Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

Cayenne Facelift conversion???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Joeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to beholdJoeacc is a splendid one to behold
I really need to post some real camera pictures tomorrow. Those look pretty horrible. It actually turned out very nice.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:30 PM
strife_wy has a spectacular aura aboutstrife_wy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Joeacc
I really need to post some real camera pictures tomorrow. Those look pretty horrible. It actually turned out very nice.
Car looks fantastic - great job!

Old 02-10-2010, 11:47 AM
akshon is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by yqku
Hey, plug and play the parking sensor?
No error display?

Thank you
The only thing still being worked on is getting the parking sensors to work (i dont think they are plug and play) and getting rid of the lights out warning on the dash. everything works though.

Old 03-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Chemita_m3 is on a distinguished road
Hello I find impressive as the work done, I'm doing something similar in my 05 cayenne turbo kit I'm installing a 957 magnum am with the headlights and rear but I can not mount the rear mount but the intended eh does strange things changed eh position cables but still do not work well ay to reprogram the PBX or change it? and my car headlights xenon source is and I'm riding with xenon source other Model 07 hand you an outline of how you did your though my car is European version I think I can be helpful also forwards tubiste to reprogram anything or change any PBX?

Thanks for everything

Old 03-11-2010, 03:56 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Chemita_m3
Hello I find impressive as the work done, I'm doing something similar in my 05 cayenne turbo kit I'm installing a 957 magnum am with the headlights and rear but I can not mount the rear mount but the intended eh does strange things changed eh position cables but still do not work well ay to reprogram the PBX or change it? and my car headlights xenon source is and I'm riding with xenon source other Model 07 hand you an outline of how you did your though my car is European version I think I can be helpful also forwards tubiste to reprogram anything or change any PBX?

Thanks for everything

I'm lost.
translate again?

Old 03-11-2010, 03:30 PM
4Leisure is on a distinguished road
alot of work but what are you going to do now with the 2011's coming out?

Old 03-13-2010, 12:03 AM
sumat is on a distinguished road
the 957s are dropping in price by the week, so spending 10k on a 20-30k car that looks better than the new 2011 lexus-ish looking cayenne isn't that bad.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:25 AM
stealthTT will become famous soon enoughstealthTT will become famous soon enough
This conversion would probably cost in excess of 20k, including paint, labor, electrical, and parts. I wouldn't recommend it unless you own a shop or found parts that cost next to nothing, or both like I was able to. Here are some cell phone pictures.
It looks incredible! well done job, congrats.

just wanted to know what did you do with the rear lights. while the front lights are easy to make them work, I still have some trouble with the rears.
Could you please post some more info's on this?

thanks,

Ilie

Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Cheeky Monkey is on a distinguished road
Any updates?????

Old 03-30-2010, 11:51 AM
joejoe2010 is on a distinguished road
the 2011 cayenne s hybrid is my dream car

Old 03-30-2010, 11:52 AM
joejoe2010 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Cheeky Monkey
Any updates?????
you can check out spec of 2011 caynne from porsche.ca

Old 04-02-2010, 12:40 PM
facelift here completed also.
Mine is a 04 CS, and went with 957 CS.
and I'm very happy with it

Last edited by stealthTT; 04-02-2010 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor
nrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud of
Cayenne Facelift Conversion

We have a customer that is doing a facelift conversion on an '04 Cayenne S with Lithtronic headlamps. We supplied standard halogen 2nd generation headlamps for the facelift model with fenders, Magnum bumper etc. A body shop in Washington is installing these parts. Can anyone give us instructions for the body shop to make the headlight work without setting fault lights off? Can the lights be directly wired to the light switch? The customer does not care about the headlights moving directionally. We would be willing to pay for these instructions. Any help from someone that has done this install would be appreciated.

Old 04-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Former Vendor
nrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud ofnrauto has much to be proud of
Wiring of new headlights

Well I found complete front and rear bumpers with wheel lips, grilles, foglights, brackets, etc. off of ebay about 10 months ago for $250. Wow what a deal huh. Another $250 to have my cousin ship it for me. Headlights used from ebay, xenon were about $1000. Taillights, fenders, taillights, sensors for the bumpers, all new were about 2000. Found some used GTS side skirts for about $400 off of rennlist locally. And I own a bodyshop so obviously this made the conversion and paint work easy. I also smoothed/primed out the texture in the lower portions of the front bumper, rear bumper, and lower body side moldings. As far as the color I took all of my old grays, blacks, and silvers; mixed them together and tinted it around until I liked it. Once again if I could save buying 1.5 gallons of color I did it. This conversion would probably cost in excess of 20k, including paint, labor, electrical, and parts. I wouldn't recommend it unless you own a shop or found parts that cost next to nothing, or both like I was able to. Here are some cell phone pictures.

What did you have to do to wire headlights from 955 lithtronic to 957 facelift halogen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it possible to give me your contact phone number? Would you be interested in doing the necessary wiring to make the function properly.

NR Automobile

Old 03-10-2011, 08:05 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Any updates on how the wiring is done?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cayenne Facelift conversion???