BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

M3 for my daughter - any help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:21 AM
lax01 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ttgangsta
Well I'm one of those kids and it has been awsome. Have yet to cause an accident or wrap anything around a tree knock on wood, in fact if anything I'm a much better driver as a result of growing up in high HP cars like the TT and 599. I really hope we can get into a debate about this once russ gets all the info he needs from this thread. I don't think we have gotten into this for like 3-4 weeks now.
yeah its awsome to have everything in life given to you....I don't want to get into a debate...most of us here know how it feels to work hard for something and gain the appreciation for such items.

Old 10-15-2007, 11:29 AM
M32
M32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant futureM32 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by dvdoughboy
Russ

Here is a perfect 2003.5 white with grey interior and it's located in Houston.

I know the seller so when I read your prerequisites, it reminded me of Edwin's car for sale.
Thanks Matt. Russ, pm coming your way

Edwin

Old 10-15-2007, 11:37 AM
mkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura aboutmkell has a spectacular aura about
This one seems like a good start - exhaust and suspension already accounted for and it's a ZHP. Not sure if your daughter likes blue, but it's a nice deal. I could check it out for you if you wanted - PM me if you want.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=180866

Old 10-15-2007, 11:46 AM
lax01 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by mkell
This one seems like a good start - exhaust and suspension already accounted for and it's a ZHP. Not sure if your daughter likes blue, but it's a nice deal. I could check it out for you if you wanted - PM me if you want.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=180866

very nice car...

Old 10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
bointc is on a distinguished road
That is a nice car.... I would go for a 2003.5, I believe around the update of the LED tails was when they fixed a lot of the issues with the car, SMG is pretty cool, I drove my cousin's SMG just a bit, takes a bit getting used to with all the modes and I just wanted to drive the damn thing, but if you own the car, I'm sure she'd be able to learn how to tinker with it.

Old 10-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Formerly 04ImolaZHP
InfamousD is on a distinguished road
PMs sent. now where are my pics????

Old 10-15-2007, 01:33 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Thats a very good deal on the Interlagos ZCP on the last page.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
M32s car is the perfect candidate.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:46 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
Anyone who buys any of their kids an M-3 is an idiot. One of the reasons we have so many irresponsible morons running around is that too many kids are spoiled. How can anyone justify that any kid should be driving a car that costly and with that much power.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:52 PM
Vicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond reputeVicious has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mass
Anyone who buys any of their kids an M-3 is an idiot. One of the reasons we have so many irresponsible morons running around is that too many kids are spoiled. How can anyone justify that any kid should be driving a car that costly and with that much power.
That much power? It's an M3, not a Z06, Viper, etc.

Not all kids with nice things are 'spoiled'... it sounds like shes a good kid, works hard, and more so respects the car. I think too many adults are bitter some kids drive nicer cars at 18 than they did at 40.

Old 10-15-2007, 04:58 PM
jay_ftw will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lax01
yeah its awsome to have everything in life given to you....I don't want to get into a debate...most of us here know how it feels to work hard for something and gain the appreciation for such items.
Wow, I can see your bitter beer face from outerspace!!!

Negative comments aren't welcomed in this thread, especially when Russ clearly explained his thoughts on the subject already. Post somewhere else if you don't like whats goin on in here.

I love the idea of an M3- definitely go with the 2003.5+, for the reasons stated above. LEDs, rod bearing recall complete with 6 year/100,000 mile engine warranty. I haven't driven an SMG model so I can't shed much light there, but I know my 6 speed has been great.

And now for the obligatory, 'post pics!' hahah.

Of the car

Old 10-15-2007, 05:03 PM
SD1
SD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura aboutSD1 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by mass
There are some seriously irresponsible adults making idiotic blanket statements and generalizations about others that are running around with higher powered cars that are more than they can handle as well.

Old 10-15-2007, 05:12 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
I think you are crazy for buying a 18 year old girl a M3... Are you nuts Man? Have you thought this through? You need to buy her something safe like a... like a... C6 Z06, in black, with 2300 miles and CCW wheels... or a CLS63 with 20" Modulare wheels... But where oh where could you find something like that near Little Rock?

Old 10-15-2007, 05:12 PM
jay_ftw will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 05997S
There are some seriously irresponsible adults making idiotic blanket statements and generalizations about others that are running around with higher powered cars that are more than they can handle as well.

Well said!!!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:14 PM
tblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond reputetblackj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 05997S
Hey! I resemble that statement!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M3 for my daughter - any help?