Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cayman - A marketing Success Story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 11:21 AM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool! Thank you for you’re report. Barrier Porsche here in Seattle are having their release party today. I will be able to schedule my drive for this next week. DOH! I just remembered I am out of town al week.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:43 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Pinehurst, Remember!!

Old 01-13-2006, 10:28 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
So after seeing it I liked it more then I thought I would. Not readay to trade in the Box yet but maybe ready to gear up for one as a second car in a year.

Still do not like the inside of the 987/997/Cayman yet though.

And as for Pinehurst, WOW this will be U-G-L-Y! I will let you know Monday afternoon. Hell it has rained in Seattle 26 days straight a bad day of golf will be better then this though.

Old 01-14-2006, 11:28 PM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
I absolutely love the look of this car. But one thing that bugs me a lot is that for aprox 80G CND it offers NO LSD?? Whats up with that?

Makes me wonder does the boxster have LSD??

Old 01-14-2006, 11:31 PM
Just a boxster?
Only LSD in the Boxster is
Lucy in the
Sky with
Daimonds.

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 01-14-2006 at 11:36 PM.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:40 PM
newtonold is infamous around these parts
Porsche did a great job of sliding a coupe in between the Boxster and the 997, it fits perfectly in speed/HP and best of all, price. Its exactly what I would buy if I didnt have enuff money for a 997.

I have yet to drive one, but have seen the Cayman S in person. It looks exactly like what I would think a Boxster/997 mix would be!
Give credit to Porsche for a clever marketing ploy, just hope it doesnt take sales away from the 997.

Either way, I am goin to the dealer this weekend and test drive one, and find out what the fuss is all about. If it doesnt blow my skirt up, Im goin 997!!

Good Luck to the Cayman S this weekend, as it debuts in SoCal dealers.

Old 01-14-2006, 11:40 PM
Kinesis 996 is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Only LSD in the Boxster is
Lucy in the
Sky with
Daimonds.
Don't quite understand what u mean by that. Does that mean no LSD?

Old 01-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Just a boxster?
The Boxster does not have standard LSD. Quaife does make it for the Boxster though. $1195.00 see link. http://www.upgrademotoring.com/perfo...quaife_app.htm

BTW: Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is a song by the Beatles. I happen to play this often in the car. (so it is kinda in the car)

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 01-15-2006 at 12:14 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 05:12 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
I was bringing my 996TT in for service and I finally saw a Cayman up close and in person! It was on the showroom floor at a NJ dealership.

It had 19" wheels and standard brakes. I was anxious to see it once the service guy told me they had one. Unfortunately, I was not impressed. It was not as striking as I had hoped. Sorry guys, but even in person, it still looked like a Boxster hardtop.

I know, I know...I promised I would drive one....and I will!!

Again, please not hate mail.

:-(