Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

Brakes on Bentayga -Dealer funny business!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2024, 02:53 PM
Administrator
Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !Johnny Hotspur GT Is a GOD !
Hello @BruceR ,
I agree with the total "bs" of the dealership, I am going through the exact same issue with a dealership of a different brand (Honda), I went with my sister to inspect and test drive a CPO pilot Elite she wanted, the brake pedal felt just a little soft to me, but all looked clean from what I could see in the parking lot, the dealership wouldn't let me put it on their lift, but instead the salesman insisted numerous times that all pads and rotors were replaced for CPO, he wrote this down, but at time of delivery some hours later, the paperwork was missing, their excuse was that we paid cash in full, therefore all normal paperwork of financing and numerous documents were not necessary, I called bs, they assured us with warranty paperwork that all was covered, we waited hours, then days, which came to be a month before we received the full service history from this dealership, as this was a one owner always serviced at this dealership, so, after returning to the dealership 4 days or so after delivery because of brake squeal and some grinding sound from the rear brakes in reverse only, the dealership comes back with a report the the pads and rotors all all at "50%", I was visibly turning red, the management of sales along with the service manager now claimed that the salesmen is not a mechanic, really, his word doesn't matter, so I said, wait a minute, your CPO statement says that if the brakes are "50% or lower" the items must be replaced, they took the vehicle back into the shop, and now magically the pads and rotors each grew 1 to 3 mm, amazing, turns out, the parking brake shoes are inside the rear disc brake rotor hats, and they have never been replaced, nor have any of the brake components, this dealership is now refusing to even service the parking brake, time to contact Honda corporate, as all this dealership did prior to sale for the CPO, was an oil change and wiper blades..

Sorry for the rant.

At just under 20k, you shouldn't need pads already, jmo.

Johnny

Old 05-11-2024, 03:05 PM
BruceR is infamous around these parts
Thanks Johnny, I'm anxious to see what my indy says nd I'll report back. Car dealers are thieves!

Old 05-17-2024, 12:27 PM
Randy V is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Johnny Hotspur GT
As to you warning not appearing in the instrument cluster, we should look at the wiring, and I will also look to determine if the front pads work by open circuit or closed circuit, if the circuit is always open, and needs to ride the rotor to close, that could be an issue, I just learned on my new to me Range Rover L405 Autobiography LWB, that it only has one sensor on the drivers front, and one on the passenger rear, and the front is normally open, whereas the rear is normally closed, I now have a brake pad warning, eventhough supposedly all rotors and pads were replaced at the Land Rover dealership 6k miles prior to my purchase, time for me to pull all wheels and inspect, hopefully, it's just that the dealership failed to install new sensors, as they are seperate from the pads in the RR.
My tech indicates there is only one sensor on one wheel. They never work as designed.