Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

a/c control relocation.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 03:53 PM
hitman986 is on a distinguished road
a/c control relocation.

I'm looking to put a ddin radio in my 04 boxster. I will need to relocate the a/c controls to do this. Any kits available?

Old 09-24-2011, 09:12 PM
wulfgang is on a distinguished road
The a/c control in my '01 is down at the bottom of the stack, just in front of the shifter. I would like to move the climate control up to the spot above the radio which is currently occupied by the cupholders. So if you have the proper bezel for the a/c control to be up there, and I have the proper bezel for it to be down in the angled portion of the console, maybe we can just swap bezels? I don't know.... I'll look for pics of the 04 setup to see what might be different. Also, the hardware in the back may also be different.

Old 09-25-2011, 08:11 AM
hitman986 is on a distinguished road
I can trade you trim panels. Mine was up top above radio below cup holders.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:54 PM
denversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond reputedenversteve has a reputation beyond repute
They come in several different locations depending on your options. You may not need a kit of any kind. Just move it up or down to allow your double din installation. You can certainly have the installation business move it at that time.

Old 09-28-2011, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by hitman986
I can trade you trim panels. Mine was up top above radio below cup holders.
Sorry, I forgot about this. I'll take a pic this weekend and check to see if I can move mine up to the top.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I just took out the climate control unit and cupholders and both bezels. The climate control bezel is shown below. It is ~63 mm tall and has angled sides, so it would have to be in the bottom spot on the center console. In addition, to make your a/c unit work in the bottom angled spot, you might have to cut off the plastic screw ears on the bottom of the unit (on mine, only 2 screws, not 4, hold it in place along with some clips near the back).

My cupholder bezel is 70 mm, so if your a/c bezel is that high, then I think it will work for me.

The thing at the top of the pic is from the cupholders, but I'm pretty sure it's not useable for the a/c unit because the a/c unit is secured in a different way.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Looking at more pics, if you have the cupholders that are are in the slot with the a/c vents that is about 1/2" high, then I think your bezel will work for me. I was thinking that you had the older cupholder cassette like mine that occupies a full DIN slot.