Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Key fob reprogramming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 09:50 AM
belton is an unknown quantity at this point
Key fob reprogramming

My 2007 Bentley came with only 1 key fob. I bought another one from E-Bay, but no one seems to be able to reprogram it to work with my car.

Any suggestions?

It really bothers me to have only 1 key.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Old 08-15-2017, 02:47 PM
fasttoney is an unknown quantity at this point
key

I had the same issue when I brought my b. it came with a second key from eBay. I took it to the dealer to have the second key reprogrammed. I was told they don't do that, and I had the old style key. In order for me to get a second key. I had to buy the new style keys, which came with 2 keys. the total was about 1k.

Old 08-15-2017, 09:17 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
I also only have 1 functional key. Hope someone have a solution.

Old 08-16-2017, 03:54 PM
someone with a vas system, with the appropriate tools. Can reprogram the key. Good luck finding that person.

Old 08-17-2017, 04:53 AM
ExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to allExSF is a name known to all
If memory serves me, it has to be done through an official diagnostics machine which connects with the factory. So, main stealer or a good Indie.

Les.

Old 08-17-2017, 10:51 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello Bob, and everyone else of course.

Sorry for not being of to much help on this one, but this is my first hand account on the keys situation, sorry, it is long.........

As far as reprogramming the key, that is the magic question, reprogramming a key that has already been programmed to another vehicle, some say it can be done, some say impossible, I have not found that person that can, and I actually stopped looking as I did it myself with new keys explained further on below, the most important thing to realize is that the older 2005 and prior keys were "READ ONLY", so one could use any old key of that year or older to a certain point off of eBay or the like, and add them to the vehicle, BUT the new style 2006 key is "READ & WRITE", but "ONLY WRITE ONCE", now why all the newer style keys are on eBay for big bucks if they cannot be reprogrammed is beyond me, but as I have said and read, many of the sellers I questioned back before I ordered new keys, stated that they knew people whom could return a Bentley read-write key to "Virgin State", but again, I did not find that person at the time.

So, I know first hand that I was able to program the brand new keys to my Bentley GT, and I have also had luck with a few used keys on Audi A8L's 2005-07 with push button start and keyless entry (smart key), there is a guy in NY who does "reprogram" used keys and KESSY modules, but there is a catch, as what the person in NY does is, if you lost all your keys you would send him your KESSY and he would use older guts of Audi keys to match to your KESSY, or if your KESSY were to be fried as mine was, he would "match" your keys to a used cloned KESSY, but when I pressed him for some answers, I did not like what I heard, especially for the Bentley, it turned out either way I did it, lost keys, or fried KESSY, or no keys and bad KESSY, it would always be that he would give me some old Audi key or put the old Audi key guts in the Bentley key housing, and the worst of all, I would loose push button start, and keyless entry, I would have to use the buttons on the remote or the key blade itself to lock and unlock, also to start, that was a no go for me...
So, if you yourself do not have the equipment to retrieve the required SKC = secret key code, AKA PIN#, it will be impossible for you to do, I know I had posted here before in my "GT Re-Build" thread of how I programed my new from the dealer Bentley keys, but now I can not find that info in my thread, but I do have the links for when I shared the same info on AudiWorld, also just to note, I paid $570.00 for both brand new keys ordered by VIN # which is for the cutting of the blades to match the drivers door and glove box locks, it was called a key service pack, now the keys still needed to be programed as ordering by VIN is only for the blade cutting, so being my KESSY module was easily accessible as I completely stripped the vehicle, I opened said KESSY module and removed and read the 93C86 chip with the CARPROG {$60.00} the get the SKC PIN#, once I had that I re-installed said chip, and used my Ross-Tech VCDS to program the new keys to the KESSY module, I know this sounds like a lot of work, but the KESSY module is located under the carpet on the drivers side floorboard in the area of your left foot, also I have read that this same SKC can be read from one of the engine control modules off of the 95080 number chip located in either ECU, but I have not confirmed that yet, I could open one to verify the chip does reside in either ECU if needed, as I have 4 ECU's sitting here, the dealer also quoted between $500-$700 for the programming on top of the $570 for the new keys, plus I would have had to tow her into the dealer, so I did it myself.

And yes I was Johhny A6Q, Shhhhh........ now Giovanni Giovino 6.0+6.0TT

CarProg link

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/carprog?rmvSB=true

AudiWorld links

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...aster-2907625/

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...ation-2900269/

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...mming-2905642/

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-...2916915/page2/

Originally Posted by belton
My 2007 Bentley came with only 1 key fob. I bought another one from E-Bay, but no one seems to be able to reprogram it to work with my car.

Any suggestions?

It really bothers me to have only 1 key.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CarProg.png
Views:	273
Size:	4.90 MB
ID:	510784  

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 08-17-2017 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:57 AM
key fob reprogramming

Thank you for this well explained key reprogram instructions. That's why I just ordered mine from the dealer. total 975.

Old 08-17-2017, 09:07 PM
lilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura aboutlilo1980 has a spectacular aura about
Thanks Johnny for the in-depth explanation. Very valuable!

Old 03-21-2018, 05:03 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Sorry to bring an old thread from the dead....

But for those that ordered keys from the dealer, how long did it take the keys to come from Crewe?

Old 03-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TeamJones1962
But for those that ordered keys from the dealer, how long did it take the keys to come from Crewe?
I had mine in 7 days, be sure to bring or fax all the needed info to speed things up on the dealer end, he needs to verify who you are, and that you in fact own the vehicle that you are ordering keys for, so a copy of your DL, copy of title, and or registration.

Old 03-22-2018, 11:43 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
I had mine in 7 days, be sure to bring or fax all the needed info to speed things up on the dealer end, he needs to verify who you are, and that you in fact own the vehicle that you are ordering keys for, so a copy of your DL, copy of title, and or registration.
Would you believe they took my info over the phone and let me pay for it the same way? I called two, one in Northbrook IL and the other in Zionsville In. The one in IL, which is an hour away, was about to do it but said something about Crewe is real finicky about state lines blah blah blah but would call me back to let me know. The one in Indiana, which is in my state but 2 hours away, had to clear it with the service manager first, but took the payment and said we'll call you when it comes in. He did rattle on a out how sometimes the computer goes down and it takes awhile and I made it clear if it does, it' not my fault so I'm not paying for hours they because of their equipent. Looking on Youtube, it seems like it should only take 5 to 7 mins per key.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.