Carrera GT/918 Porsche Hypercars

918 Spyder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 03:07 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Onibas
Yes, I say it's Pure Orange.

See if now upload the pic:

Attachment 397897
I see it now! Porsche has a color called Tangerine which is an orange but I do not think this is that color. Also, I am not sure whether this is a wrap or a paint on that car! Any idea?

Old 07-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Looking at the top speed for each gear (65mph for 1st), it is VERY conservatively geared.

If it had gearing similar to some other PDK cars, I could see a 2.0 (or less!) 0-60mph and a 9.4 1/4 mile....

Old 07-30-2014, 06:02 PM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
Looking at the top speed for each gear (65mph for 1st), it is VERY conservatively geared.

If it had gearing similar to some other PDK cars, I could see a 2.0 (or less!) 0-60mph and a 9.4 1/4 mile....
You may be right but keep in mind that the electric motors in this car fill the torque gaps in the V8's torque delivery with instant torque from 0 MPH...

Old 07-31-2014, 03:25 PM
Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !Deuuuce Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
You may be right but keep in mind that the electric motors in this car fill the torque gaps in the V8's torque delivery with instant torque from 0 MPH...
Great point! It would be an interesting mathematical table to see how it would change.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:19 AM
Onibas will become famous soon enough
I see it now! Porsche has a color called Tangerine which is an orange but I do not think this is that color. Also, I am not sure whether this is a wrap or a paint on that car! Any idea?
Yes, it's paint. In Weissach option you can choose the paint you want (base, metalic, liquid or sample) and then stick the Salzburg stickers over. As in this case.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:10 PM
The new Lamborghini Hurcan was just tested (and perhaps underrated hp) at 2.5 0-60mph and 10.4 @ 135mph. Porsche would do well with more aggressive gearing, although not lacking by any stretch.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Deuuuce
The new Lamborghini Hurcan was just tested (and perhaps underrated hp) at 2.5 0-60mph and 10.4 @ 135mph. Porsche would do well with more aggressive gearing, although not lacking by any stretch.
Wow! Those numbers are significantly better than the Aventador's! Which magazine / entity got those test results for the Huracan? Can you post a link or the full test results?

Old 08-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by chucksweet
Simply beautiful!

Mine is supposed to be completed in 3 days (I can't wait) and then I have to wait on the boat to get it here.
Chuck - any news on your 918? Have you got it yet?

Old 08-04-2014, 05:50 PM
Wow! Those numbers are significantly better than the Aventador's! Which magazine / entity got those test results for the Huracan? Can you post a link or the full test results?
Latest Car & Driver in print. Their website doesn't have it yet, only if a paid subscription.

The gearing is super tight too. 44, 65, 87, 110, 140mph iirc for top of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th.

Old 08-12-2014, 10:33 AM
October Issue of EVO Magazine does a comparison of the 918 and P1. Evo is lavish with praise for the 918 (not so much for the P1...)
Source: EVO Magazine (excerpts only)

Old 08-12-2014, 08:09 PM
TurboLover has a spectacular aura aboutTurboLover has a spectacular aura aboutTurboLover has a spectacular aura about
If I had the money, the 918 would be my dedicated track car.

Old 08-16-2014, 05:29 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Chuck - any news on your 918? Have you got it yet?
Yes, it was supposedly built at the end of July and then held for quality control. and then Germany went on "holiday" through the 3rd week of August without shipping it. As far as I know it is still sitting somewhere...geez
Chuck

Old 08-16-2014, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by chucksweet
Yes, it was supposedly built at the end of July and then held for quality control. and then Germany went on "holiday" through the 3rd week of August without shipping it. As far as I know it is still sitting somewhere...geez
Chuck
sorry to hear that. That has to be extremely frustrating! I hope you are pushing your dealer hard to get you exact status updates...

Please keep us posted.

Old 08-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Yes, I say it's Pure Orange.

See if now upload the pic:

Attachment 397897
Yes, it's paint. In Weissach option you can choose the paint you want (base, metalic, liquid or sample) and then stick the Salzburg stickers over. As in this case.
It looks like the orange/red is a paint to sample of a Ferrari color - Rosso Scuderia! Any thoughts?

Old 08-28-2014, 02:35 PM

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 918 Spyder