New Emission testing - Ontario and 200 Cell Cats

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 08:27 PM
timbit x is on a distinguished road
New Emission testing - Ontario and 200 Cell Cats

Hey All,

I've got PSE and looking at getting some 200 Cell Cats to improve the sound.

Anyone have this combo? Any problem with emissions test?

On a 2nd note, anyone hear of issues with this new testing? (reading your car's computer for the emissions history...)

Cheers!

Old 01-08-2013, 08:33 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by timbit x
Hey All,

I've got PSE and looking at getting some 200 Cell Cats to improve the sound.

Anyone have this combo? Any problem with emissions test?

On a 2nd note, anyone hear of issues with this new testing? (reading your car's computer for the emissions history...)

Cheers!
I have heard some ruffle about that. It may not work for me since I converted to E85 but my emissions is due this August.

I have a full 3" version with 100 cel cats and I passed when I was on 94

On another note why not swap the whole exhaust for a 3" version with hiflow cats

Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Whole exhaust... tempting! I'm hoping for good grumble, but keep the exhaust down "a bit" taking off sport mode as to not annoy my neighbours who are good people... if they weren't I wouldn't care too much...hehe (I work late nights sometimes).

Old 01-09-2013, 07:37 AM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
200 Cell pass Emmisions. i have them on my car for over 6 years. PM me if you want pricing on 200Cell Cat X-Pipe. We are the north american Cargraphics Distributor.

Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Zook... I'll get in touch when I'm ready!

Old 01-12-2013, 06:34 AM
biobanker is on a distinguished road
I passed with tons of margin with my 100's.

What emissions data is stored in the car's computer?

Old 01-12-2013, 06:40 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by biobanker
I passed with tons of margin with my 100's.

What emissions data is stored in the car's computer?
Just info if its modified

Old 01-12-2013, 07:04 AM
As of January 1st they have a new system. Heard of a few people having issues passing. But I'm not sure why.

More info:

http://www.ene.gov.on.ca/environment/en/category/drive_clean/

Old 01-19-2013, 09:30 PM
carrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant futurecarrera997re has a brilliant future
Mine failed today car was at a body shop for 2 months today i went to go get it done and failed i guess maybe it sat there to long without driving 06 c2s

Old 01-22-2013, 07:42 AM
jumper5836 has a spectacular aura aboutjumper5836 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by carrera997re
Mine failed today car was at a body shop for 2 months today i went to go get it done and failed i guess maybe it sat there to long without driving 06 c2s
New test requires the car to have some sort of running history. If your battery was unplugged prior to going in for the test, it will automatically fail.

Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 AM
black penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant futureblack penguin has a brilliant future
How long does it need to run?

Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by black penguin
How long does it need to run?
From the Ontario website

You can also take your vehicle through a ‘generic drive cycle’:

Step 1: Make sure the vehicle has been parked for eight hours without a start.

Step 2: Start the engine and let it idle in Drive for two-and-a-half minutes with the Air Conditioning (A/C) and rear defroster on.

Step 3: Turn the A/C and rear defroster off. Drive the vehicle for 10 minutes at highway speeds.

Step 4: Drive the vehicle for 20 minutes in stop-and-go traffc.

Step 5: Your drive cycle is complete. You can now go in for your test.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 AM
Chimcu is a jewel in the roughChimcu is a jewel in the roughChimcu is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by jumper5836

stupid question.. how are they going to "enforce" that you've done all the above? Why not just drive your car on the highway to clean out your system and then take it in for a test?

Last edited by Chimcu; 01-23-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Originally Posted by Chimcu
stupid question.. how are they going to "inforced" that you've done all the above? Why not just drive your car on the highway to clean out your system and then take it in for a test?
OBD has 4-5 monitors. That require drive cycle time to be set. When OBD is reset these monitors show up as "not ready". How long it takes to become set is a mystery but would be based on time based on driving cycles that the computer is monitoring.

They don't really have to enforce it because if you didn't drive the car long enough your OBD monitors would read not ready and then you fail the test.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:51 AM
It's going to be fun this year for my Test. I'm running a Standalone soon on E85

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New Emission testing - Ontario and 200 Cell Cats