Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

what is this button?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 12:22 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
what is this button?

while detailing my interior today, I noticed a little button, with a key I think on in, on the inside of the drivers door on the wall to the left of the seat.
Almost right next to the seat, reachable from the back.

What is this?

I will check the manual, but was just wondering.....

Old 07-09-2008, 03:21 PM
Hedge-Hog is on a distinguished road
On the outside below the B-pillar? I think it disables the interior sensors for the alarm if you decide to arm the car with dogs/kids/mother-in-law inside...or perhaps with the windows/sunroof open.

Old 07-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Jace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of lightJace is a glorious beacon of light
I think you're right.
Thanks, next time I lock the mother in law in the car, I.....m i g h t disable the interior if I am feeling generous.

Attached Images  
Old 07-09-2008, 03:47 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
thats what it is, asked dealer about it when i found it

Old 07-09-2008, 04:13 PM
so before you press the arm button on the fob, the button is a dim color, and when you press the button in the car, it becomes brighter.

By pressing the button inside the car, making it brighter, this disables the interior sonar?

As compared to not pressing it and just arming the car, this enables the interior motion?

Old 07-09-2008, 04:15 PM
globalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond reputeglobalm3 has a reputation beyond repute
When you lock your doors it will automaticaly turn the sensor on. if you want to dissable that 1 time you push the button then close door and lock. When you start the car back up it will reset again and you will have to push it.

This is my understanding

Old 07-10-2008, 01:40 AM
canberk will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by globalm3
When you lock your doors it will automaticaly turn the sensor on. if you want to dissable that 1 time you push the button then close door and lock. When you start the car back up it will reset again and you will have to push it.

This is my understanding
That is exactly what it does. It is more useful if you are going to leave your car in your garage for 2-3 months like me. Disengaging the alarm is the best because sometimes a little fly or anything like a bug stays inside your car and sounds the alarm constantly every time it touches the sensors.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by canberk
That is exactly what it does. It is more useful if you are going to leave your car in your garage for 2-3 months like me. Disengaging the alarm is the best because sometimes a little fly or anything like a bug stays inside your car and sounds the alarm constantly every time it touches the sensors.
They dont have the feature that easily activated on the 911s and it sucks! I used to leave the sunroof open and the alarm would go off with a leaf!
You have to push the key down twice or something along these lines to activate it.