Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Air Suspension Randomly dropping

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 09:01 PM
DR3ADKN0T is infamous around these parts
Air Suspension Randomly dropping

So I decided to take my 06 GT out today for a 3 hour drive to Michigan. I put winter tires on her so I figured why not see how she does in some snow. Everything was smooth until I pull off the highway in Michigan and there is a good bit more snow on the ground, nothing excessive but you cant see the road. I am pulling into the parking lot of a restaurant and my front suspension drops. I get the car parked and eventually they refill and I can drive again but after going 200 ft over a bump they dropped again. After some trial and error, I realized if I can get a smooth enough start and get over 25 MPH everything seemed fine. Even over bumps at highway speeds with no issues. I can also raise and lower the height of the suspension. I decide to get food about 90 mins later and it happens again. I was able to get it back up and on the highway but at this point. I was worried being stopped in traffic might cause it to drop, thankfully they never did. Only seems to happen when I drive slowly over rough spots or over a speed bump

Not sure if snow or the cold is messing with a sensor or if there is an issue with the air pump not being able to keep up or perhaps needing more power than the car provides and low RPM. The back suspension had no issues and the front struts were both just replaced 6 months ago and no other issues since. I am really hoping this isn't some with the cold because I really wanted the ability to drive her all year round if I wanted

Thanks all

Last edited by DR3ADKN0T; 12-26-2022 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-28-2022, 03:59 AM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @DR3ADKN0T ,
Please tell us which brand and model you used to replace the front strut assemblies, if you have the are-not's, I would be checking under the hood at the top of the strut for leaks, pull the rubber boots off and spray each strut, I would also spray the air supply line at each strut, and spray the bottom of each strut.

Also, I would check that both front level rods are securely connected.

Johnny

Old 01-21-2023, 01:40 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
@DR3ADKN0T ,
Please update us on this matter.

Thank you.

Johnny

Old 03-06-2023, 10:09 AM
Shaqovic is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
Hello @DR3ADKN0T ,
Please tell us which brand and model you used to replace the front strut assemblies, if you have the are-not's, I would be checking under the hood at the top of the strut for leaks, pull the rubber boots off and spray each strut, I would also spray the air supply line at each strut, and spray the bottom of each strut.

Also, I would check that both front level rods are securely connected.

Johnny

I found driver side is leaking as in picture, shall I remove the entire suspension to fix it or just unscrew the small screw and apply Teflon to it and put it back, any ideas please

Old 03-13-2023, 10:48 AM
Shaqovic is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Shaqovic
I found driver side is leaking as in picture, shall I remove the entire suspension to fix it or just unscrew the small screw and apply Teflon to it and put it back, any ideas please
@Johnny Hotspur GT

is the Audi part 4E0616040 compatible with Bentley GT