Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bgtc rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 12:22 PM
joc44 will become famous soon enoughjoc44 will become famous soon enough
@Yoghurtshotgun Do you have the cover number 4 as it looks like my arms go into it

Old 07-01-2019, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Ross tech "wiki":
Research Ross Tech vcds online. This is the best way to scan the ecu's in a Bentley. Without this tool while working extensively on the car especially disconnecting batteries total clearing of ECU stored trouble codes is important. This is a windows-based program that works with Ross Tech's data cable to the OBD port under the dash. this works beyond standard generic trouble codes.

Said cable cost me £300 a few years back

Old 07-01-2019, 01:00 PM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Ross tech "wiki":
Research Ross Tech vcds online. This is the best way to scan the ecu's in a Bentley. Without this tool while working extensively on the car especially disconnecting batteries total clearing of ECU stored trouble codes is important. This is a windows-based program that works with Ross Tech's data cable to the OBD port under the dash. This works beyond standard generic trouble codes.
Would you know where I can purchase one I've got a cheap diag but I need the vcds one really I was just unsure what one to get.

Old 07-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Sadly I do not have a manual also I'm not sure but I think my spoiler only goes to three positions I'll check again .shame we can't post videos here as I could show you

Old 07-01-2019, 01:12 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Simply log on to Ross Tech vcds. The best option is the enthusiast version. You will receive a cable from them. This version will allow licensing of three vehicles to the program. A computer running Windows 7 or newer is required. An Apple computer will not be compatible even with a virtual windows program.

Once you have the cable the program is downloaded off the Ross Tech website. They do not send a program just the cable. Therefore internet conductivity is necessary

There's a learning curve using the above tool. However this will greatly improve your navigation through Bentley

Old 07-01-2019, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by joc44
@Yoghurtshotgun Do you have the cover number 4 as it looks like my arms go into it
I've not got that cover but I don't think it's operational it just keeps the dirt off doesn't it

Old 07-01-2019, 01:14 PM
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Would you know where I can purchase one I've got a cheap diag but I need the vcds one really I was just unsure what one to get.
Call this guy Gendan at ross tech 01792588002 he will set you up with one

Old 07-01-2019, 01:24 PM
I've not got that cover but I don't think it's operational it just keeps the dirt off doesn't it
I'm sure you can understand i don't want to pull mine of just in case, but i think if you have a part missing then this is why its not working right ???

Old 07-01-2019, 01:32 PM
I'm sure you can understand i don't want to pull mine of just in case, but i think if you have a part missing then this is why its not working right ???
Yes totally understand thanks for the help I don't expect anyone to pull their car apart just to help me ha ha .a friend says he has a rosstech hexcan usb but it seemed very limited on what we can do on the Bentley he was saying that he needed the Bentley code? Does this make sense or is it that the lead is about 10 years old?

Old 07-01-2019, 01:38 PM
Yes totally understand thanks for the help I don't expect anyone to pull their car apart just to help me ha ha .a friend says he has a rosstech hexcan usb but it seemed very limited on what we can do on the Bentley he was saying that he needed the Bentley code? Does this make sense or is it that the lead is about 10 years old?
What part of the UK are you in, as i have the cable and laptop

Old 07-01-2019, 01:39 PM
What part of the UK are you in, as i have the cable and laptop
I'm in Plymouth probably a million miles away from you guys I expect

Old 07-01-2019, 01:42 PM
I'm in Plymouth probably a million miles away from you guys I expect
sorry 220 miles to far

Old 07-01-2019, 01:50 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
There have been revisions over the years. Also there's a shareware version which is limited. The current version referred to earlier will be an eye-opener. This is the setup other fellows on this forum have been using with success. The latest version is interactive with the modules allowing for adaptation or programming. There for a degree of computer literacy is necessary. The same stubbornness that is required for fixing these cars will lead to learning how to use the program.🤔😉

Old 07-01-2019, 02:06 PM
sorry 220 miles to far
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ental_GTC_(3W4)
A guy is selling a VW/Audi garage computer with the above programme with unlimited vins on it.lookinh at the list of things it covers what are the certain things blued out? Are these things that it won't read?

Old 07-01-2019, 02:27 PM
Call this guy Gendan at ross tech 01792588002 he will set you up with one
This guy is in the UK (Cardiff),go for the 3 vin one its less money but will do the job.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bgtc rear spoiler