Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Wiring diagram for 2008 Bentley Gt dash clock

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 09:04 PM
Justink is an unknown quantity at this point
Wiring diagram for 2008 Bentley Gt dash clock

Hey guys!

I’m doing a bit of an odd project, my dad is a huge Bentley fan, but it’s not in the cards for him to own one (yet). For his Bday I got a dash clock out of a 2008 Bentley GT and want to use it as a desk clock for him. I have the connector pigtail in the back but I can’t figure out is what each of the 5 wires coming out the back are for. I don’t want to blow the clock by hooking something up wrong, but I’m basically trying to power it (and maybe illuminate it) with just a battery power source.

if anyone has an any insight into the exact purpose of each wire, or even a recommendation in how to get it powered I would greatly appreciate it. I know originally it was all connected to the steering controls / Guage cluster. It’s a weird request but any help is appreciated!

Old 08-28-2020, 06:54 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Justink ,
See link, although @Asamlet never responded with the outcome, as @Dark Green states there are 4 wires, here is the diagram.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=422682

Johnny

Old 08-28-2020, 09:27 AM
Thanks to the responses guys! Quick question. Is there a way to just power it up without needed the CAN? I’m assuming once i power it, it either starts where is it set at when it was off or resets to 12. So would just powering it at the right time and leaving it be enough?

Old 08-29-2020, 12:39 AM
Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Justink
Thanks to the responses guys! Quick question. Is there a way to just power it up without needed the CAN? I’m assuming once i power it, it either starts where is it set at when it was off or resets to 12. So would just powering it at the right time and leaving it be enough?
Why don't you just power it up, find out, then report back...?

Old 09-06-2020, 09:41 PM
I’m having a hard time getting the clock to work hooking it up. I tried a 12v and 5v with no luck. I’m wondering if there is a chance I fried it while I was trying because I got it to reset once but now it won’t do anything.....kinda odd. But I also don’t know what I am doing.

Old 09-07-2020, 12:55 AM
Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !Dark Green Is a GOD !
According to this thread from a chap wanting to install a Breitling clock in a Golf https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/for...gti-63647.html his experience was that the clock operates from the moment 12V power is applied. Sadly that suggests that you may indeed have fried it.

The thread is also very short which implies that the OP didn't want to get involved in trying to hack the CAN Bus to achieve the necessary clock functionality.

Old 09-12-2020, 06:14 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Justink
I’m having a hard time getting the clock to work hooking it up. I tried a 12v and 5v with no luck. I’m wondering if there is a chance I fried it while I was trying because I got it to reset once but now it won’t do anything.....kinda odd. But I also don’t know what I am doing.
@Justink ,
If you got it to reset once, meaning reset to 12:00, then did you leave the power on to see if it went to say 12:10, I ask because if it reset to 12 and then you removed power and reapplied power it is already at 12, and therefore will not move, I believe.

Johnny

Old 05-10-2021, 02:10 PM
Enrique_Meneses is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello @Justink ,
See link, although @Asamlet never responded with the outcome, as @Dark Green states there are 4 wires, here is the diagram.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...d.php?t=422682

Johnny
Hello Johny,

Your answer is very interesting, i'm about to buy this clock on the internet however the item does not indicates which is lead 1 nor lead 4, can you please advise the way to identify the tags, on another side, the item has 6 leads, I believe 2 for power, and 4 for can comm.

Saludos
Enrique

Old 05-10-2021, 02:52 PM
Originally Posted by Enrique_Meneses
Hello Johny,

Your answer is very interesting, i'm about to buy this clock on the internet however the item does not indicates which is lead 1 nor lead 4, can you please advise the way to identify the tags, on another side, the item has 6 leads, I believe 2 for power, and 4 for can comm.

Saludos
Enrique
This advertisement https://www.ebay.com/itm/Flat-Contac...-/232763794745 shows a picture of the connector shell with the pin numbers visible in image 1 when you hover the cursor to zoom.
CAN Bus is a two wire connection, which is why two of the connector's pins (5 and 6) are unused.

Old 05-10-2021, 03:18 PM
Enrique_Meneses is an unknown quantity at this point
Thx a lot Johnny,

you have just gave me the kickoff to go on with this personal project, allow me to give you more of my thoughts, I have a Reanult twizy my original purpose was using the CAN hour control point from the Twizy network, and something happened, there is no hour point in the network. From this I will use an arduino Can shield to program the code necessary to create the hour control point. And voila you just gave the hint I was looking for, let you know on the results some months from now.

Thanks again
Enrique

Old 05-11-2021, 01:17 AM
Thx a lot Johnny,

you have just gave me the kickoff to go on with this personal project, allow me to give you more of my thoughts, I have a Reanult twizy my original purpose was using the CAN hour control point from the Twizy network, and something happened, there is no hour point in the network. From this I will use an arduino Can shield to program the code necessary to create the hour control point. And voila you just gave the hint I was looking for, let you know on the results some months from now.

Thanks again
Enrique
Good luck with your project.

I’ve just completed a small project using an Arduino Uno to drive the tacho in a ‘65 Mustang which has had a modern 5.0 Coyote V8 fitted.

The Ford Controls Pack for the after-market use of the Coyote engine unfortunately does not produce a pulse output to drive a traditional tacho, but does provide a CAN-Bus connection.

Consequently I used a Uno with a CAN Shield to interrogate the ECU and retrieve engine speed, then control the frequency of one of the PWM outputs in order to create the pulse stream.

It was a really good introduction to some of the inner workings of the Atmel chip, and this book was a real help:
Amazon Amazon

Old 05-13-2021, 03:23 PM
Cirruspilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley Wiring Diagram

Johnny,
I have a 2014 Bentley Continental Flying Spur and need a wiring diagram for the instrument panel. The batteries died and i installed new batteries and now its not starting and the instrument panel is not going on. I've checked all the fuses and fusible links that I can see to no avail.

Please help.
Edmond

Old 05-14-2021, 06:19 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Thx a lot Johnny,

Thanks again
Enrique
You might find the clock isnt actually a real Breitling but made under licence by Bentley.
Personally , I would use the Breitling face and hands etc but fit them to a good make battery quartz mechanism.
In fact I wouldnt be supprised if the clock mechanism isnt standard vw Audi

Old 05-14-2021, 10:21 AM
CatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud ofCatmanV2 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Frank ( Sunnyside )
You might find the clock isnt actually a real Breitling but made under licence by Bentley.
Personally , I would use the Breitling face and hands etc but fit them to a good make battery quartz mechanism.
In fact I wouldnt be supprised if the clock mechanism isnt standard vw Audi
Pretty sure that Breitling would take issue but you could well be right. It's hardly their normal focus and skill set.

Still looking for a wristwatch to add to my collection

C

Old 05-14-2021, 11:19 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Some thing dosnt ring true with these Brietling dash clocks. There going for about 50 to 100 ukbp on ebay. On the back has made in Germany. TBH it really does look like Breitling facia and german can bus controlled internals mass produced and mated to whatever dial is required.
​​​​​ Would Breitling design and produce can bus controlled internals?
I dont think if one was opened up a facia clock you would find any superlative clock mechanism. However I am just guessing based on how the rest of the car is built which in honesty feels like the Germans having a laugh at our expense. There is quite a lot of tech on my 08 speed which should and probably could have been found on a late 1990 Audi VW car.
However your project would look nice with a good AAA battery quartz mechanism and very east to set the time.

Last edited by Johnny Hotspur GT; 05-15-2021 at 10:28 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Wiring diagram for 2008 Bentley Gt dash clock