Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

19" Forgestar F14 Gunmetal & Hankook V12 [PICS]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:40 PM
tradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up 19" Forgestar F14 Gunmetal & Hankook V12 [PICS]

I placed my order on the last day of January and received these today. The lag was a bit unbearable near the end due to some confusing info from Forgestar, but they arrived and now onto the wheels. Thank you to Forgestar for overnighting this set.

Here's how she looked beforehand:

Today I received a call from both Forgestar and Sonic MS giving me the heads up. Oh?

Centercaps, rings, and bolts were all securely taped inside one of the boxes. Sonic's Hunter machine made quick work of everything. Tires are 245/35F and 275/35R. Now onto the finished product...

I know I'm going to get a few PM's asking me what offset I ordered; to be frank, I forgot and will have to check. I knew in January....I'm just happy I don't have to run spacers anymore!

Edit: A more recent picture from 2011

Last edited by tradecraft; 10-16-2011 at 02:35 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:37 PM
rotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura aboutrotaz has a spectacular aura about
looks sweet congrats!

Old 04-16-2010, 02:32 AM
chaud is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

looks hawt! definitely feelin it...

Old 04-16-2010, 08:36 AM
rubber_ducky is on a distinguished road
great choice. looks awesome.

Old 04-16-2010, 03:43 PM
subparrnd is on a distinguished road
That looks great! Congrats!

Old 04-16-2010, 03:58 PM
speedyj88 is on a distinguished road
that's absolutely gorgeous, perfect stance on your car.

Old 04-16-2010, 08:48 PM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Very nice setup. Noticed you have a sets spacer (15mm?) in the pictures... you didn't have to re-use spacers with the new wheels, did you?

Old 04-16-2010, 09:03 PM
tradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond reputetradecraft has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lithium1330
Very nice setup. Noticed you have a sets spacer (15mm?) in the pictures... you didn't have to re-use spacers with the new wheels, did you?
No spacers with the new wheels. I was using 7/14 spacers with my stock wheels to address clearance issues. Maybe I should sell these things...

Thank you for the kind words guys.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:09 AM
DBV
DBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud ofDBV has much to be proud of
Looks great! I don't know about the yellow fogs though.... or is that just a camera effect?

Old 04-17-2010, 01:18 AM
Originally Posted by DBV
Looks great! I don't know about the yellow fogs though.... or is that just a camera effect?
Hoen Endurance bulbs, so yes, they are very yellow. I figure yellow is a little more useful than that offwhite that comes stock. I have 3000k in the headlights too (yeah yeah), but I'll swap those back eventually.

Last edited by tradecraft; 04-17-2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:56 AM
jhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of lightjhthornley is a glorious beacon of light
looks great.

I did a TON of research and the Forgestars were near the top of my list.

I wanted a lot of dish... and after lots of back/forth w/ a guy on eBay over a set of iForged (for $2999) I settled on some Victor Equipment LeMans style rims.

I'll take pics and make a post.

regardless, your car looks great.

Old 04-17-2010, 10:34 AM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
scottschoe

Wow !! The wheels make it look like a different car !! Just a huge difference IMO.Absolutely Beautifull
I have a black Cayman and have been waiting to see the Forgestar Gunmetals on a Black car to decide. decision done! Gunmetal looks AWSOME!! ,thanks for posting

Old 04-17-2010, 11:32 AM
guod is on a distinguished road
They do look amazing! I got 18" in brushed Ti for my gray car. Unfortunately, I'm having some balancing/vibration issues with these wheels and still hoping to find a solution.

Old 04-17-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by guod
They do look amazing! I got 18" in brushed Ti for my gray car. Unfortunately, I'm having some balancing/vibration issues with these wheels and still hoping to find a solution.
Bummer man, were you able to find a GSP9700? Your shop did put on the rings before mounting, correct?

Old 04-17-2010, 12:31 PM
guod is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by scottschoe
Bummer man, were you able to find a GSP9700? Your shop did put on the rings before mounting, correct?
The hubrings were installed properly. The shop said the wheels were "hopping" on the balancer in a spot. My dealer has a GSP9700 but it's VERY expensive, and another local shop seems to be available only during the week

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 19" Forgestar F14 Gunmetal & Hankook V12 [PICS]