BMW //M Discussion on the BMW M1, BMW M3, BMW M4, BMW M5, and the BMW M6

Project Fine Wine M5- COMPLETED!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Former Vendor
Derek@MartinoAutoConcepts is infamous around these parts
Project Fine Wine M5- COMPLETED!!

OK, so we all know it, the future is here and it's all about turbos. I get it.
With that said- there is something so seductive about the E60 M5 and it's exotic sounding 10 cylinders of Bavarian muscle. Particularly with engine mods (in this case FULL Dinan packages) the sound that these bad boys emit would make even your grandmother turn around for a better look.

When Brian first came to me it was approaching a year ago. He was, admittedly, needing some direction. His car, though nicely modded, was really all over the place and had no real theme. Having spent good money at other shops in the past (that had his car for almost a year!), he was unhappy with it's current look. They convinced him that there was no such thing as too much carbon fiber. Literally. He had exposed CF hood, rockers, grills, emblems, window trim, etc etc etc.
The mighty M5 looks like someone just went crazy throwing any old CF part that could be found at it.

Now, I'll be honest, Brian is my favorite type of customer. He had complete faith in my team and I. He came in, handed me his keys, and basically told me to do what I saw fit. Brian wanted to make his car the looker she deserved to be, and I was happy to oblige.

Indianapolis Red is a pretty rare color, and easy to screw up... quickly. We wanted to accent this beautiful color without taking away from it by ODing on CF.

The game plan went something like this:

Custom Paint CF Hood
Paint Roof, moldings, and shark fin gloss black
Custom Paint CF Kidney Grills
Custom Paint CF Rocker Panels
Custom Mirror Paint (Flip Flop)
Paint Wheels Gloss Black
Smoke Tint Tail Lamps
Smoke Tint Side Marker Indicators
Custom Paint (color code) Calipers w/ Logos
CF CSL Bootlid custom painted
Vorsteiner E60 Rear Diffuser)
B/W Roundels and Center Caps
Dinan Exhaust Tips in gloss black
Complete Paint Correction

The result... well... like fine wine itself, there are truly no fitting words to describe!

ENJOY!

Old 07-10-2012, 01:49 PM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
to my eye everything looks A#1 (..'cept the black wheels - I'm just not a fan of all BLACK ('cept in Rugby)) - I'd bet the owner is really really happy with your work

would you explain what is meant by "Complete Paint Correction" (I know, probably a dumb question.....)

Old 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the roughECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the roughECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the roughECS Tuning - BMW is a jewel in the rough
Looks great. I'd toss some spacers on the stock wheels to push them out a touch, give them an aggressive look like the rest of the car.

Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 PM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MI55LE
would you explain what is meant by "Complete Paint Correction" (I know, probably a dumb question.....)
probably means a full detail, removing all swirl marks and imperfections in the paint.

Old 07-11-2012, 07:35 AM
MI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to beholdMI55LE is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by killacam
..probably means a full detail, removing all swirl marks and imperfections in the paint.
thanks for the reply, but I'll ask again the folks who "did it" :

hey Derek, ya still around ? would you explain what is meant by "Complete Paint Correction"

Old 07-11-2012, 07:59 AM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
very rich looking color, does that hood fitment look right?

Old 07-11-2012, 08:31 AM
killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !killacam Is a GOD !
thanks for the reply, but I'll ask again the folks who "did it" :

hey Derek, ya still around ? would you explain what is meant by "Complete Paint Correction"
derek will just tell you what i already said.

have you ever heard of google? its this really cool website that can help you find answers to your questions.

http://bit.ly/LOMwi8

Old 07-11-2012, 09:09 AM
yi haa - that there google this sure is the cat's meow - I just looked up "comprehension" and "answer only when addressed"

give it a try

Old 07-11-2012, 09:22 AM
yi haa - that there google this sure is the cat's meow - I just looked up "comprehension" and "answer only when addressed"

give it a try
i'll answer what i want, its a public forum. can you comprehend that?

or is that beyond your comprehension, just like how you cant comprehend what a full paint correction is even after it was explained to you?

Old 07-11-2012, 09:45 AM
theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !theblue Is a GOD !
that is a hard color to make work, but you did it. nice work

Old 07-11-2012, 11:51 AM
must be an east coast thing.....

Old 07-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cohenfive
very rich looking color, does that hood fitment look right?
+1, It looks like it is not completely closed.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:49 AM
cp9
cp9 is infamous around these parts
The calipers are so sick! loving the color. The hood does look crooked. Maybe a set of rims would finish the package

Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 PM
mark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud ofmark12345 has much to be proud of
Well done! Very nice looking M5. Love the color

Old 07-16-2012, 11:57 AM
specter113 is infamous around these parts
I love everything but the hood. Looks a little ricey to me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Project Fine Wine M5- COMPLETED!!