Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

My car... Pics, Vids, and Dyno

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 03:57 AM
Ptwiggens is on a distinguished road
My car... Pics, Vids, and Dyno

Hey guys... I wanted to introduce my car. Here are some pics, vids, and the dyno. I also posted this on continental forums but there aren't alot of people on there so I figure I should join here too since this seems to be the only other place around for Bentley's.

Engine Bay

ECU 1

ECU 2

Car on Dyno

More Engine Bay

Here is a general video of the car that I made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLTN1WKnFD4

And here are vids of the Dyno:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POg_R_o1JWI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71VGE1aDFwY

The car made 524WHP... thats stock with no software or modifications. (That's soon to change.) This means that our cars are at least somewhat underrated assuming that the dynojet gives slightly higher results than are accurate.

Last edited by Ptwiggens; 07-13-2007 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-13-2007, 04:47 AM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
Welcome and congrats to that car. Have seen the car also at http://www.continentalforums.com it is a very nice new forum. Do you plan more mods at the car? The int. looks great. Is it a 06 model?

Old 07-13-2007, 05:01 AM
ConceptualMind is on a distinguished road
Beautiful Bentley. Welcome to the forum!

Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the kind words! It is an '06 and is completely bone stock as of yet. I am planning on adding some kind of software in the very near future as well as an exhaust. Hard to track down stuff to buy for this car.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:41 AM
BusyLivin has a little shameless behaviour in the past
PT: this is feeesh from audizine. tell 'em about the race with the A4!

Old 07-13-2007, 06:57 PM
swedish technik is on a distinguished road
Car looks great! It's hard for me to tell from the pics but is the car green or just dark gray?

Old 07-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Originally Posted by swedish technik
Car looks great! It's hard for me to tell from the pics but is the car green or just dark gray?
Yeah it's Cypress Green.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:31 AM
Ernie57 is on a distinguished road
Are you saying that the dyno numbers came out 524 (rear wheel horse power RWHP) or is that the gross number at the flywheel?

Because if that is the net at the wheels thats a great number considering that the factory states 552 at the flywheel. It's interesting considering that my last vehicle was an 05' Dodge Ram Quad Cab SRT 10 with the 8.3 litre V-10 Viper engine. The factory listed it as 500 HP at the flywheel. I had it dyno'd before and after I had it supercharged. It posted 384 RWHP before and an *** thumping 643 RWHP after the mods. The installer said that one could count on anywhere from 18%-25% difference in HP from the flywheel to the tires.

As you stated, the factory may be underating the true HP maybe so as not loose the distinction of a true luxury sedan/coupe compared to a hot rod.

I'm booking my 05' CGT next month for the chip upgrade. They said that they would do a full dyno test before and after. I'll be interested to see the numbers.

Ernie....

Old 07-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Cedric will become famous soon enough

Welcome to 6speed.
Back here looks so comfy with the rear console and all. Why drive it? Just hire a chauffeur, sit back here and enjoy the ride

Old 07-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by Ernie57
Are you saying that the dyno numbers came out 524 (rear wheel horse power RWHP) or is that the gross number at the flywheel?

Because if that is the net at the wheels thats a great number considering that the factory states 552 at the flywheel. It's interesting considering that my last vehicle was an 05' Dodge Ram Quad Cab SRT 10 with the 8.3 litre V-10 Viper engine. The factory listed it as 500 HP at the flywheel. I had it dyno'd before and after I had it supercharged. It posted 384 RWHP before and an *** thumping 643 RWHP after the mods. The installer said that one could count on anywhere from 18%-25% difference in HP from the flywheel to the tires.

As you stated, the factory may be underating the true HP maybe so as not loose the distinction of a true luxury sedan/coupe compared to a hot rod.

I'm booking my 05' CGT next month for the chip upgrade. They said that they would do a full dyno test before and after. I'll be interested to see the numbers.

Ernie....
The Flying Spur is All Wheel Drive... thus it is actually 524 All Wheel Horsepower. The fact that it's an automatic AND all wheel drive (making the drivetrain loss like 25% or slightly more) means that it is most definitely underrated from the factory by a ton. PM me about the chip upgrade.

Also, why don't I hire a chauffeur? It's so goddamned fun to drive!! :-)

All the owners here should get onto continental forums.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
beautiful ride, that would be one of the healthiest numbers that i have heard to date, 524 at all the wheels?, do you mind posting the actual dynosheet as that sounds off base as to what other cars are making

Last edited by DrivenAgain; 07-15-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Old 07-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Oops... my memory is getting the best of me... 505 at the wheels. Regardless here is the dyno. Still underrated by alot even with only 505.

Old 07-16-2007, 05:12 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
wow, im impressed....id be curious to know what kind or TQ it makes at the wheels but looks like u didnt get a tach reading, please keep us abreast of your mods, very cool

Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 PM
DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !DNugget991GT3 Is a GOD !
505 @ the wheels w/ a 25% drivetrain loss is absolutely amazing
did you buy the car brand new ?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Steve K MMC
505 @ the wheels w/ a 25% drivetrain loss is absolutely amazing
did you buy the car brand new ?
Yeah, this car was actually the first custom car (as in the color combination was chosen by the customer) in the US.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car... Pics, Vids, and Dyno