BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

335i hits 11.99@117.5mph almost stock!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jmoney
Tell you what in a week or so when I get back from out of town I'll bring my No car having *** and **** on your M3 in the mean time GTF out of my thread. Last I heard I'm older then you "Kid" so why don't you wait till you can buy a drink first thanks.
I'm older than you kid, I'll let you know if we need your Range Rover to tow a car to the track.

If you don't want me to post, don't spread lies about my car.

Last edited by CURI0; 12-16-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:42 PM
Banned
8speed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CURI0
No you can't compete, you don't have a car, so stop talking about what other people are doing as if you are doing it.

There were no 335's out there, buy one and come out instead of typing about what you think it can do.

Making yourself look stupid is talking about things when you weren't there and when you don't know.

The 335 internals aren't forged like the M3's, do you understand what that means? The block is magnesium-aluminum alloy, it is significantly weaker than the M3's which is made with the same aluminum-silicon material as the F1 blocks and at the same plant the F1 blocks are made. You get what you pay for.

Ever see what the E46 M3's put down with boost on the stock internals and block? The E92 M3 has stronger and lighter parts that rev higher, maybe do some research kid.

"I like how u said there were no 335's out there that day even though the timeslips match by the date and you said you were there when you watched Terry's 135 trap 120mph so now your just making your self look stupid as if you didn't already do that thanks" Is this even English? What are you even trying to say?

I thought the E46's had weak internals and are limited to the amount of boost they can handle?

I agree though, new M3 is worth the extra $ over the 335i IMO. The E92 has a crazy flat torque curve and is so much more balanced. Both cars stock still cant touch my IS-F down the strip!

Old 12-16-2008, 09:47 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 8speed
Bone stock new M3 can't get close to those numbers....must be modded

Great time for 335i.....trap speed is crazy
Wading through the sh!tstorm above, yes it was. But 112-114mph trap speeds from a DCT are definitely obtainable. On 91 octane.

As for the rest, the modded "lesser model" vs. stock "premium model" is ricer, useless and just plain stupid. Let's avoid that.

I think a good indicator is BMW will be concentrating on the V8 in racing (ALMS, etc) not the TT 6.

Now, to throw another wrench into the debate, BMW also announced moving away from high-revving motors to FI due to emissions, etc. Hopefully the means the next gen. 335 gets forged internals?

Last edited by Deuuuce; 12-16-2008 at 09:52 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:48 PM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
I thought the E46's had weak internals and are limited to the amount of boost they can handle?

I agree though, new M3 is worth the extra $ over the 335i IMO. The E92 has a crazy flat torque curve and is so much more balanced. Both cars stock still cant touch my IS-F down the strip!
Can't touch your ISF? The ISF is weakest car in the class.

You thought wrong, the E46 M3 handles over 600 wheel on stock internals, incredibly strong at 11.5:1 compression. The limiting factor on the boost is the fuel quality and tuning, not the strength of the internals.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Banned
weakest in class?

12.27 stock C63 AMG

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

12.38 stock IS-F

12.5 stock M3

http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...e=10&carmake=5

13.01 stock RS-4 (discontinued)

Goodnight..........don't forget to make that apt to fix your "amazing" DCT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oyQS...eature=related

Last edited by 8speed; 12-16-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Banned
That "stock" ISF you posted was on Mickey Thompson Drag Radials, or is reading tough for you?

Since you like dragtimes so much:

M3 DCT 12.1: http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-M3-Timeslip-17264.html

Is there a faster ISF? Nope.

Do we even need to talk about what would happen around a track? Nope.

Good night, enjoy your Toyota.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:00 PM
RENEGADE is on a distinguished road

Is there a faster ISF? Nope.
Theres a twin turbo IS-F and a supercharged one out already. No times, just throwing it out there.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:39 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by RENEGADE
Theres a twin turbo IS-F and a supercharged one out already. No times, just throwing it out there.
I hear ya, supercharged e9x's are running around now but no official times or released kits.

Just going by NA numbers posted for now.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Banned
I hear ya, supercharged e9x's are running around now but no official times or released kits.

Just going by NA numbers posted for now.
you mean, modified M3's with tune, intake, exhaust, radials, pulley against stock competition. Alot of work to get into stock IS-F, C63 range..........don't forget that apt with the dealer!

Apples and oranges brother

Last edited by 8speed; 12-16-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Banned
you mean, modified M3's with tune, intake, exhaust, radials, pulley against stock competition. Alot of work to get into stock IS-F, C63 range..........don't forget that apt with the dealer!

Apples and oranges brother
A lot of work to get into stock ISF or C63 range? What are you talking about, the DCT vs. the C63 is a wash, the ISF trails them both. There is a guy on M3post running 12.3 on street tires, unlike that ISF running 12.3 on Drag Radials. You simply don't know what you are talking about.

If you consider bolt on's a lot of work, you can't grasp basic tuning. Plus, the only thing you are ever going to hold on to vs. an M3 is straight line. The other aspects of the car are a joke in comparison.

You apparently don't understand the trim levels of the M3, the manual is a bit slower than the DCT, but it doesn't matter, at least the car doesn't come in Automatic or with fake exhaust tips.

Last edited by CURI0; 12-17-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 08:23 AM
pushtiulk will become famous soon enoughpushtiulk will become famous soon enough
a fast car. congrats

Old 12-17-2008, 10:41 AM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
You apparently don't understand the trim levels of the M3, the manual is a bit slower than the DCT,.
Actually that was disproven at higher speeds in a recent test, I believe.

Old 12-17-2008, 03:16 PM
CABRIO C4 is on a distinguished road
Excellent time for mods under 5k..but its no M3.

I would like to see an M3 with a turbo or supercharger then will see.

Last edited by CABRIO C4; 12-17-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Actually that was disproven at higher speeds in a recent test, I believe.
Which test? I ran side by side with a manual from a roll, the gearing on the DCT is very tight from 2nd-4th and it showed.

From a stop, the manual puts more torque down in first, and you have more control over the launch so I would say the manual definitely has an advantage from a stop.

At higher speeds gearing and torque multiplication does not matter as much as you spend much more time in gear. So above 130 or so I would expect the manual and the DCT to be the same as they both have the same amount of power.

Just depends on what the individual wants, in my opinion it is not physically possible to shift faster than the DCT.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:21 AM
Which test? I ran side by side with a manual from a roll, the gearing on the DCT is very tight from 2nd-4th and it showed.

From a stop, the manual puts more torque down in first, and you have more control over the launch so I would say the manual definitely has an advantage from a stop.

At higher speeds gearing and torque multiplication does not matter as much as you spend much more time in gear. So above 130 or so I would expect the manual and the DCT to be the same as they both have the same amount of power.

Just depends on what the individual wants, in my opinion it is not physically possible to shift faster than the DCT.
I haven't compared the gear ratios at different speeds but here is the test:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/..._test/(page)/1

Above 120 it pulls away. A nearly 2 second differential to 150mph is significant. It's pretty awesome, but it's not perfected yet from a performance standpoint.

Last edited by Deuuuce; 12-18-2008 at 11:24 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 335i hits 11.99@117.5mph almost stock!