Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Speed to Supersport mechanical upgrade.....is it possible??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 04:08 PM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Speed to Supersport mechanical upgrade.....is it possible??

I love my speed, the interior etc but I do wish it was just a little more planted on the road and the gear changes a little quicker. So it made me ask the question, is it possible to mechanically convert or should I say upgrade a Speed into a Supersport. Not body work just bushings, roll bars and transmission change speed a bit quicker and perhaps final drive lowered to 3.9:1 ( Same as SS i think). I have near 700 bhp atm so that's not an issue and with ref to my earlier post AP or Brembo steel brake upgrade is fine.
Any one done it or know of any one or has any insight into a project like that??

Old 05-06-2017, 03:37 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Frank.

There was a guy on here a couple of years ago, Wedgeduck I think, who had done a lot of upgrading on his GT. Maybe trawl the forum for him.
Personally, I see no reason why you couldn't do what you want to with the Speed.

Les.

Old 05-06-2017, 04:28 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ExSF
Hi Frank.

There was a guy on here a couple of years ago, Wedgeduck I think, who had done a lot of upgrading on his GT. Maybe trawl the forum for him.
Personally, I see no reason why you couldn't do what you want to with the Speed.

Les.
Hi Les,

I'm wondering about the gearbox and final drive. I'm sure the speed of gear change is a valve and control module upgrade however to lower the final drive I might have to change the CWP on the front and rear diffs? Starts to get a wee bit more complicated then and speedo will have to be calibrated electronically in the display module. I'm sure it could be done but to what cost. it might be worth buying a SS and moding the interior ie get shut of the carbon and brighten up the leather a bit as i find the ss very dull to sit inside.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:56 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
Hi Frank.

Thinking about it, I reckon it could be quite a costly exercise to mod the Speed.

Les.

Old 05-06-2017, 06:03 AM
Originally Posted by ExSF
Hi Frank.

Thinking about it, I reckon it could be quite a costly exercise to mod the Speed.

Les.
Agreed I wonder if there is all that much difference between the 2 in the handling department ?

Old 05-06-2017, 09:29 AM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
I didn't do any performance intensive mod but based on other mod experiences I have, it is better just to upgrade to a SS or get another better handling car...

I upgraded my catback exhaust and second car delete on my car. It drives faster and sounds intense but still no where close to a Gallardo I recently acquired.

The mods you described will probably be very costly.

Old 05-06-2017, 12:57 PM
Originally Posted by lilo1980
I didn't do any performance intensive mod but based on other mod experiences I have, it is better just to upgrade to a SS or get another better handling car...

I upgraded my catback exhaust and second car delete on my car. It drives faster and sounds intense but still no where close to a Gallardo I recently acquired.

The mods you described will probably be very costly.
Ive done the exhaust, I have a Quicksilver supersports exhaust and its loud . Ive also had a DMS retune to just under 700 bhp and 710 ft lbs. I hanker for a supersports but I do love my speed too.

Old 05-06-2017, 05:45 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
I also have the quicksilver supersports and fabspeed x pipe.

i notice the car drones at the beginning of a driving session and becomes better later on. Do you have this issue? I wonder if it is psychological (getting used to the exhaust).

Old 05-07-2017, 12:51 AM
I also have the quicksilver supersports and fabspeed x pipe.

i notice the car drones at the beginning of a driving session and becomes better later on. Do you have this issue? I wonder if it is psychological (getting used to the exhaust).
It does drone a little but I don't worry about it. The only issue I have is on start up, it really is a bit too loud. This however is to be expected as when the engine is cold the turbo wastegate ( control valve) are opened to allow the exhaust gasses to by-pass the turbines and SAI starts to allow the cats to warm up quicker. Hence loud.

Old 05-07-2017, 11:56 AM
Originally Posted by Sunnyside
It does drone a little but I don't worry about it. The only issue I have is on start up, it really is a bit too loud. This however is to be expected as when the engine is cold the turbo wastegate ( control valve) are opened to allow the exhaust gasses to by-pass the turbines and SAI starts to allow the cats to warm up quicker. Hence loud.
Ok thanks. Sorry about hijacking your topic. . Did you use anything to cap the exhaust vacuum tube or just left it unplugged?

Old 05-07-2017, 12:58 PM
Ok thanks. Sorry about hijacking your topic. . Did you use anything to cap the exhaust vacuum tube or just left it unplugged?
Hey, I'm just glad someone actually read my posts .

I blocked off the vac line , the quicksilver system doesn't have the valves . If they are not capped they will leak vacuum.

Old 05-07-2017, 01:04 PM
Hey, I'm just glad someone actually read my posts .

I blocked off the vac line , the quicksilver system doesn't have the valves . If they are not capped they will leak vacuum.
Haha this forum needs a bit more energy.

What did you use to cap the vacuum line?

Old 05-07-2017, 03:39 PM
Haha this forum needs a bit more energy.

What did you use to cap the vacuum line?
HB Pencil

Not really , the tuning garage that fitted it used an Aluminum line plug and clip.

Last edited by Frank ( Sunnyside ); 05-07-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:40 PM
HB Pencil

Not really , the tuning garage that fitted it used an Aluminum line plug and clip.
LOL I was gonna use a pencil for real.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:16 AM
Mine has a couple of short bolts with a thread size the same as the tube inner diameter.

Les.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.