Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Upgrading the stereo redux advice por favor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 01:06 PM
Monroe903 is an unknown quantity at this point
I appreciate that a lot. I think that Halo 9 will look very good in that car. That infotainment system is just too complicated for a normal person. But if your guy can come up with something, just let me know, I'll reward him for his time... Thank you

Old 05-20-2019, 01:08 PM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Monroe903
I appreciate that a lot. I think that Halo 9 will look very good in that car. That infotainment system is just too complicated for a normal person. But if your guy can come up with something, just let me know, I'll reward him for his time... Thank you
Lol ... no need for a reward, happy to help. Your location ? ...

Old 05-20-2019, 01:19 PM
I’m in Abu Dhabi...

Old 05-20-2019, 01:26 PM
I’m in Abu Dhabi...
Ok cool ... are the BenHur unit sold there and can anyone fit them ...

Old 05-20-2019, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Ok cool ... are the BenHur unit sold there and can anyone fit them ...
I can order one, and I have a guy. I just need the color codes for my year model.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:29 PM
I can order one, and I have a guy. I just need the color codes for my year model.
Sure thing ...

Old 05-20-2019, 01:30 PM
Sure thing ...
Just shoot me a private message, I'm sure everyone is tired of getting notifications, lol.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:28 PM
Just shoot me a private message, I'm sure everyone is tired of getting notifications, lol.
Im sure they not, it's all about sharing this forum.
Well I got a message back and you were right the BenHur is not compatible in the 2012 GT.
So on to the next question ? what is it you are trying to do, I understand from your post the system is slow. there is another way round this and that's to upgrade to a NAIM system, the best guy for that is a man called Johnny Hotspur, he an expert in GT's. Im sure if you message him he will give you the best advice. If you look further into this forum you will find his post its had around 46,000 hits so you can't miss it, I think its on the 2nd page. If I can be of any further help do message me ...
Sorry 3rd page and over 50,000 hits ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 05-20-2019 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:37 PM
Im sure they not, it's all about sharing this forum.
Well I got a message back and you were right the BenHur is not conpatable in the 2012 GT.
So on to the next question ? what is it you are trying to do, I understand from your post the system is slow. there is another way round this and that's to upgrade to a NAIM system, the best guy for that is a man called Johnny Hotspur, he an expert in GT's. Im sure if you message him he will give you the best advice. If you look further into this forum you will find his post its had around 46,000 hits so you can't miss it, I think its on the 2nd page. If I can be of any further help do message me ...
Sorry 3rd page and over 50,000 hits ...
I just want to find a way to get this Halo 9 installed. Plain and simple, I thought it was gonna be an easy go but when we saw that the AC wouldn't work without the factory deck, it changed everything.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:41 PM
I just want to find a way to get this Halo 9 installed. Plain and simple, I thought it was gonna be an easy go but when we saw that the AC wouldn't work without the factory deck, it changed everything.
There are a few companies in the US who do fit after market screens into the Bentley system, but I'm not sure if they can fit the Halo9 into it, they do a touch screen with all the stock functions. Let me dig it out for you. Only thing is you in the Middle East, but where there's a will there's a way, as they say ... let me come back to you ...
Oh nothing is easy on a Bentley GT. Im reintalling the total audio system in mine and its a job and a half, check out my post you'll see what I mean " Bentley GT 2006, speaker wiring codes" ...

Last edited by Rico.Adams; 05-20-2019 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-20-2019, 02:46 PM
There are a few companies in the US who do fit after market screens into the Bentley system, but I'm not sure if they can fit the Halo9 into it, they do a touch screen with all the stock functions. Let me dig it out for you. Only thing is you in the Middle East, but where there's a will there's a way, as they say ... let me come back to you ...
Haha, this is true. I don't really care about the factory screen, if I can just find a way to power the AC, then I'd be good. I can hide the motherboard for all that behind the Halo, just need the color code diagram so my installer can do his thing.

Old 05-20-2019, 02:49 PM
Haha, this is true. I don't really care about the factory screen, if I can just find a way to power the AC, then I'd be good. I can hide the motherboard for all that behind the Halo, just need the color code diagram so my installer can do his thing.
Contact Johnny Hotspur as I mentioned, he may have the wiring diagram ...

Old 05-20-2019, 02:51 PM
Contact Johnny Hotspur as I mentioned, he may have the wiring diagram ...
Will do, thank you for all the help...

Old 05-20-2019, 02:54 PM
Will do, thank you for all the help...
Your most welcome, contact me if you need further assistance, all the best hope you get it sorted, oh post a pic or 2 of your car, would love to see it. If you look on mine or Johnny's post you will find lots of wiring diagrams for the GT audio system it may help you ...

Old 05-20-2019, 03:02 PM
Your most welcome, contact me if you need further assistance, all the best hope you get it sorted, oh post a pic or 2 of your car, would love to see it. If you look on mine or Johnny's post you will find lots of wiring diagrams for the GT audio system it may help you ...
I will post, especially if I can get this situation figured out. I just sent him a message, hopefully he can help, you've been great, thanks for all the info and steering me in the right direction. I hate spending all that money on something I can't use.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Upgrading the stereo redux advice por favor