Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Another new GTS owner and a question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 01:26 PM
Hedge-Hog is on a distinguished road
Another new GTS owner and a question...

Hi all,

I just got my 08 GTS this past weekend. Really nice except that the throttle tip-in is a bit laggy. Reminded me of my 2001 A4 when they first got DBW...step on it and nothing for a bit then off it goes. Anyone else get the same experience?

Oh...and I gotta say full leather interior and and panoramic roof is a must for this car.

BTW, here's the spec:

Black
Bi-Xenon
PCM 2.1 (dammit on missing out with 3.0)
Heated front seats/steering wheel
Light Comfort Package
XM Sat Radio (never use it)
Floor Mats
Variable Assist Power Steering
Enlarged Rear Spoiler
Panoramic Roof System
Ski Bag
Roll-up Sunscreen for Rear Door Windows
Bose Surround Sound System
Front and Rear Park Assist
Interior Carbon Package
Trailer Hitch

Sorry, no pix yet...too lazy.
[Edit: ok, i lied...dealer took a shot for me.]

1st mod: Gotta get those Fabspeed bypass pipes! Great sound.

Cheers,
Hedwig (yeah, like the Harry Potter owl)

Last edited by Hedge-Hog; 07-03-2008 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Add pix.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Former Vendor
LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !LaneS@MAcarbon Is a GOD !
Congrats, sounds like a beautiful car. I love that panoramic roof! Lets see some pics!

Old 07-03-2008, 01:59 PM
racer_65 is on a distinguished road
How do you get full leather in a GTS?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:00 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
The only time I get a hesitation with ours is if I roll through a stop and try to get back on the gas right away. Seems like there is a huge lag in response but only in that situation.

I have the Pano but not full leather and I agree with you on both..... No PDCC?

Fabspeed pipes a must. Mine go on Saturday.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:02 PM
LRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond reputeLRDog has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by racer_65
order it? Or in my case, install it after the fact..... The dash, console and door panels have leather/alcantera on them. Great option.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by racer_65
Sorry, I wasn't being specific....it's actually called Interior in Leather since we all know GTS seats are alcantara so it can't be "full leather"...my bad. As ChuckZ mentioned, it covers the door windows sills, dash top/instrument panel and some other bits. I just couldn't stand the texture of the vinyl in the standard edition...really cheapens a great model. The leather should really be a standard item in GTS and up.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:15 PM
I noticed mine needs a bit more throttle input to get going...even in Sport Mode. In contrast, my M3 in Sport Mode just requires a bit of throttle to get the engine revving. It's definitely not a power/torque lag but a delay in response as you give it initial gas. Weird.

I didn't get the PDCC since I didn't really custom order the options...this car had most items I wanted and was on the boat already when I ordered. I heard the PDCC is great but unless you're on a track, it is not really noticeable. My previous SUV was an Infiniti FX35 and it handled great (I think it feel more nimble than the GTS) but rolls a bit. Test drove the X5 4.8 as well and again, it feel fat. The GTS, sans PDCC, was a big step forward so I guess I'm not missing it so much.

One thing I do regret, if I can do over, is getting a GTS Red car instead. While I think Black looks awesome, that Red really sings to me. Not too bright, not too dark...perfect.

Originally Posted by chuck z
The only time I get a hesitation with ours is if I roll through a stop and try to get back on the gas right away. Seems like there is a huge lag in response but only in that situation.

I have the Pano but not full leather and I agree with you on both..... No PDCC?

Fabspeed pipes a must. Mine go on Saturday.

Old 07-03-2008, 02:17 PM
Doc986 is on a distinguished road
Gorgeous car.

Love the wheels on the GTS - it's amazing how much better the car looks with them.

Do you have any interior pictures?

Old 07-03-2008, 02:52 PM
LAbull is on a distinguished road
Wow, Welcome.
Getting PCM 2.1 vs waiting for a PCM 3.0 upgrade that you can get later is the way to go if you can find all the options you want.

I had a B6 S4 with the DBW issue. Once it was flashed it got rid of that issue. Hopefully someone will fix that when EVOM or GIAC come out with a flash.

I could not find a 08 with all the options I want.
Carbon package is really nice.

Congrats to you. Go drive!

Old 07-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Originally Posted by Doc986
Gorgeous car.

Love the wheels on the GTS - it's amazing how much better the car looks with them.

Do you have any interior pictures?
That was the hard part...skipping by all those SportPlus rims on available cars so I can get the regular Sport rims.

Not too much pix...just ran down and snapped some. *please dont mock my leaving the blue film on the pedals...i'll get to them one day. scratches scare me *

Old 07-03-2008, 04:18 PM
Thx...I'm actually quite interested to see what your thoughts on the 09 are when you get it. Now that some of the GTS features are available for all Cayennes, I better enjoy them before everyone can dress the C6 to look like a CGTS.

And I didn't even get a chance for that debate since PCM3.0 was announced just last week. Oh well...I'll survive.

I did the APR chip on the A4 1.8T as well...although way faster, it still had the DBW delay. Like it's not directly connected or something. I'm hoping a dealer service flash can fix this.

Originally Posted by LAbull
Wow, Welcome.
Getting PCM 2.1 vs waiting for a PCM 3.0 upgrade that you can get later is the way to go if you can find all the options you want.

I had a B6 S4 with the DBW issue. Once it was flashed it got rid of that issue. Hopefully someone will fix that when EVOM or GIAC come out with a flash.

I could not find a 08 with all the options I want.
Carbon package is really nice.

Congrats to you. Go drive!

Old 07-03-2008, 04:31 PM
LAbull is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Hedge-Hog
Thx...I'm actually quite interested to see what your thoughts on the 09 are when you get it. Now that some of the GTS features are available for all Cayennes, I better enjoy them before everyone can dress the C6 to look like a CGTS.

And I didn't even get a chance for that debate since PCM3.0 was announced just last week. Oh well...I'll survive.

I did the APR chip on the A4 1.8T as well...although way faster, it still had the DBW delay. Like it's not directly connected or something. I'm hoping a dealer service flash can fix this.
I'm sure 09 will be just like yours, but new!
And I will have PCM 3.0.

I had the Revo Flash on the S4 on a 6mt and the dbw was completly taken care of. I guess APR tuned wasn't....very tuned

Yeah I'm not thrilled that regular Cayenne's will look just like the GTS. Oh well. Our cars are better!
I have heard many say that the GTS is better then the Turbo too.
I'm sure CT owners are not thrilled about that..........

Old 07-03-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by LAbull
Yeah I'm not thrilled that regular Cayenne's will look just like the GTS. Oh well. Our cars are better!
I have heard many say that the GTS is better then the Turbo too.
I'm sure CT owners are not thrilled about that..........
With your bypass pipes, a C6 will NEVER sound like a GTS though.....

Old 07-03-2008, 07:40 PM
I love the interior!

Originally Posted by Hedge-Hog
That was the hard part...skipping by all those SportPlus rims on available cars so I can get the regular Sport rims.

Not too much pix...just ran down and snapped some. *please dont mock my leaving the blue film on the pedals...i'll get to them one day. scratches scare me *

Old 07-03-2008, 08:43 PM
FULL BOOST is on a distinguished road
Sorry for the slightly OT post.... biut what do you mean the "other" Cayennes will look like a GTS???? Am i missing something?

Simon.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Another new GTS owner and a question...