BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

05 M5 ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 08:27 PM
JASCLASS will become famous soon enoughJASCLASS will become famous soon enough
Question 05 M5 ?

Any comments on the 2005 V10 M5 that will arrive next fall?

Old 10-02-2003, 12:33 AM
Aron is on a distinguished road
Yum.

Old 10-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Aron is on a distinguished road
Actually, got a look at the new 5-series at the dealer today. While it looks much better in person than pictures (which means it looks pretty sharp, but IMO still a little too Pontiac up front and the eyebrows need tweezing) a reasonably equipped 530 stickered for $52k!! That's retarded to me. Well equipped 545's will be over $60k and the dealer was already talking extortion because V8 allocations will be limited.

Old 10-16-2003, 10:13 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by Aron
Actually, got a look at the new 5-series at the dealer today. While it looks much better in person than pictures (which means it looks pretty sharp, but IMO still a little too Pontiac up front and the eyebrows need tweezing) a reasonably equipped 530 stickered for $52k!! That's retarded to me. Well equipped 545's will be over $60k and the dealer was already talking extortion because V8 allocations will be limited.
I saw the same thing except worse. 530i with sport package and a couple other options $54k I cannot agree with you on the looks though. I thought it looked pretty bad in person too. I was waiting to pick up some plates for a friend and saw a group of service techs around what I thought was an IS300. I was like, what the hell is all the fuss over that IS?? I went over and it was the new 5. At best imo, it is OK. I have seen spy shots of the new M5 though and it looks great, we'll see though. I am sure before it goes to final production BUNGLE will find something to muck up.

-Lou

Old 10-16-2003, 10:29 PM
Vik
Vik has a spectacular aura aboutVik has a spectacular aura about
Ill keep my 5, thank you.

Old 10-16-2003, 11:05 PM
LSM
LSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of lightLSM is a glorious beacon of light
Originally posted by VikDiddy
Ill keep my 5, thank you.
I don't blame you!

Old 10-23-2003, 03:44 PM
keithos27 is on a distinguished road
Hi everyone. This is my first post on this board. I'm coming here via the m5board.com forum (there are a lot of Porsche guys over there). I have a 2002 M5, and one of my techs told me that the new M5 will probably be anywhere between 90-100K. That's quite a jump from the 2003 price of approx. 72K! Those 2 cylinders cost approx. 15K each. But it should be one hell of a car!

-Keith

Old 10-26-2003, 06:11 AM
I think its the type of design that has to grow on you, I have only seen 1 new 5 on the street and it was a fast pass by, I had a 98 540 SPORT which had a sticker of $61K, its was the colors of my choice but was loaded out with everything, 1 of my favorite cars I have owned so far, the 05 V10 is going to be a top performing sedan imo.

Old 11-02-2003, 10:45 PM
LSM
Originally posted by JASCLASS
I think its the type of design that has to grow on you, I have only seen 1 new 5 on the street and it was a fast pass by, I had a 98 540 SPORT which had a sticker of $61K, its was the colors of my choice but was loaded out with everything, 1 of my favorite cars I have owned so far, the 05 V10 is going to be a top performing sedan imo.

The more I see it the uglier it gets. Saw 10 new ones at my buddy's BMW dealership. Sport package wheels are awful, car does not look aggressive at all with or without sport package. The old sport pacjage on the 7 and 5 mad eth cae look agressive, there new direction seems to be to put ugly wheel on an ugly car. I also was on the highway behind one. Back looks like an Acura CL, front looks like a Pontiac Bonneville. Hideous. Bangle and the board of directors should just all step down.Do you know that the almighty great new 7 is only worth $50k wholesale for a 2002 745I. Wait until all those special price leases come due, BMW will be buying back cars for $10-15k more than they are worth.

-Lou

Old 11-22-2003, 11:10 AM
MJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud ofMJC123 has much to be proud of
Saw the new 5 series interior today, it's almost as cool as a Honda Accord. What happened to BMW? They've lost their marbles...

Old 11-30-2003, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by LSM
The more I see it the uglier it gets. Saw 10 new ones at my buddy's BMW dealership. Sport package wheels are awful, car does not look aggressive at all with or without sport package. The old sport pacjage on the 7 and 5 mad eth cae look agressive, there new direction seems to be to put ugly wheel on an ugly car. I also was on the highway behind one. Back looks like an Acura CL, front looks like a Pontiac Bonneville. Hideous. Bangle and the board of directors should just all step down.Do you know that the almighty great new 7 is only worth $50k wholesale for a 2002 745I. Wait until all those special price leases come due, BMW will be buying back cars for $10-15k more than they are worth.

-Lou
I have to say I do like the 745I though, the 19" and 20" package looks great on it, I havent seen the variations for the 5 yet.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.