Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Parking sensor and dolts, Rico and a new thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2019, 10:15 AM
Gone, But Not Forgotten.
British has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud ofBritish has much to be proud of
Parking sensor and dolts, Rico and a new thread

Just a whine for a moment, now that I'm spending a lot of time in my new car with a good radio: the Ben Hur conversion kept the parking sensors, which I like fine, but the audio system partially mutes whenever they go off. No big deal if I'm actually parking, but I have learned to hate dolts that pull up too close behind me at traffic lights. I'm sitting there, grooving to the ridiculously overpriced $7,000 stereo and some dolt pulls up behind me, too close and sets off the parking beeps. Music is muted, it starts beeping, so I pull forward six inches to keep the beeps off. Then Mr. Dolt pulls forward six inches and sets off the beeps. I pull forward, rinse and repeat. In my wife's Cadillac, reverse beeps only work if you're in reverse, now I know why, bumper-riding dolts have to invade my space.

Also, Rico, could you start a new thread for your speaker wiring thread? The current one is too long for my iPhone to read, for some reason, "go to first unread" doesn't work on that thread.

I'm still having the "tone", or "actuator noise" every time I press the gas, the exhaust valve has been replaced, so that isn't it. My wife asked yesterday, "Does your car always make that sound?" Yes, it does, but the radio covers it up. Still a mystery. It's not vacuum and it's not the exhaust flapper valve.