BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

550i Owners...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 07:15 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
550i Owners...

How do you guys like your 550i's? I'm looking at a 650 or 550 (only turn-off is the new body style is coming out in 2 years) and i watned to konw what u guys like/dislike. How is the power? I'm thinking of holding out and getting the 535 and chippin it

Old 04-12-2008, 06:28 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
535 with a chip is probably about the same power if not more than a 550. But if you had to choose one car to have and one car only 550 isn't a bad choice. M5 is a bit outrageous sometimes with abundant expensive h.p and a 528 is just not enough power. 550 perfect blend.

Old 04-12-2008, 06:32 PM
Fast997S is on a distinguished road
Definitely the 550 over the chipped 535. 550 looks a lot meaner.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:48 AM
gsc
gsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant futuregsc has a brilliant future
the new 550 with the sport wheels looks sick..

Old 04-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Redline is on a distinguished road
550 for sure. Cold weather (for fat steering wheel) and sport package. Traded my 06 on Friday and pick up my 08 on Monday.

Old 04-13-2008, 12:27 PM
M5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of lightM5Kid is a glorious beacon of light
535i with software is a nice option, however it still won't feel or sound like that wonderful V8 in the 550i. Most of the 550i's on the dealer lots will be well optioned, a few of them probably won't have Sport Package, which you want.

The 650i is a great car, however I wouldn't spend the extra money on one unless I was buying a convertible.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:50 AM
jstrauch will become famous soon enough
go for the 550 imo.

a good friend had the 650 (convertible) for a while, I really wasn't that impressed by it. My uncle just bought a m6 and he hates it.

Old 04-14-2008, 12:54 AM
gcphilli is on a distinguished road
i personally don't own a 550i but my father does and i have driven it on many occasions. i love cruising on the freeway in that car compared to my 335. the 5 does feel much bigger that my 3 and i'm sure it would feel the same going from your z to the 5. i also love the feel of the torque from the 35 engine that you can now get in the 5 so you'd have to test drive both and see if you want the 50 or the 35 and chip it. the chipped x35i cars feel great.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:09 AM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Being a previous 545i owner I say 535i no question and mod it. More power/tourqe better gas mileage.I did love the V8 but like I said I rather have the TT motor. And I personally think the 6 series is fugly.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:33 PM
Amiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond reputeAmiricanmade has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the input guys. I really would perfer to have the 535i becuase i konw what that motor is capable of. The only down side to the 535i is that it's a lil too expensive considering the new bodystyle should be due in 2010. I can pick-up a 550i for much cheaper and won't have to worry about the hit i take on it. I saw a 550i with the M5 front, side and rear kit with dual tips and it looked hawt!

Old 04-14-2008, 03:42 PM
Reve1 is on a distinguished road
Why not something AmericanMade?

Seriously, I think the 535 is way to over priced compared to 550 in the used car market. Besides I can't see the point of paying so much money for a car and voiding the factory warranty by adding mods! Unless you go Dinan, then you'll get the same power out-put as 550i; about 360hp and same torque numbers but V8 offers zero turbo lag.

As far as 650; looks like BMW's answer to Camaro, frankly the new Camaro looks better, just a wierd looking car, at least IMO.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Reve1

Seriously, I think the 535 is way to over priced compared to 550 in the used car market. Besides I can't see the point of paying so much money for a car and voiding the factory warranty by adding mods! Unless you go Dinan, then you'll get the same power out-put as 550i; about 360hp and same torque numbers but V8 offers zero turbo lag.

As far as 650; looks like BMW's answer to Camaro, frankly the new Camaro looks better, just a wierd looking car, at least IMO.

Agree with you as far as the 535 being over priced. The 535 is 8k more than the 06-07 550i's and by the time you tune and get it some real power you're looking at 10k. By does not sound like a lot but when the new bodystyle comes out in a year or two you'll take a BIG hit for that. As far as the 6ers go i dunno i kina like them. Here is a pic of a M6 with some wheels (i would prob slap on the M6 bodykit if i got the 650i also). I hope Vic does not mind me ussing his pic.

Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2008, 08:37 PM
MichaelJr1186 is on a distinguished road
the engine of the 535 has better response to mods but....550 exhaust note is better

Old 04-15-2008, 07:43 PM
Banned
amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !amerlemans Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Reve1

Put down the crackpipe dude. You have got to be out of your mind to make a comment like that.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Jmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really niceJmoney is just really nice
Originally Posted by amerlemans
Put down the crackpipe dude. You have got to be out of your mind to make a comment like that.
Sad part is I almost agree.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 550i Owners...