BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M3 for my daughter - any help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 08:46 AM
lax01 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
No prob. I never mind someone being concerned for the safety of my children. I think about it night and day, and still make mistakes. I don't think this is one, but obviously I can't know that for sure.
I just come from an area where parents recklessly bought cars for their kids as soon as they turned 16 without a second thought (and we're not talking 85 Volvo beaters, I mean brand new BMW, Benzs and other assorted high-priced luxury cars) and plenty of them wrapped them around a tree. I had to buy my first car so you better believe that I didn't want to total it. Now that I bought my M, that goes double...

Old 10-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
I don't have much to offer other than, Russ, you never told me you had an 18yr old daughter?

There was probably a distinct reason for that too.

Old 10-15-2007, 09:15 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Vicious
I don't have much to offer other than, Russ, you never told me you had an 18yr old daughter?

There was probably a distinct reason for that too.
Ya think?

Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
That's very cool Russ, i would have killed for an M3 when i was 18!

I'd say go for it but not with a grey interior...that's just me but i really dislike the BMW and even Porsche interiors that are grey. Red / tan are lovely...

Best of luck finding her a car, hope she'll have somewhere safe to park it if she's going to be going to college in the future!

Josh.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:01 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Ya think?
Wait, are you saying you don't trust me around your daughter? I'm hurt man, seriously hurt.

But really, an ex g/f of mine had an E46 M3 vert when we were 20/21 and it was a great little car. Hers was a real 6 spd, which IMO is the way to go.

I wouldn't give a 2nd thought to giving an 18yr old a car like that. Get over the HP number, it doesn't make much power till you're way up in the rpm range, and even then it's an EXTREMELY easy car to drive.

Don't know how heart set you are on the M, but it would be worth looking into the TT V6 S4. Being awd it's a killer auto-x machine and a great all year driver if she ends up going to school somewhere with bad winters.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:13 AM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is on a distinguished road
i would get a 2003.5 or newer.

i would get her a convertible.

i would get smg for an 18 year old.

i would get the borla exhaust with the midpipe.

now pics or ban!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:37 AM
dvdoughboy will become famous soon enough
Russ

Here is a perfect 2003.5 white with grey interior and it's located in Houston.

I know the seller so when I read your prerequisites, it reminded me of Edwin's car for sale.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:43 AM
sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !sfhondapilot Is a GOD !
AW on Cinn is a very nice combo.

Have you considered the IB from the competition package version, which also has the ZCP rims.

My option shopping list would include HID, NAV, SMG and cold weather package.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:50 AM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Why not Audi s4? it's more tame and safe in all type of weather conditions.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lax01
if ANYTHING, Pre-99 E36 Body Style...you're insane if you give your 18 year old daughter an E46 M3...and I would say even the 240bhp out of the E36 is too much. Has she ever driven a RWD car before? I would get her a nice SUV like all the other rich kids...at least you know it'll be safe...
i hate people lecturing others. it's none of your business and he is asking for something else. get on topic

Originally Posted by dvdoughboy
Russ

Here is a perfect 2003.5 white with grey interior and it's located in Houston.

I know the seller so when I read your prerequisites, it reminded me of Edwin's car for sale.
perfect!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:54 AM
kaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the roughkaz555 is a jewel in the rough
Lax may be responding from the goodness of his heart, God forbid if something was to happen to his Mexicoblue's daughter, just take into account what happened to Nick Hogan.

I think the father is better qualified to determine his daughter's driving ability.

Last edited by kaz555; 10-15-2007 at 11:01 AM.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:57 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Pics or ban?

jk

Ok well I don't know how "girly" she is, but that could change a few things. SMG is not something I would buy if you don't have a warranty for the entire time you own the car. '01s had tons of engine problems. 19s on most girls cars get dented and curbed to hell. Buying nice cars for yours kids is cool man, I can't wait to tell my dad I found another another a$$hole out there buying his kids nice cars so he doesn't feel as bad . I would by a lower mileage car too just based on the nature of the power train in that car since it's such a high-revving car. Navigation might be a good idea most girls I know like to have nav. Hope that helps I have access to that age group so PM if you have any more questions lol.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:01 AM
ttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura aboutttgangsta has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by lax01
I just come from an area where parents recklessly bought cars for their kids as soon as they turned 16 without a second thought (and we're not talking 85 Volvo beaters, I mean brand new BMW, Benzs and other assorted high-priced luxury cars) and plenty of them wrapped them around a tree. I had to buy my first car so you better believe that I didn't want to total it. Now that I bought my M, that goes double...
Well I'm one of those kids and it has been awsome. Have yet to cause an accident or wrap anything around a tree knock on wood, in fact if anything I'm a much better driver as a result of growing up in high HP cars like the TT and 599. I really hope we can get into a debate about this once russ gets all the info he needs from this thread. I don't think we have gotten into this for like 3-4 weeks now.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:02 AM
lax01 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Enilder
i hate people lecturing others. it's none of your business and he is asking for something else. get on topic
Read the rest of the thread...

Old 10-15-2007, 11:12 AM
eMJay1133 will become famous soon enougheMJay1133 will become famous soon enough
Well, my 16 year old sister drives my M3 all the time. So I don't think it will really be a problem to have a 18yr old drive one. Girls are ALOT safer than boy with cars.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 for my daughter - any help?