BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

X6 Wheel dilema "Style 215"

Old 04-12-2010, 03:57 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
X6 Wheel dilema "Style 215"

So long story short, I ordered a set of summer shoes for my new X6.
After going back and fort looking at pics I decided on a black set of 215 reps (22x10) all around. I really wanted the staggered set but $7500 all in at the dealer was kinda steep since I was unsure if i would look after a while.

I getting to the point.. Last weekend the wheels and tires I ordered still were not here so I got impatient and bought an OEM set, talk about the need for instant gratification

Well, the Black wheels arrived today, still no rubber. The OEM's are on and look sweet, but the Black looks so damn GOOD! I will sell off one set after I decide which to keep. Help me out here, crappy iphone pics but which do you think looks better? OEM= Ferric Grey, Reps= Gloss Black

I know this is a subjective topic, but lets see what the majority says for S%$ts and giggles.

Attached Images    
Old 04-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Andym is just really niceAndym is just really niceAndym is just really niceAndym is just really niceAndym is just really nice
I would say keep the black. You're right, it just looks SOO damn good!

Old 04-12-2010, 06:17 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
Thats alot of $ for factory rims, i'd have gone aftermarket.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:34 PM
ranger66 is on a distinguished road
The black wheels look the best. The grey wheels look great too.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:43 PM
bavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to allbavorak is a name known to all
Thanks for the input guys. Looks like most are leaning toowards the black.

After I had the OEM Ferric grey 21's mounted and the dealer detailed the car I must say, It loooks amazing! the pics do no justice, even all the ones posted on the net.

The wheels are actually much darker in person and look especially good at dusk. Not to mention the massive steam rollers in the back are just insane at 325 wide.

I hope to get the tires for the black set and may just end up keeping both sets if I cant make up my mind.

And yes to NickyBlack, 7500 is excessive, but for me there was nothing aftermarket that looked better than the 215's, I know the Hamman wheels are nice and the red X6M with the black forged rims did look good. Its all a matter of personal prefference.

Old 04-14-2010, 05:46 PM
I will try and post up some new pics by the weekend of everything mounted and polished up.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:28 AM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
I would have kept the OEM's. Nothing beat's the staggered setup with the steamrollers in the rear.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by v35
I would have kept the OEM's. Nothing beat's the staggered setup with the steamrollers in the rear.
Thats what I am running for now, Very happy with the OEM proportions and the Ferric Grey looks good with the Black Saphire.

Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
Former Vendor
Modball Team is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nickyblack
thats alot of $ for factory rims, i'd have gone aftermarket.

x2 ..