Aftermarket warranty in Canada

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:00 PM
c2gta is on a distinguished road
Aftermarket warranty in Canada

Hello Canadians, Zookie, and perhaps a couple American Moderators,

Do any of you guys know of a reputable company that offers warranties on Porsches in Canada? I contacted warrantydirect.com and they say they don't offer warranties on 996's.

With the appreciation of the Canadian dollar, i would assume someone else has looked into this when importing a car from the States. Or of someone who has purchased a Canadian Porsche that is out of warranty.

Old 08-02-2009, 09:14 PM
DarkBlueS8 is on a distinguished road
Lubrico perhaps?

Old 08-03-2009, 12:17 PM
c2gta is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by DarkBlueS8
Lubrico perhaps?
Thanks for replying to the thread, but in the F.A.Q.'s section of the Lubrico website, they state:

Lubrico Warranty does not offer coverage on vehicles that are bought or sold privately, or that are purchased through non-Authorized Selling Dealers

Unfortunately i fall under the latter category.

Old 08-03-2009, 04:47 PM
911A4Mustang is on a distinguished road
warranty

subscribing... this is of interest to me.

Old 08-03-2009, 06:03 PM
S7AR is on a distinguished road
wiessech (sp) in van offers warrenty for their used porsches they sell. I am too currently looking for my first p-car

Old 08-03-2009, 10:56 PM
vv23 has a spectacular aura aboutvv23 has a spectacular aura about
I bought my car from Phoenix and the warranty transferred over to me--I've used it twice as well here in Alberta.

Its the "Diamond Warranty" from "Warranty Activation HQ Inc." 1800-376-5553... www.carefreedriving.com

These guys just expect an oil change to activate the warranty and cover parts/ labour on everything except suspension/ exhaust sensors etc. I've even got some interior pieces replaced that broke.

Old 08-04-2009, 08:46 AM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
Question

Porsche sells an extended warranty, right? Is it possible to bring up a 2005 boxster for example, and then get an extended warranty from porsche on it from a canadian porsche dealership?

Old 08-04-2009, 09:40 PM
Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !Zookie Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 911A4Mustang
subscribing... this is of interest to me.
+1

Sorry c2gta, i have no idea.. but im intrested in finding out too, since my CPO runs out April/10... I dont know of any Canadian Providers and would like to know myself

Originally Posted by split
Porsche sells an extended warranty, right? Is it possible to bring up a 2005 boxster for example, and then get an extended warranty from porsche on it from a canadian porsche dealership?
No they dont Sell Extended Warranty. No its not possible to get Warranty from a Porsche dealer... Only way is to buy a CPO'd car from Porsche (which will eventually run out of Warranty)

Old 08-09-2009, 01:29 PM
me&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura aboutme&you has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by S7AR
wiessech (sp) in van offers warrenty for their used porsches they sell. I am too currently looking for my first p-car
Weissach sells an aftermarket warranty similar to Lubrico that c2gta referred to.

I'm not aware of any aftermarket warranty company that sells to private individuals. You could try contacting dealers that sell these aftermarket warranties and see if they would help you add it onto your car (of course, they make good money on these warranties, so that should provide some incentive for them to do so).

Old 08-09-2009, 04:50 PM
Technological has a spectacular aura aboutTechnological has a spectacular aura aboutTechnological has a spectacular aura about
The aftermarket warranty sold by Weissach doesn't only apply to cars they sell, but can be bought for cars purchased privately as well. It obviously requires a standard inspection to be performed on the vehicle, and pending results the warranty can be purchased from Weissach.

Bringing the car to the selling dealer for repairs typically results in a lower deductible, unless the warranty is specified with the $50 deductible. ($100 and $200 deductibles are also available.)

From personal experience, it is a good company that supplies the warranty. As with any of the aftermarket warranties, they are very specific with their coverage. Not all items are covered, but a very good portion of the "common problems" are certainly on the list!

Old 08-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Technological has a spectacular aura aboutTechnological has a spectacular aura aboutTechnological has a spectacular aura about
http://www.securewarranty.ca/drive1.htm
Is what Weissach sells.

PM me if you have any questions.

Old 08-09-2009, 05:14 PM
S7AR is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Technological
http://www.securewarranty.ca/drive1.htm
Is what Weissach sells.

PM me if you have any questions.

sorry, but do you work for Weissach? I would PM you but I am not at the 15 post quota yet.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:42 AM
orangem is on a distinguished road
I checked Lubrico web site and it stated warranty can be purchased independently if the factory warranty hasn't expired. Perhaps you can buy it if your CPO warranty is still there.

However, I would be more interested to find out from dealership experience whereby the warranty co will pay for an engine or transmission without customer jumping through hoops.

Old 08-14-2009, 01:08 PM
SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !SY6TTX50 Is a GOD !
Very helpful info, subscribed...

Old 10-27-2013, 07:24 AM
alland is on a distinguished road
Ensurall

I purchased an Ensurall warranty several years ago for about $4000 (for my Cayenne Turbo). Although they were OK initially, as soon as my repairs approached the cost of the warranty it was like the tap was turned off. Future claims were declined and I am now on my second complaint to the Better Business Bureau. They are very difficult to deal with. They are great when you're purchasing the warranty but that changes completely when you want to process a claim.

It seems as though they will only pay out claims (without a fight) while the overall cost of the the repairs is less than what you paid for the warranty. In other words you're better off insuring yourself unless you enjoy fighting with insurance companies and processing complaints to the BBB.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket warranty in Canada