Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Time for Brake Job.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 12:38 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
On the snow, many times. ABS did pulsate a bit yet was predictable. In fact, the Bentley with Blizzaks on the snow is some of the most fun ever in either of the two Bentleys. As for dry, never needed to brake that severely.

Old 08-28-2016, 09:17 AM
Daddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the rough
About the Girodisc- guys: I've contacted them last year asking if they would be inclined to cook up a 2pc front disc for use with OEM calipers. Their answer was negative.

grtz,
christian

Old 08-28-2016, 09:26 AM
Daddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the roughDaddy C. is a jewel in the rough
I looked up another supplier of 2pc frint discs I contacted earlier : sector7motoring.com
They replied to me then:
'Fits OEM calipers. 2 piece rotors. I can have them drilled or vented or both combined if you wish. Total weight saving at about 45 pounds.can have them not drilled if you don't want them drilled or slotted. Price for drilled or slotted is $4200 plus shipping'.

..... I prefer the TAROX... they are less expensive.

Old 10-14-2016, 06:51 AM
Has anyone done business with this company ? (Korean???)

http://ceikaperformance.com/Custom_B...2-p50_p50.html

Old 11-20-2016, 01:31 PM
4KB
4KB is on a distinguished road
So any update for sourcing front rotors/discs other than at dealership? Thanks

Old 11-21-2016, 11:23 AM
tarnow1942 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by stevenrmusic
On the snow, many times. ABS did pulsate a bit yet was predictable. In fact, the Bentley with Blizzaks on the snow is some of the most fun ever in either of the two Bentleys. As for dry, never needed to brake that severely.
Try applying in the rain,easy to feel the pulsation. Also the VAG tool by Autel is not expensive try ebay, prices vary but around $100.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:25 PM
stevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond reputestevenrmusic has a reputation beyond repute
Depends on the tires, and the Mich Pilot Super Sport are excellent in the rain (better than stock Pirelli P Zero imho). Other than the very rare hydroplaning in deeeeeep puddles, i'm all good.

Old 11-21-2016, 01:35 PM
JimBT is on a distinguished road
I have read this whole thread, very interesting. I have Carbon Ceramics on my GT V8s - will I have to sell my house to pay for a brake job ? Maybe I will have to sell the car to pay for the brake job? Looking on the bright side though, after examination of the pads (at 10,000kms) I see virtually no wear, maybe I can keep the kids..

Old 05-17-2020, 06:46 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Just bringing up a dead thread seeing if anyone has any updates for it. It’s time for a brake job and one dealer quoted me $4500 for rotors, pads and lines. Another dealer said they would call me back but never did. I’m figuring if I can do the front struts I should be able to handle the brakes (I have a Ross-Tech). Where are the sources if anyone knows.
Thanks

Old 05-21-2020, 03:01 PM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
I've had ok luck with Scuderia. Continental discs (non-ceramic) seem reasonably priced. You have to know your part number, but quick glance shows discs at $140 or $638 depending on part number.

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/par...123/2117/38000

Ebay has a bunch of choices too, seem cheaper.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rakes&_sacat=0

I think you can do a brake job, it just seems like you have to be very, very careful with the computer/steps, you don't want a permanent warning light on your dash.

Luckily, mine are fine, I was planning on simply changing them out when I bought the car to get a "new car feel", but mine are barely worn, so didn't do it.

Same with batteries, I planned on simply changing out the brakes and batteries as a matter of course when I bought my car, but both were in "like new" shape. No problems at all.

Old 05-21-2020, 03:59 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by British
I've had ok luck with Scuderia. Continental discs (non-ceramic) seem reasonably priced. You have to know your part number, but quick glance shows discs at $140 or $638 depending on part number.

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/par...123/2117/38000

Ebay has a bunch of choices too, seem cheaper.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...rakes&_sacat=0

I think you can do a brake job, it just seems like you have to be very, very careful with the computer/steps, you don't want a permanent warning light on your dash.

Luckily, mine are fine, I was planning on simply changing them out when I bought the car to get a "new car feel", but mine are barely worn, so didn't do it.

Same with batteries, I planned on simply changing out the brakes and batteries as a matter of course when I bought my car, but both were in "like new" shape. No problems at all.
Yea I ordered the brakes and rotors from them the other day along with some other parts. I’ll give it a crack in a few weeks. I looked at some on eBay but I just had a feeling so I went with what I know was OEM stuff. I even called Audi to see what they would charge and they quoted me $1700 for the rear and $3200 or $3500 for the front. Without knowing or trying I laughed at the guy over the phone...and that was without the line change. I’m going to bite the bullet and let someone else do the lines. Not too comfortable with that.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:51 AM
shorttough is on a distinguished road
i have a 2010 Supersports. and i have Carbon Ceramic Discs on all 4.
would it be advisable to use ceramic pads vs other semi-metallic pads against the ceramic rotors for less abrasiveness against the rotors?

https://www.scuderiacarparts.com/par...sc-brakes.html
https://www.flyingspares.com/shop/ca...w0698151s.html