Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Panoramic roof + Roof rails, possible??

Old 03-17-2008, 03:26 AM
porsche23 is on a distinguished road

Old 03-17-2008, 05:53 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
I tried it already....

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ght=Roof+Rails

But someone some how got it to work...

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=2#387217

you might have to be a member, not sure. I personally bought them and tried and no way no how it was going to fit. Maybe the tracks in the roof are different for ROW Cayennes?

Old 03-18-2008, 10:47 AM
chancemartenson is on a distinguished road
tracks, yakima and panoramic roof.

Attached Images  
Old 03-19-2008, 05:35 AM
mlc.design is on a distinguished road
sweet gts man and i think what porsche23 wanted are the side rails... like these

He was wondering if they would fit with his Pano Roof, I think it would fit but the roof would probably not function.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:28 AM
chancemartenson is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mlc.design
sweet gts man and i think what porsche23 wanted are the side rails... like these

He was wondering if they would fit with his Pano Roof, I think it would fit but the roof would probably not function.

Thanks!

Yep, I hit that reply button too quick...he was asking bout the rails.

Old 03-19-2008, 08:37 PM
porsche23 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mlc.design

yea. thats what im talking about. i just want them cause they look good. never going to use them.

Old 03-20-2008, 06:47 AM
mlc.design is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by porsche23
yea. thats what im talking about. i just want them cause they look good. never going to use them.

They do look very good

Old 03-10-2016, 02:42 PM
Juanna Knowtrooth is on a distinguished road
pano roof and roof rails...YES!

Convinced that they were "not compatible" because Porsche doesn't want some idiot suing them when they load up the pano roof and break the glass, I ordered a standard aluminum roof rails pair off ebay (about $150) and they fit fine and the pano roof works.

Old 03-10-2016, 07:41 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
My 955 has pano roof and rails. Well it has the built in section to attach the rails. I bought a cheap set of the rails on ebay and threw them on. They did cause problems with the pano roof on the passenger side but I am sure a factory set wouldn't have the same issue. I took 'em off to plasti-dip the built in rails and never bothered putting them back on.

So it can be and has been done. But if you don't have the built in section in the roof I wouldn't want to try adding it..with or without the pano roof.

Old 03-10-2016, 08:23 PM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
I purchased the factory rails this winter; I was in a bit of a pickle because there are 5 of us and we needed to travel with 5 pairs of skiis and luggage for weekend getaways.. I have a pano roof as well with the sunken rails on the sides, I ended up purchasing the Roof Rack (part 95504400072) and the large ski carrier..

The cost was obviously higher then aftermarket brands, but very happy with the quality. Install/removal is extremely easy as well.

Old 03-10-2016, 10:45 PM
jdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to beholdjdubbya is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by richie996
I purchased the factory rails this winter; I was in a bit of a pickle because there are 5 of us and we needed to travel with 5 pairs of skiis and luggage for weekend getaways.. I have a pano roof as well with the sunken rails on the sides, I ended up purchasing the Roof Rack (part 95504400072) and the large ski carrier..

The cost was obviously higher then aftermarket brands, but very happy with the quality. Install/removal is extremely easy as well.

So you bought these? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...m/95504400072/

That makes sense. Do they just lock in place with the key then?

Old 03-11-2016, 06:33 AM
richie996 will become famous soon enoughrichie996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jdubbya
So you bought these? https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...m/95504400072/

That makes sense. Do they just lock in place with the key then?
Yup; that's the set. If you look at the sunken rails there's a center area thats wider, that's where the rails insert and then you move them forward/back to the areas with notches and that's where they lock into place. The left/right sides of the rails flip up/down to fasten and you use the key to lock them in the "down" position.. They lock into place firmly and stay snug, there was no wobble or play in them at all which was very re-assuring.

FYI: At SuncoastParts they are about $20 cheaper.

The one downside (and this probably goes for any set of rails) is that the wind-noise increases dramatically; especially through the pano-roof.. With our skiis/rails on the top it made a whistling noise (like a tea-kettle) the whole entire trip; except for on the way home when it started raining/snowing/freezing; at that point the water froze in all the open areas and literally silenced the noise..

Old 03-11-2016, 07:47 PM
See this guy got it to work too...https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...o-problem.html

Maybe the key is to buy the cheap fleabay ones instead of factory??

Old 03-13-2016, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by jdubbya
See this guy got it to work too...https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...o-problem.html

Maybe the key is to buy the cheap fleabay ones instead of factory??
Ahh - but those are the rails.. I didn't want those; I just want to install my ski-rack when needed and remove everything when it's not, I don't want the permanent rails visible as it takes away from the look! The kit I got makes this happen easily.. takes 5 minutes to put on and off and the car looks the same when they are off, nothing left behind..

Old 03-15-2016, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by richie996
Ahh - but those are the rails.. I didn't want those; I just want to install my ski-rack when needed and remove everything when it's not, I don't want the permanent rails visible as it takes away from the look! The kit I got makes this happen easily.. takes 5 minutes to put on and off and the car looks the same when they are off, nothing left behind..
Right but the OP was looking for the side rails.