Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

2013 continental gt head unit lag

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2019, 04:42 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
I just got a 2014 Flying Spur and it has the delay. It says system starting. I have a 2008 Bentley GT Speed and it has never had that problem. How can I get the Flying Spur fixed? The closest dealer is a two hour drive from me. Sometime in the next year we will have a new Bentley dealer here in Jacksonville. Hopefully I don’t have to wait until they open.

Old 05-23-2019, 12:17 AM
Rico.Adams is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Gene G
I just got a 2014 Flying Spur and it has the delay. It says system starting. I have a 2008 Bentley GT Speed and it has never had that problem. How can I get the Flying Spur fixed? The closest dealer is a two hour drive from me. Sometime in the next year we will have a new Bentley dealer here in Jacksonville. Hopefully I don’t have to wait until they open.
Hello Gene G, you need to ring the Jacksonville dealer and ask if they will upload the latest software on to the old infotainment system, they properly won't but its worth asking ...

Old 05-23-2019, 08:01 AM
Engine is an unknown quantity at this point
Is it stuck on system starting? I suggest safely powering down the radio subsystem. This would involve powering off the car and then removing the fuse after a period of time. Don't just disconnect the battery as this will throw hundreds of non-specific fault codes (as i've seen when working on Bentley's) that will show up on the next diagnostic scan.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:38 PM
Gene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond reputeGene G has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Rico.Adams
Hello Gene G, you need to ring the Jacksonville dealer and ask if they will upload the latest software on to the old infotainment system, they properly won't but its worth asking ...
Awe supposed to get a Bentley dealer here in Jacksonville sometime this year. That is going to be nice because it is now over a two hour drive to the nearest dealer. Not a big deal as I do all of the maintenance on my cars.

Old 06-02-2019, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Engine
Is it stuck on system starting? I suggest safely powering down the radio subsystem. This would involve powering off the car and then removing the fuse after a period of time. Don't just disconnect the battery as this will throw hundreds of non-specific fault codes (as i've seen when working on Bentley's) that will show up on the next diagnostic scan.
It has to start the system every time you start the car. What fuse should I remove and where is it located?
Thanks for the help.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:25 AM
Engine is an unknown quantity at this point
It has to start the system every time you start the car. What fuse should I remove and where is it located?
Thanks for the help.
I wouldn't like to say which one from memory to be honest. Have a look in your fuse manual though