BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M3 for my daughter - any help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 09:56 PM
lax01 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by tblackj
Here is a picture of Russ's daughter from a model shoot she did.

Sorry Russ, had to post it to keep everyone quiet.
nofawkingway?!?!?!

Old 10-15-2007, 09:59 PM
lax01 will become famous soon enough
Furthermore...who's daughter is this?

Old 10-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mass
Anyone who buys any of their kids an M-3 is an idiot. One of the reasons we have so many irresponsible morons running around is that too many kids are spoiled. How can anyone justify that any kid should be driving a car that costly and with that much power.
The ignorant post of the day.

Old 10-15-2007, 10:05 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lax01
Furthermore...who's daughter is this?

lol...

Old 10-15-2007, 10:06 PM
E36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of lightE36-RAT is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm,18 and your getting her an m3...any chance or adopting me as your new son!!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 10:15 PM
emthree is on a distinguished road
You should not have a problem finding an 03 with less than 30k for under $35-38k

Old 10-15-2007, 10:30 PM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is on a distinguished road
just do red seats man. it is the bomb diggidy!

Old 10-17-2007, 08:47 AM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._crash27e.html

This was a family friend of Jags996tt (forum member).

If I were you, I would have her do the whole autocross thing BEFORE you put her in a high performance car. I'm not the best driver in the world, but the best upgrade you can do to a car is upgrade the driver. These cars make you want to speed and drive like the car was designed to drive (the car is designed to disobey damn near every traffic law in the United States).

But all of that asside all of that. Get her an E36 if she wants to autocross/track a little. Once she exceeds the cars' capabilities, mod it or upgrade to the E46 ZCP M3 and mod it.

Old 10-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Russ I loved my 2005M3.

Old 10-17-2007, 09:38 AM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Thanks Marc, and for (most of) the helpful posts in this thread!

Emmo is fulfilling her lengthy obligations thus far (yes, there was a two-page, single-spaced contract between us before I agreed to this purchase) and we are looking for a car. Edwin's white / grey is beautiful, or she may want to get a fairly stock model and mod her own over time as she earns more money for it.

The model year, package, and suspension thoughts have been particularly helpful.

Thanks again, Russ

Last edited by white)2abbit; 10-16-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:41 AM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MexicoBlue
Thanks Marc, and for (most of) the helpful posts in this thread!

Emmo is fulfilling her lengthy obligations thus far (yes, there was a two-page, single-spaced contract between us before I agreed to this purchase) and we are looking for a car. Edwin's white / grey is beautiful, or she may want to get a fairly stock model and mod her own over time as she earns more money for it.

The model year, package, and suspension thoughts have been particularly helpful.

Thanks again, Russ

A 2 page contract... that could be some epic reading.

Old 10-17-2007, 10:52 AM
LABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of lightLABrit is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Vicious
A 2 page contract... that could be some epic reading.

I concur...you now must post.

Old 10-17-2007, 11:12 AM
FredS4 is on a distinguished road
Get A ZCP.
And, I must add 2 things. First, if you buy her that car, make sure she gets hardcore driving lessons and everything will be just fine. Second, I live in Montreal and I've seen many young girls with big SUV giving from to them from their parents. A big SUV is more dangerous, in my opinion, for a girl than an M3. Almost all of them crashed their cars because they don't get feedback from the car when it's loosing traction, so they don't know the limit of the car. For boys, it's different because they want to race and have bigger ***** than their friends.
Trust me, I'm 22, if my dad gave me an M3 at 18, I don't know if I would be there right to talk to you.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:36 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Why not just get her a Miata? It's less expensive, better on gas, cheaper on insurance, slower, yet would still be great for autocrossing. Not to mention it will give her something to work up to as she gets older and finally gets a job. If you get her the M3 now, what's next? 911, M6? It's hard to go backwards. Personally I think she should have something to work for.

Something else to consider is the long line of boys stepping up to take that car for a spin. There is no way, no matter what she says, that some boyfriend isn't going to talk her into driving that car.

Old 10-17-2007, 12:56 PM
MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !MexicoBlue Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
Something else to consider is the long line of boys stepping up to take that car for a spin. There is no way, no matter what she says, that some boyfriend isn't going to talk her into driving that car.
Best argument yet against the M3!

As for the rest, I'm probably looking to spend in the 30's for a used M3. I could easily spend that much on a new Camry and I don't think I would be enduring nearly as much criticism on here. Personally, having given her a budget to work with, I'm glad I've raised a child that appreciates how much better it would be to get a used M3 than a new Camry . . .

Last edited by MexicoBlue; 10-17-2007 at 12:58 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 for my daughter - any help?