Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bgtc rear spoiler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 02:37 PM
Yoghurtshotgun will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by joc44
This guy is in the UK (Cardiff),go for the 3 vin one its less money but will do the job.
Thanks jo

Old 07-02-2019, 08:05 PM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Did you ever get this figured out? As 1eapplebaum stated, it looks like your missing a vital piece to your airfoil. In this picture, yours is on the top, mines on the bottom.

Old 07-28-2019, 06:10 AM
Ok playing with this spoiler I can get it to go up through the positions then it returns back the rest position closed.not having had one before I'm unsure if what these things do.but now if I drive away spoiler pops up returns to close and the light on the dash comes on is this correct??

Old 07-28-2019, 07:26 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
It will be a broken wire usually in the LHS conduit ( as you stand at the back looking in the boot / trunk ) .
The ECU module misses a signal and when you ,or if fast enough causes it to activate the thing pops up then defaults closed / down and the light comes on , telling you there’s a problem.

A scan normally tells the tech which wires “ open “ repair is reconnect it .

I guess it’s possible to investigate without a scan and try and eyeball the wires in the LHS umbilical.

Old 07-28-2019, 07:42 AM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Yoghurtshotgun
Hi guys when I got the car the spoiler never worked at all so I stripped the motor out of the mechanism to find the brushes had gone I cross referenced the motor and replaced with a BMW sunroof motor and it now operates through the three stages and returns to the park position but after cycling through the stages the light comes on on the dashboard and then will not work again until I turn the ignition off and on again and it will then cycle through the three stages.ive looked at the old motor and there are no electronics to support any height control it's purely a motor,any ideas why this is happening ? Is there an installation process to follow etc thanks
I can’t be sure but these short movement one direction for up and the reverse for lowering work by coming to a stop while running .
Then as the movement stops the resistance / temperature increases because current is still flowing .
A module in the ECU or control module sensors this and switches off the current .

So may be the BMW sunroof motor is not quite the same internally and the control module can’t tell when to cut the power so it ( too clever ) defaults to lowering the spoiler and throwing a light on the dash .

That might explain why the control arms under the spoiler on the pics have ripped / popped off ?? I

Obviously as said above check the umbilical wires for a open circuit .

Old 07-28-2019, 08:43 AM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by John Fiammetta
I can’t be sure but these short movement one direction for up and the reverse for lowering work by coming to a stop while running .
Then as the movement stops the resistance / temperature increases because current is still flowing .
A module in the ECU or control module sensors this and switches off the current .

So may be the BMW sunroof motor is not quite the same internally and the control module can’t tell when to cut the power so it ( too clever ) defaults to lowering the spoiler and throwing a light on the dash .

That might explain why the control arms under the spoiler on the pics have ripped / popped off ?? I

Obviously as said above check the umbilical wires for a open circuit .
I think that's a very good theory.

A similar dilemma is the Audi dust cover for the shift lever. It fits and is much cheaper than the Bentley part. However the placement of the magnets are slightly different. The result is the Tiptronic manual shift lever does not function properly. This took a while to figure out.

Old 07-28-2019, 02:10 PM
Ok on inspection the motor is exactly the same as one used for the Bentley Samer serial etc do that our if the question I'll go through what it does .if I sit in car ignition on no start,I press up and is raises in three stages then returns to rest closed and illuminates dash light.if I start car and drive it pops up one stage then returns to rest and illuminates light and won't work with buttons .
I will check wiring tomorrow I'm determined to sort this

Old 08-13-2019, 03:36 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
Read through this attachd old post there's information on the airfoil.Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread - Page 4 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-thread-4.html

Bentley Continental GT/GTC/Flying Spur DIY Thread - Page 4 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-thread-4.html