ( as replacements for the kit) but I'm not sure they would fit the OEM-calipers without repositioning them....anyone has experience with them???

For the back-ones I'll stay with the Original dimensions too; and not go for any of the Bigbrake-kits like Brembo. I never had the front ones lockup (ABS) at breaking (not even on a 7 round Challenge at Spa-Francorchamps), so I reckon the OEM stoppingpower suits me .... and they can easyly be found at much cheaper prices because they are exactly the same as the 'regular' audi/vw ones.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:57 AM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Aahhhhhhhh Spa. Watching it now on TV. Must admit to being a Hamilton fan.

As for discs, have had great results with Gidodisc as they made some for the tracked Ferrari. Same Brembo guy who designed the original/upgrade co-owns it. The other guy worked for Porsce brake dept. I could probably convince him to make something, just not sure the price.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:14 PM
MrVette is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Daddy C.
Dear Stevenrmusic ,

Myself, I'll go for the plain ones. No need to show off. I like understatement.

If you're interested, you can check the manufacturers credentials (they are Italy-based and have F1 background).

Groupbuy anyone ?

...an alternative could be the Brembo's as in their upgrade-kit for the car. The disks can be ordered separately ( as replacements for the kit) but I'm not sure they would fit the OEM-calipers without repositioning them....anyone has experience with them???

For the back-ones I'll stay with the Original dimensions too; and not go for any of the Bigbrake-kits like Brembo. I never had the front ones lockup (ABS) at breaking (not even on a 7 round Challenge at Spa-Francorchamps), so I reckon the OEM stoppingpower suits me .... and they can easyly be found at much cheaper prices because they are exactly the same as the 'regular' audi/vw ones.

Speaking of locking up, after I replaced the brake fluid I wanted to make sure everything was done correctly and the brakes were full on ready to go. So I did several high speed stopping maneuvers with brakes full on. Never did feel the pulsing you typically get when the ABS kicks in. I've felt it in other cars but not this one. I've got no ABS lights on and the car stopped great so I assume everything is fine. No wheels locked up.

Has anyone actually felt any signs that the ABS is functioning?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Time for Brake Job.