Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member introduction!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 03:05 PM
Eric H. is on a distinguished road
New member introduction!

I just picked up an 07' White Cayman S yesterday. I know I shouldn't be posting without pictures!

I was thinking about putting some Work Wheels on it. I believe it's the VSXX or the Porsche Mesh wheels. Anyone have pictures of these on their car? At first I wanted to get a set of BBS LM's...but I currently have those wheels on my CLS. Another choice would be Fikse or Kinesis, but it's a bit out of my price range for now. Too bad Kinesis got bought out by Lexani, it seems their marketing strategy is completely wrong with the website redesign and the release of their new wheels. I just don't see why Lexani comingled it's image with Kinesis. I liked the old image much better!

Happy to be here.

-Eric

Old 02-15-2007, 03:47 PM
987bs is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the club, nice car but as you said, it is prohibited to post a "new member introduction" post without pics...

Good luck with your car!

Old 02-15-2007, 04:04 PM
Dave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to beholdDave is a splendid one to behold
Hmmmm......White......My favorite color. What about the interior?

Yep....you're gonna have to post some pics.

Dave

Old 02-15-2007, 04:17 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Welcome aboard Eric.

Old 02-15-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by Dave
Hmmmm......White......My favorite color. What about the interior?

Yep....you're gonna have to post some pics.

Dave
White, black interior. Not full leather though. I'll snap some pictures tomorrow...plan on taking the date out tonight in it to the clippers game.

Have any of you guys lowered the car yet? Mine doesn't have PSM or sports package. It's a pretty firm ride stock as it is. I wouldn't mine lowering it maybe 1.5" with the new 19" wheels in the future.

As for the steering, I had my buddies 996 C4S for a couple weeks, and it seemed a bit more neutral on the handling...with the Cayman...I may be wrong but it feels like it tends to oversteer a bit. I have less then 24 hours in the car so I may still be adapting...

Old 02-16-2007, 10:24 AM
master_jcp will become famous soon enoughmaster_jcp will become famous soon enough
Welcome to 6speed! And congrats to your new P car. Is that your first Porsche?

Old 02-16-2007, 05:23 PM
Originally Posted by master_jcp
Welcome to 6speed! And congrats to your new P car. Is that your first Porsche?
Yes it is. I don't think I will keep it that long...currently I'm deciding whether or not to get rid of the Mercedes. Well actually it's going through a bit of an ordeal with mercedes usa. It's been having a problem with the suspension and it seems no one can fix it.

This is the wheel I'm considering getting:

I think on a white car like mine I'm going to try a black and white theme. So either go with matte black centers, or a gunmetal. I don't particularly like gloss black on wheels, I think it looks a bit plasticky for my taste. So either black and white theme, or I'm going to get bronze centers, and shade my headlamps bronze. The bronze theme would look nice with a kit too.

Old 02-16-2007, 08:02 PM
Syiu is on a distinguished road
Welcome Eric. I was looking for a white one myself... ended up with a yellow one.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:58 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Welcome and congrats We're in the process of securing a white one for ourselves.... If you want to see what Fikses in the flesh swing by as I usually have something going on

Old 02-16-2007, 10:02 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
what wheels are these?

Old 02-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Former Vendor
jmiller will become famous soon enough
welcome. white cayman's are great looking