Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

New member and just bought my first Bentley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 06:25 PM
zissis is an unknown quantity at this point
New member and just bought my first Bentley

Greetings everyone. I have been lurking around for about a month trying to decide if I will take the plunge ... I finally did it and bought a 2010 conti GT. Of course I had to join this forum right after the purchase! I have a few questions related to a few components that did not come with the car that I want to source. Wondering if anyone can held. They are:
  • Battery tender
  • Second key
  • How do I get the radio code? Call a dealer??
  • Phone is missing. Can I buy it from somewhere? I like to have complete cars
Those will bring the car up to spec and now for some mod questions:
  • Can I upgrade the nav unit to a 2012 or better?
  • Rotors will need replacing after the summer. What is the best brake kit to get short of carbon?
  • I need a clear bra ... is the 3M one the best or something else?
  • I have the old man square steering wheel ... Can I upgrade it to the newer one?

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Old 04-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Rons GT Speed will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by zissis
Greetings everyone. I have been lurking around for about a month trying to decide if I will take the plunge ... I finally did it and bought a 2010 conti GT. Of course I had to join this forum right after the purchase! I have a few questions related to a few components that did not come with the car that I want to source. Wondering if anyone can held. They are:
  • Battery tender
  • Second key
  • How do I get the radio code? Call a dealer??
  • Phone is missing. Can I buy it from somewhere? I like to have complete cars
Those will bring the car up to spec and now for some mod questions:
  • Can I upgrade the nav unit to a 2012 or better?
  • Rotors will need replacing after the summer. What is the best brake kit to get short of carbon?
  • I need a clear bra ... is the 3M one the best or something else?
  • I have the old man square steering wheel ... Can I upgrade it to the newer one?

Thank you all in advance for your help.
Hello Zissis. The preferred charger most use is an aftermarket charger, the CTEK 7002. As I understand they are the maker of the original supplied charger just a name change and cheaper. I use it on my GT. I like also the Granite Charger Maintainer available on line. I you use this product on my other cars. I think it out performs the CTEK. It is a complete digital smart charger including its diagnostic ability. I hope you get to drive the GT as much as possible. The more you drive the more you will enjoy it. Congratulations on your purchase.

Ron

Old 04-13-2018, 12:19 PM
Former Vendor
EDHondroulis is on a distinguished road
Hi Zissis,

Congrats on the purchase! Drive it in good health.

I represent 3M Company and wanted to reply to your comment about clear bra. 3M is the original patent holder for the product dating back to the 1960s. Though it was conceived for another purpose, clear bra (aka paint protection film) has really become popular. And there are many choices in picking a film. The three most popular are 3M, Xpel, and SunTek. Each are good films and you probably can't go wrong with any of them. But let me explain how 3M is different.

3M is a self-healing, high gloss, easy-to-install product just like the other films. The biggest difference is that only 3M guarantees the performance of its product. 3M offers an optional warranty whereby 3M will pay up to $3500 to repair your car's paint in the event that the film fails and your paint is damaged.

All of this can be summarized in the following table: https://www.ppffilm.com/why-3m.

If you would like the name of a local installer, please let me know.

Regards,
Manny Hondroulis

Old 04-13-2018, 01:30 PM
BWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud ofBWings has much to be proud of
Hi:

Congrats on the purchase.

The phones can be had on Ebay. I found a few brand new bluetooth's there. One source was a Canadian Ebayer.
Second key is a toughy. See if anyone else replies.
Are you sure you need a radio code? NA cars usually don't, but if it was programmed in then a dealer should be able to get it with the VIN and proof of ownership.

Old 04-13-2018, 03:40 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Congrats

Congrats on the purchase.

I just had to get new keys for mine. $9×× plus for 2 keys and programming. They will need the key you have now also. Took them less then an hour. 2 keys and a valet would have been $130 more. Shop around. Dealers vary in prices. It's only two in my area and the closest one, which is an hour away wanted more for the keys AND more for programming then the dealer that was 2 hours away. Guess which one I went too...lol

Last edited by TeamJones1962; 04-13-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-14-2018, 09:04 AM
zissis is an unknown quantity at this point
Thank you all for the information so far. I will source a dealer for the keys, going with a 3M wrap through my local speed shop and getting the battery tender. I drove the car for 200 miles yesterday and all I can say is ... HOLLY COW these cars are NICE!!!

Old 04-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Former Vendor
EDHondroulis is on a distinguished road
Hi Zissis,

Happy to hear you're going with 3M. Please let me know if I can assist in any way.

Regards,
Manny