Gas cap and truck button on driver door not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2019, 05:06 AM
Hagop.oun is an unknown quantity at this point
Gas cap and truck button on driver door not working

Hi guys
2007 Bentley gtc
I scanned it and it says gas cap static error- short to ground.
i disconnected the panel cleared the code but it still comes back and does not work.
when I disconnect the plug and plug it back the gas cap pops without pressing on button.
any help?
much thx
jack

Old 05-29-2019, 07:29 AM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Try removing the switch panel and dismantle it it's only a few screws open it right up and check for any sign of water damage.mine played up when I think the window was left open and it rained a little.cleab it up with some acetone and a toothbrush and check circuit board for any burns etc.i ended up having to buy a new switch.but if your good with Google search for a VW pheaton door control switch it's exactly the same you just remove the circuit board and change the Bentley switches over and it works perfectly and I got one for £50 a fraction of the extortionate prices oeiple want for late Bentley gear.

Old 11-07-2019, 05:26 PM
Bobby Buggs is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks for looking out for us

Old 07-10-2020, 09:03 AM
Registered PM
fstick09 is on a distinguished road
Fixed my door switch

I was having the same issue as the original poster. I took my door switch out and started testing the traces. I was getting 12 vdc to pins 12 & 13 and at the vias shown in the picture (not mine, I grabbed this image off ebay), but when I flipped the board over, the 12 vdc was not coming though. I used my hack electrical skills and resoldered those points to get the 12 vdc to that side of the board and BINGO! I had a working trunk and fuel door again.

Thought I would share in case this is some kind of common defect with this board.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:09 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@JGib ,
Read this thread.

Great information @fstick09 !
Thanks for sharing

Johnny

Old 07-11-2020, 12:41 PM
Randy V is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by fstick09
I was having the same issue as the original poster. I took my door switch out and started testing the traces. I was getting 12 vdc to pins 12 & 13 and at the vias shown in the picture (not mine, I grabbed this image off ebay), but when I flipped the board over, the 12 vdc was not coming though. I used my hack electrical skills and resoldered those points to get the 12 vdc to that side of the board and BINGO! I had a working trunk and fuel door again.

Thought I would share in case this is some kind of common defect with this board.

Nice share sir!

Old 05-04-2023, 10:31 PM
jking702 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Try removing the switch panel and dismantle it it's only a few screws open it right up and check for any sign of water damage.mine played up when I think the window was left open and it rained a little.cleab it up with some acetone and a toothbrush and check circuit board for any burns etc.i ended up having to buy a new switch.but if your good with Google search for a VW pheaton door control switch it's exactly the same you just remove the circuit board and change the Bentley switches over and it works perfectly and I got one for £50 a fraction of the extortionate prices oeiple want for late Bentley gear.
do you have to solder anything or can you just switch the boards out ?

Old 06-22-2023, 06:58 AM
Bentleygt12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Door switch

Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Hi will the 2006 vw pheaton door switch work for Bentley 2012 model year ? Have same issue