Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First intro, ordered my first Porsche, 2013 Boxster S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 07:37 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
First intro, ordered my first Porsche, 2013 Boxster S

Just wanted to introduce myself. I’m 49 and been a car nut as long as I was old enough to drive.

I’ve had everything from a Pinto (my first car) to Corvettes. I tend to lean to the supercharged/turbo’d cars.

Ever since I test drove a Cayman last year, I can’t stop thinking about how well the car is designed for the driver. I’ve driven a couple of lambo’s, Ferrari’s but though they were cool, the Porsche is just a driver’s car.

I just sold this... totaled it at the track last year and rebuilt it here. I should have seen the writing on the wall when I chose the GT3 orange color...lol.

This is the closest I’ve been to German engineering so I’m cutting my teeth on a Porsche for the first time.

I’ve sold all my other vehicles and other than a H2 with a duramax, the Boxster will be my daily driver.

I ordered a 2013 Boxster S in guards red with black top. There were only a few add-ons...

infotainment package

20” Carrera wheels (I’m in the body shop business so I’ll powder coat them black myself.... didn’t want to pay 1400 for powder coating)

Premium package (which I’m thinking of deleting and adding what I want. I say that because I hate the headlight washers. Who the hell needs headlight washers?? (no offense to those that do have them))

Sport exhaust (LOVE the sound when you flip the switch)

red stitching in the seats and a few other silly options.

Won’t obviously be here till August but wanted to stop in and introduce myself since a member gave me the link from another forum.

Thanks,

Mark

Last edited by orangecrush; 05-20-2012 at 07:39 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:32 AM
lithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud oflithium1330 has much to be proud of
Congrats and great looking car! I know the Mini clubs have large annual gathering to run through the NC mountains. After you get the Boxster, def come join this annual gathering: www.brbs.org.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:40 AM
orangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to beholdorangecrush is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lithium1330
Congrats and great looking car! I know the Mini clubs have large annual gathering to run through the NC mountains. After you get the Boxster, def come join this annual gathering: www.brbs.org.
Thanks Cris,

Much appreciated.... yeah, actually, I skipped my track day that I always attend and went to Minis on the Dragon. They had over 1000 registered minis show up.

I’ll definitely check out the Boxster run. Unfortunately it’ll have to be next year...lol.

I did have to chuckle a bit. The website shows a Boxster on a twisty road in the mountains but on the wrong side of the road...lol.

Thanks,

Mark

Old 05-20-2012, 12:40 PM
shermanator is on a distinguished road
Your configuration looks great Mark.

I would so something similar. Enjoy!

-Connor

Old 05-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Kelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of lightKelderek is a glorious beacon of light
That will be one great looking car!
The red stitching will be a nice detail. I like contrasting stitching and when it's red and matches the paint, it really stands out!

Old 05-20-2012, 01:18 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
Welcome aboard. Your specs look great. Guards Red was a close second for my order but I ended up going with Racing Yellow with Black top and interior. My car is expected in August, too.

My salesman was Birmingham, AL last week for training and sent me this picture. Can't wait to test drive the thing at Porsche Driving Experience in early June.

Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
congrats

Old 05-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by caveatesq
Welcome aboard. Your specs look great. Guards Red was a close second for my order but I ended up going with Racing Yellow with Black top and interior. My car is expected in August, too.

My salesman was Birmingham, AL last week for training and sent me this picture. Can't wait to test drive the thing at Porsche Driving Experience in early June.
Porsche driving experience?? I’ll have to look into that. My salesman just came back from the AL track and said it’s fantastic. Many years ago when I raced sportbikes, I was taking an advanced race class at Kevin Schwantz’s race school. There were only 4 people in that class.. one of them was the owner of the track in AL. He invited me down and I wished I had gone. Perhaps this would be a good excuse.

The yellow is a great color. I actually went back and forth between the two but I fell to the classic side of Porsche, the old Guards Red.

I can’t wait for the car to come in, I test drove a Cayman last year and fell in love with the way it drove. The two Boxsters and 911 I test drove had the same Porsche feel.

Anyway, thanks for the welcomes....

Mark

Old 05-20-2012, 03:03 PM
MisterGritty is on a distinguished road
Mark,
Congrats and nicely configured. You are not the only one transitioning from MINI (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3944015/2011-mini-cooper ) to first Porsche. I also ordered my Boxster S last week very similarly equipped to yours except in Basalt Black with an end of July build date. Attached is a screen shot from my configuration. Only other difference is that I'm hanging on to the ALL4 MINI since I don't believe "daily driver" for the Boxster applies to Wisconsin winters.
Dave

Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Originally Posted by MisterGritty
Mark,
Congrats and nicely configured. You are not the only one transitioning from MINI (http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3944015/2011-mini-cooper ) to first Porsche. I also ordered my Boxster S last week very similarly equipped to yours except in Basalt Black with an end of July build date. Attached is a screen shot from my configuration. Only other difference is that I'm hanging on to the ALL4 MINI since I don't believe "daily driver" for the Boxster applies to Wisconsin winters.
Dave

Man, black is a favorite color. I love the looks of almost any car in black but since this will be a daily driver, I’ll stay as far away as possible. Black it just too hard to keep clean. (besides, my detailer at my shop would have a fit...lol)

Nice setup you have chosen. I love the wheels, especially in silver with black.

Guess we’ll all be getting our cars about the same time.

Mark

Old 05-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Just out of curiosity, has anyone looked into how to get the bi-xenon lights but NO headlight squirters? I think the squirters are useless and ugly. I figured at best, I’ll paint them to match.

I’m going to paint the front slats in the intake grille under the headlights, the outer ring of intake for the rear brakes, the roll bar covering and the middle trim inside on the dash. All that will be in red.... I don’t want too much but a few matching pieces I think will look good.

Mark

Old 05-20-2012, 04:12 PM
caveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nicecaveatesq is just really nice
The S comes standard with bi-xenon headlights. The premium pkg adds adaptive headlights that turn in the direction of a turn along with the headlight washers. I skipped the premium package on mine and added the convenience package mainly because I wanted the sport seats plus and did not want to spring from the adaptive seats.

My current specs are as follows:

Racing Yellow
6 speed manual
Black full leather
Sports Seats Plus
Convenience Pkg
Infotainment Pkg
Carrera S 20" wheels with colored crests
PASM
Porsche Sport Exhaust
Embossed headrest crests
Smoking Package (no I do not smoke but want the cover on the little bin on the console behind the shifter)

Sport Design Steering Wheel

Old 05-20-2012, 04:21 PM
The S comes standard with bi-xenon headlights. The premium pkg adds adaptive headlights that turn in the direction of a turn along with the headlight washers. I skipped the premium package on mine and added the convenience package mainly because I wanted the sport seats plus and did not want to spring from the adaptive seats.

My current specs are as follows:

Racing Yellow
6 speed manual
Black full leather
Sports Seats Plus
Convenience Pkg
Infotainment Pkg
Carrera S 20" wheels with colored crests
PASM
Porsche Sport Exhaust
Embossed headrest crests
Smoking Package (no I do not smoke but want the cover on the little bin on the console behind the shifter)

Sport Design Steering Wheel
I had the full black leather but from seeing cars with leather interiors at my shop, if you’re the type of person that hangs their arms out, I’ve seen the leather get discolored (BAD) from oils and sweat. By removing the full leather and going partial (seats) it was a 2-3K savings.

So are you saying that if you don’t select the premium package (and thus do not get adaptive headlights) will you still get the washer nozzles?

I noticed you chose PASM, I went back and forth about it still haven’t decided it if was worth the extra 1800 bucks for 10mm.

Two more things..... Vented seats. In NC when the sun is sweltering, I’m hoping that the seats cool my *** off.

Look at the pic I posted. The slats in the air intake in the front bumper are painted. I can’t find the option to or not to include them. Anyone know where that is?

Mark

Last edited by orangecrush; 05-20-2012 at 04:38 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by orangecrush

So are you saying that if you don’t select the premium package (and thus do not get adaptive headlights) will you still get the washer nozzles?

I noticed you chose PASM, I went back and forth about it still haven’t decided it if was worth the extra 1800 bucks for 10mm
You only get headlight washers with the adaptive headlights. No washers with standard bi xenons.

I go PASM no for the lower ride height but for the handling and ride improvement with the 20" wheels.

The painted exterior bits are on the exterior options portion of the configurator.

Where did you find deviating stitching options? I do not see them on the website. How pricey?

Old 05-20-2012, 05:27 PM
You only get headlight washers with the adaptive headlights. No washers with standard bi xenons.

I go PASM no for the lower ride height but for the handling and ride improvement with the 20" wheels.

The painted exterior bits are on the exterior options portion of the configurator.

Where did you find deviating stitching options? I do not see them on the website. How pricey?

Do you think that the PASM will make that much difference? (apparently, you ordered it...lol)

I looked at the painted exterior bits but for the life of me, I can find everything except those slats painted.

The deviated stitching option is on the dealer’s only list of options. They have special access to special options that aren’t viewable for us.

Don’t quote me on this because I don’t have my paperwork in front of me but I think it was like 700 bucks. You can get as much stitching as you want... meaning the dash, doors, etc, etc...

I didn’t want to make it gawdy so I opted just for stitching in the seats.

Tomorrow when I’m at work, I’ll look at the paperwork and let you know how much it was.

Mark

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First intro, ordered my first Porsche, 2013 Boxster S