Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Facelift conversion???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 05:38 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Joeacc
I did this complete facelift to my 2003 turbo about 6 months ago. It is complicated, but still able to be done. I also changed the complete color of my cayenne at the same time. Some day I will get some pics posted.
Would love to see the end results... what was the ballpark price for the conversion after all was said and done?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:22 AM
tuki is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by stealthTT
me also.
I almost got all the parts. hopefully in a few weeks will be ready. Bucharest & Istanbul ftw
good luck with that mate, It's a pain but really worths it.

And come to Istanbul for Porsche gatherings, you're not far

Old 02-08-2010, 03:25 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
Guess I need to come anyway, cause even if I have been several times in yours neighbour countries I still didn't visit yours.
So I will come for sure, as many friends told me only good things about Turkey.

when is the Porsche Meeting?

Old 02-08-2010, 03:30 AM
tuki is on a distinguished road
Well Istanbul is a quite nice city, full of life

We are planning a meeting very soon as soon as the weather gets well, because it's all snow and cold right now. I'll let you know when we are close to do something. It'll be nice to see you up here too

Old 02-08-2010, 03:32 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
I'll come for sure. Count me in.
thanks

Old 02-08-2010, 10:22 AM
yoojeankim is on a distinguished road
ball park on $?

Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 PM
yqku is on a distinguished road
Its Xenon lights?

Old 02-08-2010, 02:28 PM
LosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of lightLosAngeles is a glorious beacon of light
not a fan of that magnum kit

Old 02-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Ryboy996GT700 will become famous soon enoughRyboy996GT700 will become famous soon enough
For some reason I just can't get on board with the magnum front, but the rest I like.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:08 AM
just wondering, as my internet is slowwwwww.
Did you guys thought about the new headlights that they offer? the Blacked inside ones?
I was wondering if they sell these also for the non Xenon version. I would get those instead regular lights.

also, Magnum is the best dress for 955. I just dont feel the new one.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:03 AM
At porsche.com on the car configurator, the black headlight is only Xenon.
Don't think you can have halogen black..

Old 02-09-2010, 06:07 AM
thanks.
I thought to give a try
I couldnt find them without Xenon.

I've had bad experience with the 955 headlights, tried to opened them and no luck. Used the Owen, the blower, everything - they wouldn't fall apart. I asked some locals that restore headlights, and they said its a pain in the *** to open them, so they cut them , and then glue them together.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 AM
akshon is on a distinguished road
Guys I finished this conversion recently and honestly would not do it again if i knew it was this complicated.

Cost is approximately as follows;

Front bumper/ grills/ brackets/ turn signals/ fender liner/ radiator cover- $1500

Fenders: $500 (I found used sets at the salvage yar.

Headlights: $3200 ( I used the optional black headlights) 1500 for Regular silver headlights

Parking sensors front and rear: $1200 (would just buy a bumper without parking sensor holes and save this cost next time)

Rear bumper: $400

Rear Tail light: $350

With these parts you have a base turbo now.

If you want it to look like a GTS or a Turbo S you still need the following

Porsche fender flares: $800

Porsche Sport design kit: $2500

Paint and install: $2000 (hook up)

Cost of toal conversion about $12,500

Finally you have to rewire the system to accept the new headlights which is a total pain. Cost me about $800 for everything and the installer was being very fair with me as it took him weeks to figure out.

The front requires some modifying of brackets to get working and rear is straight up bolt on. I bolted the rear in like 30 minutes.

Total about $13,500

However as i mentioned above regular headlights and forgeting parking sensors saves 3k and i rounded up the figures above so this conversion can be done with all oem parts for around 10k.

It was worth it to me because i bought my 05 CTT last year for 28k. So for about 42k I have a facelifted GTS body turbo with 44k miles. Not too bad but a pain.

Old 02-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey, plug and play the parking sensor?
No error display?

Thank you

Originally Posted by akshon
Guys I finished this conversion recently and honestly would not do it again if i knew it was this complicated.

Cost is approximately as follows;

Front bumper/ grills/ brackets/ turn signals/ fender liner/ radiator cover- $1500

Fenders: $500 (I found used sets at the salvage yar.

Headlights: $3200 ( I used the optional black headlights) 1500 for Regular silver headlights

Parking sensors front and rear: $1200 (would just buy a bumper without parking sensor holes and save this cost next time)

Rear bumper: $400

Rear Tail light: $350

With these parts you have a base turbo now.

If you want it to look like a GTS or a Turbo S you still need the following

Porsche fender flares: $800

Porsche Sport design kit: $2500

Paint and install: $2000 (hook up)

Cost of toal conversion about $12,500

Finally you have to rewire the system to accept the new headlights which is a total pain. Cost me about $800 for everything and the installer was being very fair with me as it took him weeks to figure out.

The front requires some modifying of brackets to get working and rear is straight up bolt on. I bolted the rear in like 30 minutes.

Total about $13,500

However as i mentioned above regular headlights and forgeting parking sensors saves 3k and i rounded up the figures above so this conversion can be done with all oem parts for around 10k.

It was worth it to me because i bought my 05 CTT last year for 28k. So for about 42k I have a facelifted GTS body turbo with 44k miles. Not too bad but a pain.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by strife_wy
Would love to see the end results... what was the ballpark price for the conversion after all was said and done?
Well I found complete front and rear bumpers with wheel lips, grilles, foglights, brackets, etc. off of ebay about 10 months ago for $250. Wow what a deal huh. Another $250 to have my cousin ship it for me. Headlights used from ebay, xenon were about $1000. Taillights, fenders, taillights, sensors for the bumpers, all new were about 2000. Found some used GTS side skirts for about $400 off of rennlist locally. And I own a bodyshop so obviously this made the conversion and paint work easy. I also smoothed/primed out the texture in the lower portions of the front bumper, rear bumper, and lower body side moldings. As far as the color I took all of my old grays, blacks, and silvers; mixed them together and tinted it around until I liked it. Once again if I could save buying 1.5 gallons of color I did it. This conversion would probably cost in excess of 20k, including paint, labor, electrical, and parts. I wouldn't recommend it unless you own a shop or found parts that cost next to nothing, or both like I was able to. Here are some cell phone pictures.

Attached Images      

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Facelift conversion???