Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Porsche Car...Exhaust System

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 12:50 AM
lildemon will become famous soon enoughlildemon will become famous soon enough
First Porsche Car...Exhaust System

Hi, I just bought a 2009 boxster. This is my first porsche and I have to say it's an awesome car!! I was thinking about getting an exhaust system for the sound and increase speed. I look around in the forums and found different exhaust people are using. 4 I found are Fabspeed, Remus, FVD, and Gemballa. Which one do you recommend and why?

Old 03-25-2011, 07:08 AM
Sleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the roughSleepy996 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by lildemon
Hi, I just bought a 2009 boxster. This is my first porsche and I have to say it's an awesome car!! I was thinking about getting an exhaust system for the sound and increase speed. I look around in the forums and found different exhaust people are using. 4 I found are Fabspeed, Remus, FVD, and Gemballa. Which one do you recommend and why?
Its all personal taste just spend some time on youtube searching these companies. I like Capristo and the next guy may tell you he likes Remus all the big names make a excellent exhaust but you need to let your ear do the choosing Eash company produces a different exhaust note. GL and post pics and review once you pull the trigger.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:27 AM
John Ferguson has a spectacular aura aboutJohn Ferguson has a spectacular aura about
Borla ~ Pros -- million mile warrenty, good for a dyno proven 20 HP on a Gen 1 S, sounds really good. Cons -- some folks think it drones between 2200 - 2800 RPM under heavy load, I don't notice it but then again I don't hear as well as most folks.

Many folks think all aftermarket exhausts drone in that RPM range and go with something like the Capristo ($$$) or OEM Sport Exhaust as they have a switch to change from quieter / louder. IMO the OEM Sport Exhaust is too quiet even when in the louder setting and it is worth zero HP.

While not designed for audiophiles, there are lots of clips on You Tube that are fairly close. There are numerous threads on Planet-9 on exhausts with dyno charts and sound clips.

Congrats on your Boxster, they are lots of fun!

Old 03-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Congratulations lildemon on your purchase! Best way to identify which system is for you, attend local Cars and Coffee events, track days, anything in your area where there is a large Porsche gathering and find a Boxster/Cayman same year and trim, most will have an exhaust system installed. Youtube videos are great, but only if the audio is uncompressed.

Since you are not local to our shop-- here is a video of a 2009 Boxster with our Maxflo muffler system:
http://youtu.be/A4QpWEvctbI?hd=1

Old 03-25-2011, 12:44 PM
Dino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really niceDino V is just really nice
congrats and enjoy your new purchase. Just take your time listening to various exhaust systems and you'll find the one you like most.

Old 03-25-2011, 10:38 PM
lildemon will become famous soon enoughlildemon will become famous soon enough
Thanks everybody for your feedback. I will go find the one I love soon

Old 03-26-2011, 04:23 PM
tskeen is on a distinguished road
exhaust

Plus one on everyone recomends the exhaust they have. I bought the Remus. I have an 09 pdk and I love the sound. I do look at other tips and wish I had something different sometimes. I think almost all exhaust will drone in a pdk if you let the car pick the gear it wants. 55mph in 7th gear is about as boring as you can get...thats not what the cars intent is imho.

Drive it like a Porsche and the exhaust will put a smile on your face every time you take her out. Good luck with purchase.

Old 03-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Bonerwall will become famous soon enough
I have the FVD on my 2009 Boxster S and absolutely love it. Best Porsche sound I have heard and absolutely no drone plus at least the +11HP increase that they advertise. Great German quality. Can't go wrong.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:49 PM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
REMUS

If you are willing to wait, a new titanium system from REMUS will be released soon for the Gen II cars !

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...st+cayman&aq=f

Old 03-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CampioniShop1
REMUS

If you are willing to wait, a new titanium system from REMUS will be released soon for the Gen II cars !

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...st+cayman&aq=f
Here is the Gen 1 Remus sound with some Headers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2FftCUg9iw

Old 03-28-2011, 05:23 PM
Karrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to allKarrera4 is a name known to all
AWE w/ NHP Headers.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W5QLOhrvE4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 04-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Former Vendor
ModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant futureModBargains.com has a brilliant future
The Remus Exhaust features improved flow for greater power output and that distinct Remus exhaust note. Apart from the performance gains, the Remus Exhaust is also 2KG lighter than your stock exhaust system!!! Remember, Remus is the world's largest manufacturer of aftermarket automobile sport exhaust; I.S.O. 9001 and T.U.V. approved O.E.M. supplier to BMW, Mercedes, AMG, Porsche, Ducati, allowing them access to shared CAD files for fully automated quick and accurate fitment. As well, back pressure calculations and sound testing in a highly sophisticated audio dyno room. Our dyno results as an O.E.M. supplier must be accurate. Dyno results are 'bolt on' only, with no complimentary modifications. Here is quick sound clip of the Remus Sport Exhaust for you to check out! I'll go ahead and shoot you over a PM with more details as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBmwY-JRloo

Old 04-20-2011, 01:56 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bonerwall
I have the FVD on my 2009 Boxster S and absolutely love it. Best Porsche sound I have heard and absolutely no drone plus at least the +11HP increase that they advertise. Great German quality. Can't go wrong.
Here is a video of Bonerwall's muffler...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9FXr7TovD4

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net