Carrera GT/918 Porsche Hypercars

918 Spyder

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 10:13 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
918 Spyder

Can someone tell me why the 918 is not included in this forum? And why there is not a dedicated 918 forum here? Moderators?

Old 06-06-2014, 05:46 AM
lrattner has a spectacular aura aboutlrattner has a spectacular aura about
It's simple, the 918 is too expensive for most of the people who usually buy Porsches and should be listed with the hypercars ( P1, La Ferrari, etc) on other forums. Maxed out 991 turbo s is $200K, Maxed out 918 is 5 times more expensive.
I think most who buy the 918 don't necessarily do the "forum" thing. Just my .02

Old 06-06-2014, 09:18 AM
SpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant futureSpeeddemonC2 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by lrattner
It's simple, the 918 is too expensive for most of the people who usually buy Porsches and should be listed with the hypercars ( P1, La Ferrari, etc) on other forums. Maxed out 991 turbo s is $200K, Maxed out 918 is 5 times more expensive.
I think most who buy the 918 don't necessarily do the "forum" thing. Just my .02
I understand your point but this is an enthusiast forum as much as it is an owner forum. Many here do not own the cars they discuss. Besides, the same multiple applies over at Ferrari with the LaFerrari being 4-5 times the price of their highest priced F12 with a similar multiple in the Mac forum with their P1 being 5X the MP4-12C. Yet Fchat and the various Mac forums have a dedicated forum for their flagship car! So I do not see the price as a valid reason not to have any dedicated forum in a Porsche forum for Porsche's flagship production offering! After all the Carrera GT is included and it was at least 3X the price of a turbo when it came out 10 years ago!

There is more technical and performance information on the 918 in a Ferrari forum (fchat) than a Porsche forum. Something wrong with that...

Old 06-06-2014, 09:32 AM
I think it would be fun to see more information about Porsche's crowning technical achievement to date in a production car and technologies that are bound to appear in Porsches to come! Hope I am not alone...

The fastest production car Nurburgring lap published to date - 918 Spyder with Weissach Package

Jay Leno's Garage Feature on 918

Last edited by SpeeddemonC2; 06-06-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Old 06-13-2014, 05:17 PM
One more drag race video against the Agera R...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsHiY...ature=youtu.be

Old 06-17-2014, 10:16 AM
Old 06-19-2014, 12:12 AM
The 918 surprises McLaren by being faster than the P1 with less horsepower and more weight!

Source: Top Gear magazine

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	586
Size:	520.5 KB
ID:	389129  
Old 06-25-2014, 04:08 PM
From Ferrari Chat forum:
Car & Driver just got these performance results in their test of the standard (non-Weissach Pkg) 918!

0-60 in 2.2 seconds!
1/4 mile in 9.8 seconds

Acceleration Results:

0-30 mph 1.0 seconds
0-60 mph 2.2 seconds
0-100 mph 4.9 seconds
0-130 mph 6.7 seconds
0-150 mph 10.5 seconds
0-160 mph 12.2 seconds
0-170 mph 14.4 seconds
0-180 mph 17.5 seconds

9.8 second 1/4 mile @ 145mph

Old 06-25-2014, 05:28 PM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
I understand your point but this is an enthusiast forum as much as it is an owner forum. Many here do not own the cars they discuss. Besides, the same multiple applies over at Ferrari with the LaFerrari being 4-5 times the price of their highest priced F12 with a similar multiple in the Mac forum with their P1 being 5X the MP4-12C. Yet Fchat and the various Mac forums have a dedicated forum for their flagship car! So I do not see the price as a valid reason not to have any dedicated forum in a Porsche forum for Porsche's flagship production offering! After all the Carrera GT is included and it was at least 3X the price of a turbo when it came out 10 years ago!

There is more technical and performance information on the 918 in a Ferrari forum (fchat) than a Porsche forum. Something wrong with that...
This is because the cheapest Ferrari is 250k. The cheapest Porsche is around 40k. Not only that, many owners buy used. Way more likely of someone on fchat owning laferrari, p1, or the 918 than on here owning a 918.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by speedsterr
This is because the cheapest Ferrari is 250k. The cheapest Porsche is around 40k. Not only that, many owners buy used. Way more likely of someone on fchat owning laferrari, p1, or the 918 than on here owning a 918.
Again, fair points... but I continue to wonder if all on 6speed are owners and not non-owner enthusiasts. Participation on other forums on the hypercars is not owner based but by enthusiasts exchanging information. I am also puzzled why the Carrera GT is on this forum and not the 918?

Old 06-30-2014, 10:13 PM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
918 on order

I actually have a 918 on order and have been disappointed there was little information or a dedicated section here. Chuck

Old 06-30-2014, 10:42 PM
Originally Posted by chucksweet
I actually have a 918 on order and have been disappointed there was little information or a dedicated section here. Chuck
I am glad to finally see someone interested in the 918 on this forum! Did you order yours with or without the Weissach package? What color or wrap did you choose?

Old 07-01-2014, 06:08 AM
chucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of lightchucksweet is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by SpeeddemonC2
I am glad to finally see someone interested in the 918 on this forum! Did you order yours with or without the Weissach package? What color or wrap did you choose?

No Weissach...I simply went with Guards Red!

Old 07-01-2014, 08:08 AM
Congrats again! Your car will look stunning! Please post photos when you get it!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 918 Spyder