Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Are my Bentayga brake rotors scored? *photos*

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 12:44 PM
981WC is on a distinguished road
Are my Bentayga brake rotors scored? *photos*

Just bought this 2018 Bentayga. No issues with braking, doesn't vibrate or pull or anything like that. But upon inspecting the front brake rotors, they definitely don't look perfect. Can anyone who has a better eye for this than me give me their opinion? I'm going to have the brake pads replaced all around since I don't think the car has ever had a brake pad replacement and it's at 12,000 miles and I drive aggressively so figure I might as well replace the pads now rather than need to in a few thousand miles anyway. But should I also be replacing these front rotors at the same time? That would be another $1,500 and not exactly money I want to spend, but if it needs it, it needs it.

FRONT: https://i.ibb.co/Yk4XdwJ/Screen-Shot...2-38-39-PM.png

REAR: https://i.ibb.co/MsBhxLR/Screen-Shot...2-39-59-PM.png

Old 04-18-2023, 03:03 PM
1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of1eapplebaum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 981WC
Just bought this 2018 Bentayga. No issues with braking, doesn't vibrate or pull or anything like that. But upon inspecting the front brake rotors, they definitely don't look perfect. Can anyone who has a better eye for this than me give me their opinion?

FRONT: https://i.ibb.co/Yk4XdwJ/Screen-Shot...2-38-39-PM.png

REAR: https://i.ibb.co/MsBhxLR/Screen-Shot...2-39-59-PM.png

Congratulations on the new 2U BB. The rotors are fine. New pads and you are good to go.

Old 04-18-2023, 10:08 PM
BruceR is on a distinguished road
Look fine to me. Have the pads inspected but they should still be looking pretty good... and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Old 04-19-2023, 06:23 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Totally agree with both comments above.
If the brakes are working with no adverse noises or grinding and the car stops straight with no pulling to one side of the road or the other then don't worry. Probably had a bit of grit stuck in there and scored the disc.

Old 04-19-2023, 06:30 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
On closer inspection of your photos I would suggest the car might have stood for a while perhaps near the coast. They look they might have been a bit rusty and the action of driving it has cleaned up most of the disc face. You can still see remnants of the rust in the disc face that still haven't yet been buffed out.

Old 04-20-2023, 11:44 PM
981WC is on a distinguished road
Thanks everyone! I appreciate the advice! I’ll get new pads installed, do a bed-in procedure, then see how my rotors are looking.

Old 04-27-2023, 02:34 AM
Jinxgj is an unknown quantity at this point
Rotors are fine, nothing to worry about there at all