Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

help plz... bentley k16 turbo diverter valve swap with Forge DV

Old 02-11-2017, 08:54 PM
Stelios is an unknown quantity at this point
help plz... bentley k16 turbo Dump Valve swap with Forge DV

Hello... I was wondering if anyone has changed their diverter valves on the stock turbochargers with the aftermarket metalic forge dv valves which fit perfectly in the place of the rubber oem ones... and if so, what colour spring did u choose to work it with?

I had the engine removed from the car and i had my turbochargers serviced, at the same time i noticed that one of the rubber DV valves located on the turbocharger, was faulty and ripped... because i could not find an original oem part anywhere on the market, i used the aftermarket full metal Forge dv valves instead, which cannot tear or go bad in the future...

my question is, which colour spring is the correct one to use with the Forge DV valve, for a Bentley Gt 2005 560hp...?

spring selection

diverter valve by forge installed on the k16 turbo

engine with new downpipes, no cats....

Last edited by Stelios; 02-13-2017 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Used the wrong description, meant to say "Dump Valve"
Old 02-13-2017, 07:04 AM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
u talked about the wastegate ?
i thought it electric one?

and i have another question which is maybe off your topic
what brand is the bentley turbo use?
i have a 2008 FS maybe has bad turbo and wondering to rebuild it instead of replace it.
Thank u

Last edited by nguyennhatquang; 02-13-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Hey man, my car is a 2005... k16 turbochargers..,

no im not talking about the waste gates... im talking about the dump valves...

Regarding the wate gates though, as far as im aware, once they go bad, there really isn't anything you can do to replace them or fix them, since the parts "wastegates" are
not sold separately as a spare part...

Same thing with the Dump valves, located on the turbocharger itself, there is no spare part sold, with the difference that you can find the aftermarket dump valve by forge that fits in the palce of the original rubber one
, the only questions i have are,

1.has anyone ever used the metalic forge dump valve before, after they're dump valves was torn due to wear...

2.if yes, which colour spring was used, which one has the correct stiffness?

im surprised no1 has replied anything regarding the matter as of yet....

Old 02-13-2017, 12:09 PM

Old 02-13-2017, 02:44 PM
jim2331 can only hope to improve
Monday Feb 13, 2017 !:40pm
Hello from San Francisco. I want to congratulate you on the excellent way you illustrated and described your situation. While I have no knowledge of the inner workings of your Turbo Dump Valve, there are guys here that do. I am sure you will have a response soon.
JimB I guess since you have engine out, time is important...

Old 02-13-2017, 02:56 PM
Hey man! Thanx...
to be honest we're not in that much of a hurry, taking things slow, make sure we do it right... i just hope i can find someone that had his Dump valves swapped with the aftermarket forge part, and hear from their experience, if everything worked properly after the mod... there must be someone...

Old 02-13-2017, 03:07 PM
....Have you tried contacting the mfg of your Forge system, when you tell them your application, I bet they have answer...meanwhile I will contact our resident experts who are very busy rebuilding their engines and cars...JimB

Old 02-13-2017, 03:25 PM
Thanx alot for all the help...

to be honest, if it was up to me, i would completely remove all n75, and n249 valves, and work with manual mechanical dump valves, located in a place where they would be accessible without having to remove the engine from the car... and i would also replace the wastegates with aftermarket universal adjustable ones... i would manage the whole thing with a good aftermarket boost controller.

but the problem is, i have no idea who would be able to do the software tuning to make everything work properly after having removed the n249 and the n75 valves...

it would really simplify things for me though if i could....

Old 02-13-2017, 11:12 PM
nguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura aboutnguyennhatquang has a spectacular aura about
@stelious : thank u for reply... as i saw in ebay there re many kind of manufactured flr k16 turbo
is the bentley one is made by kkk or borgwarner ? is my question
and what is the n75 and the n249 valve u talked about?
thank u

maybe u should try both bank in forge green spring as they sale as kit and see what happen
http://www.forgemotorsport.com/Vauxh...duct--774.html

The Forge valve upgrade will be supplied with our "green" coded spring which is suitable for standard or mildly tuned engines, we also supply in the kit an uprated yellow coded spring to allow for fine tuning of your diverter valve set up.

Last edited by nguyennhatquang; 02-13-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:51 AM
Hey man.. its a borg warner kkk k-16 turbocharger, for the 6.0 w12 bentley gt... each side has a slightly different one, so right and left and not exactly the same, due to the layout of the engine and space... if you're wastegtes dont have a problem, then there is no reason why u can't have the internal parts of the turbo changed , serviced and rebalanced...

Old 02-14-2017, 09:07 AM
N249 and n75

N75
N249
These are electric valve solenoids, that control the dump valves, which are mechanical, and the wastegate actuators...
most vw/audi cars, use them...

Old 02-14-2017, 10:33 AM
@stelios : thank you so much..
so would u please tell me how to check the waste gate if it has a problem..
i want to learn about Turbo and luckily i know a person who has much knowledge like u...

so if u run Cat less will u has trouble with CEL on...
i did use Area74 O2 cat simulator and it work great

Old 02-14-2017, 03:21 PM
Hey man...
if u have problems with the wastegate, like a rip in the membrane inside for example, the car will through codes like
"overboost condition" or "Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A Malfunction" or something related to that...

regarding the catalytic converters, i do have 2x100 cell racing ones, further back, just before the h pipe... i just removed the precats away from the turbos in order to cool down that specific area, which is very cramped and close to the engine... i tricked the lamda sensors in thinking the cats are still in place by using a nut that contains a small catalyst inside which is screwed on the downpipes, and the lamda screws on to the nut... i will post pics... Cats removed awat from turbos and gearbox... downpipes have also been wrapped... massive differences in temperature drop....
Egt has also imporved dramatically

2x 100 cell racing cats... 138 mm each

Custom made mufflers
Nut that contains the catalyst to trick the 02 sensor

Old 02-14-2017, 03:41 PM
Hello Stelios or Hello All or Hi Everybody...Pleese No Hey Man...
I enjoy your work and pictures, do you use car for drag racing or some type competition...
or just for your own enjoyment...all good...If I did what you did on car here in California they would lock me up and burn the car...very strict on regular emissions control...just ask guy who owns the VW Company JimB

Old 02-14-2017, 03:53 PM
Originally Posted by jim2331
Hello Stelios or Hello All or Hi Everybody...Pleese No Hey Man...
I enjoy your work and pictures, do you use car for drag racing or some type competition...
or just for your own enjoyment...all good...If I did what you did on car here in California they would lock me up and burn the car...very strict on regular emissions control...just ask guy who owns the VW Company JimB
ok "JIM"
I have an U.S passport, but thats exactly the reason why we dont live in the states... cant really enjoy much there its too strict... besides im not running completely catless, u can start the car inside the garage, with the garage door closed, and its pretty ok, breathable...
the car isnt for drag racing, i just want it to be faster than stock, and the stock car is way too restricted... i'm running at about 1.25 bar at the mo, i got 672 hp with 1090 nm/torque on the dyno, and that was running on 22" wheels 295/35/22...
gearbox is barely holding, but i haven't had any problems with it, except for a code i keep getting about the clutch that randomly slips when changing from 5th to 6th gear sometimes, i guess its due to the torque... its only a stock one...

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.