Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Bentley Gt and flying spur class action lawsuit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 05:38 PM
Golf Addict is an unknown quantity at this point
Bentley Gt and flying spur class action lawsuit

The Bentley GT and flying spur 2003-2012 are known for the nightmare vacuum leaks due to poor design and the use of plastic lines in an engine compartment that gets extremely hot. VW/Bentley motors have avoided liability for years and owners have been stuck with an engine out repair that cost thousands of dollars. If you speak to any indy shop they will tell you that your vacuum lines will eventually fail leaving you with a bill anyway from $3800-$6000. I will be filing a class action lawsuit against VW/Bentley motors in relation to this issue. Do not conclude because of age a settlement would not occur. Learn from the Jaguar/ Land Rover timing chain issue. If you make a bad car you should address the issue. These vehicles new cost as much as some homes. It is time to hold VW/ Bentley motors accountable and the time is now. I will keep this forum posted on all updates

Old 08-05-2022, 06:54 PM
TheManWithThe7 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Samhain
LOL - OK Don Quixote.

BTW - you may want to check your facts. Many of them are wrong.
if what he is saying is indeed correct then Bentley should pay for the inconvenience. Some ppl don’t like to just bend over and take it up the ***.

I filed a lemon law suit against Maserati for a fault in one of their cars and had them settle the case with me for a good chunk of change.

Dont ever settle for anything less than what you pay for or what you deserve.

Old 08-06-2022, 08:24 AM
Sounds like some misguided baloney from an ambulance chaser to me.
I’m a physician actually. I just expect ppl to do the right thing. Car has a known issue? Recall. Fix it. On their dime. Not mine. If you can’t fix it, pay me for the inconvenience.

Old 08-06-2022, 09:48 AM
355spider is on a distinguished road
Bravo. Let us know when we can join.

Old 08-07-2022, 12:19 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Are you the original owner? If not you have no cause of action against the manufacturer, even if the case is otherwise meritorious (which it isn't).
Is that fact? Because I would wonder why they would send recall notification out to whomever own the car at that time?

Old 08-07-2022, 12:20 AM
TeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud ofTeamJones1962 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Golf Addict
The Bentley GT and flying spur 2003-2012 are known for the nightmare vacuum leaks due to poor design and the use of plastic lines in an engine compartment that gets extremely hot. VW/Bentley motors have avoided liability for years and owners have been stuck with an engine out repair that cost thousands of dollars. If you speak to any indy shop they will tell you that your vacuum lines will eventually fail leaving you with a bill anyway from $3800-$6000. I will be filing a class action lawsuit against VW/Bentley motors in relation to this issue. Do not conclude because of age a settlement would not occur. Learn from the Jaguar/ Land Rover timing chain issue. If you make a bad car you should address the issue. These vehicles new cost as much as some homes. It is time to hold VW/ Bentley motors accountable and the time is now. I will keep this forum posted on all updates
Throw the headliner in there too 😂

Old 08-10-2022, 02:39 PM
jumpman23 is an unknown quantity at this point
Suuure

Old 08-15-2022, 02:52 AM
Jinxgj is an unknown quantity at this point
Nothing ventured, nothing gained - go for it.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:00 AM
Jinxgj is an unknown quantity at this point
Sure! Why not? Sue somebody - you might get some money.
FWIW i don't have a dog in the race....if the law suit was successful in the USA i doubt it would be enforceable here in the UK - so i will not gain from it. In my own situation, i have the tools, knowledge and experience to do this work myself, so it will cost me very little other than time to fix it. That doesn't mean i cannot support the course of action the OP pursues, because i agree with him that Bentley have a case to answer here. I do, however, think that the chances of being successful are very slim. But if you don't try, you will never know.

Old 08-15-2022, 06:41 AM
DesotoJohn is an unknown quantity at this point
Good luck!

After experiencing two BMW engine failures (95'-nikasil cylinder coating & 02'-crossover coolant pipe), I realize the manufacturers have the upper hand. BMW took responsibility for the nikasil issue, but not the coolant pipe. My biggest gripe with Bentley is the delaminating side windows! The cheapest (new) glass is ~$5k, without installation. It is a fairly common failure, so I doubt it is owner abuse. Good luck!

Old 09-06-2022, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Golf Addict
LOL - OK Don Quixote.

BTW - you may want to check your facts. Many of them are wrong.
How am I wrong? I have a response from a service manager who said it was a known problem and they are seeing failures still in 2017

Old 09-06-2022, 04:08 PM
Federally mandated safety recalls are different than consumer lawsuits against a manufacturer.

And it's ridiculous to think you can sue a car company because a component in the vehicle doesn't last the life of the vehicle.
So the guy that sued Landover was ridiculous? Land Rover warranty is 4 / 50K and his claim was that a timing chain should not fail at 60,000 miles they should last up to 200K. Bentley approved a poor design, instead of using silicone or metal hoses they used plastic that crack which results in a drive train out. They all suffer failure. A car that costs $160K plus new requires an engine out to change a $500 part is not Bentleys fault? We can conclude it is because the car is old. How many cars do you know the entire drive train needs removal? By the way if the vacuum line mounted to the transmission was to completely snap off, the car will stall immediately.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:27 AM
I have some light bulbs in my house that failed after 15 years - should I sue them too?
I am convinced your father owns Bentley.

Old 09-07-2022, 01:11 PM
No, I'm a trial lawyer who hates grifter lawyers. You think the guy that made this post gives two hoots about your car? No, it's just some baloney he came up with so he can get you excited about the prospect of free money, sign a bunch of people up as clients, and extort money from a company.
YOU could not be a trial lawyer with remarks like this. Do you believe that the corrupt VW group, the diesel emissions scoundrels should not be held accountable for a manufacturing nightmare? When every dealer could make the remark it is a known problem. When indie shops refuse to use the vacuum pipe kit again because of disastrous design. Bentley will answer for this and who cares about your opinions. You rather will defend the scum of the earth to stroke your ego. Get a life

Old 09-07-2022, 01:13 PM
So don't buy their product, sport. Trying to squeeze money out of a company to line some lawyer's pockets on a 15+ year old product is disgusting.
I will buy whatever I want. I would be delighted to see them held accountable. You have no problem enriching them good for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bentley Gt and flying spur class action lawsuit