Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

P2279 & p0160

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 10:26 AM
Zaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond repute
P2279 & p0160

My car keeps on throwing errors and cannot figure them out. It drives fine, but generates:

I did vacuum check the primary/2ndary air systems, checked the O2 sensors, but nothing stands out. The only thing I can find is that the 3rd reading in group 78 (Air Mass from Sec. Air inj. Bank 4) Engine II is blank, whereas for all other it reads 0.0.%. Don't think it is normal & have no thoughts where to look?

Old 09-06-2021, 01:54 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zaos
My car keeps on throwing errors
What comes to mind [p2279] regarding "other" vacuum leaks are the two PCV vacuum lines that connect to the intake manifold under the air cleaner box. The tubing inside the insulation becomes brittle and cracks.

Worth investigating since they were disconnected during engine out.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:09 PM
Zaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond reputeZaos has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1eapplebaum
What comes to mind [p2279] regarding "other" vacuum leaks are the two PCV vacuum lines that connect to the intake manifold under the air cleaner box. The tubing inside the insulation becomes brittle and cracks.

Worth investigating since they were disconnected during engine out.
Dude!
You are soo right. started to look for PCV & such instead. behold what I found!!!! One of the non return valves was snapped off.

Soo easy and makes sense from the errors. Still surprised on the vacuum test, but most likely solves the problem. Ill order another one today
Was going down rabbit holes, which were way too deep lol.....

You Rock!!
thx for taking my head out of my butt.

Last edited by Zaos; 09-07-2021 at 05:35 AM.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:36 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Zaos
Dude!
You are soo right. Took a quick look at the PCV valves & behold what I found!!!! One of them snapped off.
Great!!

The bank 2 post catalytic oxygen sensor [re: p0160] might perk up with the vacuum fix?

Again also double check that this O2 sensor is properly plugged in under the driver's side windshield cowl.

Old 09-09-2021, 06:24 AM
Meh,
That wasn't it. Errors cropped up again

Cheers,
~ZaOs~

Old 03-14-2023, 11:05 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @Zaos ,
What was the outcome of your P2279 fault code ?

@2007Conti

Johnny

Old 04-10-2023, 12:35 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Any update as to this issue @Zaos ?

Johnny