Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

ru55gb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2021, 06:08 AM
ru55gb is an unknown quantity at this point
ru55gb

A Happy and Healthy New year to you all

After a lifetime's ownership of 22 Big Mercs, starting in 1969 whilst working in Germany with a SL600 and finishing last year with an AMG CLS 63.

For my retirement present I bought a 2008 V12 FWD Bentley Continental Flying Spur on the 09/01/2019

The car has a full Bentley service history, one owner and was a steal on price. To say I'm delighted is an understatement, the ride is to be enjoyed and on arriving home after a 4 hour drive it's like getting out of an armchair (as I live in England a 4 hour drive equates to a 189 mile round trip) we are a bit cramped on this island!!

I am very OCD about everything working 100% yesterday the bulb blew in the driver's side rear view mirror, it's the courtesy light that's activated when the door is opened.

I popped the clear plastic cover and removed the bulb, fitted a new one but nothing, checked and there is no current to that bulb holder, all the indicator lights are working.

I'm having trouble locating the relevant fuse as the manual does not seem to cover the outside courtesy light.

Anybody have any ideas please because at 75 years old I'm not any good at being scrunched up in the footwell looking for fuses to pull, if indeed the fuse is located under the drivers knee roll.

Many thanks

Russ

Old 01-08-2021, 11:19 AM
LarrysFlyingSpur is an unknown quantity at this point
it's a mystery. i've checked the documentation on my 07 spur, no mention of courtesy lights (that i could find anyhow), they seemed to be rolled into the turn signals or maybe the door control module, a 20A fuse in position 2. Does your door power soft close work on that door ?

thanks, Larry

Last edited by LarrysFlyingSpur; 01-08-2021 at 04:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-08-2021, 04:30 PM
John Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond reputeJohn Fiammetta has a reputation beyond repute
Wire in the door jam unbiblical has fractured.

Old 01-09-2021, 10:12 AM
ru55gb is an unknown quantity at this point
ru55gb Russell

Thank you both for your efforts on my behalf.
I took the car to a Bentley service center on Tuesday 05/01/2021 for it's annual MOT (Ministry of Transport Test) and they plugged it in and found a fault with fuse No 27 that protects the Driver instrument panel Electric parking brake Diagnostic socket (Pin 16)

They told me that it had in the past overheated at some time and was weak and finally let go.
Changed the fuse and all good, and the car passed the test and the bonus was that I was not charged for the fault finding or the fuse.

Many thanks once again and happy motoring
PS
Oh and it is located under the drivers side knee roll.