BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Modded E92 M3 vs. Modded E92 335I

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 10:33 PM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Modded E92 M3 vs. Modded E92 335I

Got a chance to run my friends JB3 335I, tip. His car has a little more than the normal JB3 setup and it really moves. He normally pulls on or runs with 135I's and 335I's that have all the supplemental bolt on mods with JB3 or Vishnu V3 as well, and I believe he has the fastest 335I time on dragtimes! Recently from 60-130 he pulled a stock M5.

We did a few friendly pulls from 60-130, his car has some weight reduction as well, my car is about +43whp over stock on a mustang dyno. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCMJ1P-2P0Q

Old 05-02-2009, 10:44 PM
boostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of lightboostedtwin is a glorious beacon of light
He could not keep up with your shifting. nice.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Just want to know if he was on 100 or pump.

Old 05-03-2009, 12:30 AM
DLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond reputeDLSJ5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CURI0
Just want to know if he was on 100 or pump.
Said he may have had a tad of 100 left, but mostly 91. He recently ran another 335I with all the bolts on's JB3 and 100 octane, while he was on 91, the 100 octane car with all the bolt on's only pulled half a car on him.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Banned
CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !CURI0 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DLSJ5
Said he may have had a tad of 100 left, but mostly 91. He recently ran another 335I with all the bolts on's JB3 and 100 octane, while he was on 91, the 100 octane car with all the bolt on's only pulled half a car on him.
What does he have to say now?

Don't see how the N54 guys can run their mouths anymore. What I have been saying about a DCT M3 with bolt on's vs. an N54 with bolt on's on the street holds true. With boost for the M3, it isn't even a comparison.

Looks like you and I need to run soon, I would figure I should be just a *tad* stronger with the RPI exhaust... we need to do that before I get the blower and before you get yours.

Last edited by CURI0; 05-03-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 02:40 AM
youngbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant futureyoungbimmer has a brilliant future
lol,the 335i had no chance...
but that thing really moves!
Your M3 is in a higher league though...DCT + modded V8 kills the 335s.

But still wow...that 335 could at least stay in your mirror...

But that 335i did not really look like a modded one...
looked like a stock and ugly cruiser BMW...(wtf,reflectors still on?)

BTW,how exactly did he reduce the weight of his car??

Last edited by youngbimmer; 05-03-2009 at 02:42 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by youngbimmer
lol,the 335i had no chance...
but that thing really moves!
Your M3 is in a higher league though...DCT + modded V8 kills the 335s.

But still wow...that 335 could at least stay in your mirror...

But that 335i did not really look like a modded one...
looked like a stock and ugly cruiser BMW...(wtf,reflectors still on?)

BTW,how exactly did he reduce the weight of his car??
ON race gas he would have beaten me I'm sure. That 335I has the fastest ET in the country I believe, and like I said he takes down or runs very close to other 335I's that have all the bolt ons, and better fuel, it's not your average 335I that's for sure, I've been to the track wtih him a handful of times and his car always performs well, he out traps other 335I's with far more mods, lol.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:05 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Whats done to teh M3 in the video to get the extra HP?

Old 05-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by LSM
Whats done to teh M3 in the video to get the extra HP?
He lists the mods in the video....

Old 05-03-2009, 03:05 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
He lists the mods in the video....

Yea I got it after I posted the question

Old 05-03-2009, 03:31 PM

Don't see how the N54 guys can run their mouths anymore. What I have been saying about a DCT M3 with bolt on's vs. an N54 with bolt on's on the street holds true. With boost for the M3, it isn't even a comparison.

Looks like you and I need to run soon, I would figure I should be just a *tad* stronger with the RPI exhaust... we need to do that before I get the blower and before you get yours.
Sounds good!

Old 05-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Joeyballs is on a distinguished road
Wow. That's impressive man. I wonder what Hotrod's deal was during that run.

not doubting your ride, I know its really quick. Just Hotrod182 ran 11.7's and traps about 121 with his 335i.

Congrats on the good kill dude.

-Joey (JB335)

Old 05-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by Joeyballs
Wow. That's impressive man. I wonder what Hotrod's deal was during that run.

not doubting your ride, I know its really quick. Just Hotrod182 ran 11.7's and traps about 121 with his 335i.

Congrats on the good kill dude.

-Joey (JB335)
All good Bro, he was not on ms109 race fuel in the pulls, but on 91, if he was on ms109 he would have pulled I'm sure.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:03 PM
V8EATUR is on a distinguished road

Ummm you do know that the ONLY engine mod that 335i in the video had was a $349 piggy back computer right?????

Basically, its a regular 335i AUTOMATIC, with a single $350 mod on 91 gas...which was performing basically only 75-80 percent of its potential because of the gas.

Vs.

An M3 with a Dual Clutch Transmission, X-pipes, High Flow Cats, ECU reflashed, Pulley, and intake.

It was just the initial punch the M3 jumped 1 car lengths because 60-65mph is not a good starting point for the 335i automatic on a regular gas map. The 335i still stuck to it and you can see the front right there in the rear view mirror.

Not making excuses, but if he really wanted to demolish that M3 all that is needed is some better gas. Don't get your hopes up just by seeing that video, I don't see any N/A E90/92 M3's trapping 121+ MPH yet....

Have a nice day.

Last edited by V8EATUR; 05-03-2009 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by V8EATUR
Ummm you do know that the ONLY engine mod that 335i in the video had was a $349 piggy back computer right?????

Basically, its a regular 335i AUTOMATIC, with a single $350 mod on 91 gas...which was performing basically only 75-80 percent of its potential because of the gas.

Vs.

An M3 with a Dual Clutch Transmission, X-pipes, High Flow Cats, ECU reflashed, Pulley, and intake.

It was just the initial punch the M3 jumped 1 car lengths because 60-65mph is not a good starting point for the 335i automatic on a regular gas map. The 335i still stuck to it and you can see the front right there in the rear view mirror.

Not making excuses, but if he really wanted to demolish that M3 all that is needed is some better gas. Don't get your hopes up just by seeing that video, I don't see any N/A E90/92 M3's trapping 121+ MPH yet....

Have a nice day.
FYI my car did not make as much power as others have and the DCT transmission is stock. Also we've heard it before that he only has a simple 350.00 mod, but we know that's not the entire story, lol, a simple reflash on 996TT can take it from 115 MPH traps stock to 120-126 traps just by adding boost, lol, anyway you slice it, more boost will trump simple supplemental bolt ons, and he's running more boost than other JB3 cars, with some weight reduction as well It also appears from before and after drag runs that bolts on's aren't as great as one may think, at least in comparison to Hotrod's car, and that's the car I ran.

What is also a fact is most 335I owners in the know, realize that Hotrod's car has proven to be the fastest one out there, race gas or not. Why is this simply glossed over by many 335I enthusiasts? But why would I want to run a 335I with all the bolt on's that's not as fast as Hotrod's car on the same fuel? Then you guys would say, "You have to run Hotrod."

Regardless of what he has or not, that's why they all said to run him, still everyone uses the "tune only" excuse, fair enough but, 116mph traps on 91 have not been duplicated by any other JB3 on 91 octane, most need race fuel. 15.9 psi on 91 vesus 14psi on other cars, quite a difference, that easily makes up for bolt on's that some are using as an excuse, Hotrod has even proven this in runs with other 335I's that have bolt on's.

I can assure you we started at the same time, he honked, I didn't jump a full CLth from the beginning, but through 1.5 gears I eventually pulled 2 cars and it held there until I let off.

Regardless it's flat out impressive what he can do with adding more boost and some weight reduction, and on race fuel I agree he'd get me!

Last edited by DLSJ5; 05-03-2009 at 11:12 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Modded E92 M3 vs. Modded E92 335I